Michael Jordan comments on Miami Heat Big 3; Disappointed in LeBron james, Wade, Bosh | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Jordan comments on Miami Heat Big 3; Disappointed in LeBron james, Wade, Bosh

And you're right about one thing and it's basically everything I've been saying. Cleveland DID do everything that they could for LeBron. And LeBron realized this. He seen it. He seen Dan Gilbert do everything in his power to get him some help. But at the end of the day, it wasn't enough. Antwan Jamison? Shaquille O'Neal? Jamario Moon lol? THAT is what Cleveland gets you. THAT is the kind of help you get year after year. You don't get Chris Bosh. You don't get Carlos Boozer. You can't land Amar'e Stoudemire or Carmelo Anthony. You CAN'T because you're Cleveland and you always will be.

You want to win rings, you have to leave Cleveland. He had to. No choice. And with the options on the table, there wasn't a better option than Miami. That's just how it worked itself out.

You're not getting it lol. It has nothing to do with Miami being "championship central" because we're not. South Florida is a GREAT place to be and a GREAT place to live. You New Yorkers should know something about that, right? In the great state of Florida, we don't pay state taxes. So LeBron keeps A LOT more money than he does in Cleveland.

This Indians and Browns have nothing to do with the Cavas, but they share the same bad luck. Or is it bad luck that all three of these franchises are ran by idiots, aren't worth much, fail to keep their stars, and fail to bring in free agents. But cities such as Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago, etc., these cities consistently bring in the big name free agents and retain their stars. There's a lot more to this than just sports. This is a man's life. He gets up and showers every morning like the rest of us. Eats his breakfast. Hits the gym. Pays his bills. Watches a little TV and lives a normal life like you and I. Miami is a better place to do these things. It just is. There's no debating that. You live in New York. You know. People move to New York to live the life. You probably see and meet people everyday in New York who aren't from New York. It's bright lights and big city. It's fun. It's attractive.

Miami Dolphins: 1972, 1973
Florida Marlins: 1997, 2003
Miami Heat: 2006

Just sayin'.

You are the one who brought up Clevalnd teams not winning not me. That had nothing to do w/ his decision, I'm sure living in Miami all year played a role b/c he is young and dumb and not focused on winning. That's why he announced he's "taking his talent to South Beach" instead of announcing he was signing w/ the Heat. he wants a championship handed to him.

Of course Miami and the surrounding areas are nicer than Cleveland, it's probably nicer than 90% of the places to live on Earth but basketball careers are short and he could live in Miami in the offseason. he is living in the lap of luxury no matter what City he calls home.

1972 and 1973 are a long time ago, if we bring up ancient history we can bring up past Cleveland Titles.

Browns: 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1954, 1955, 1964
Indians: 1920, 1948

10>5

And you're right about one thing and it's basically everything I've been saying. Cleveland DID do everything that they could for LeBron. And LeBron realized this. He seen it. He seen Dan Gilbert do everything in his power to get him some help. But at the end of the day, it wasn't enough. Antwan Jamison? Shaquille O'Neal? Jamario Moon lol? THAT is what Cleveland gets you. THAT is the kind of help you get year after year. You don't get Chris Bosh. You don't get Carlos Boozer. You can't land Amar'e Stoudemire or Carmelo Anthony. You CAN'T because you're Cleveland and you always will be.

You want to win rings, you have to leave Cleveland. He had to. No choice. And with the options on the table, there wasn't a better option than Miami. That's just how it worked itself out.

he had more than enough talent to win, I guarantee you Kobe at worst gets to the Fianls w/ that squad and I know Jordan would have won Championships w/ that squad.

Antawn jamison is better than the overrated Carlos Boozer.

If Lebron had committed to Cleveland they easily could have landed Boozer, Stoudemire or whoever else was out there.

Yeah, the man was only possibly going to prison for rape but basketball was clearly much more important at the time.:rolleyes2:

2 years and last year. Coming into this year the Celts w/ the Big 3 were 5-12 on the road in postseason.

2008: reg season on road 31-10, postseason 3-8
2009: reg season 27-14, post 2-4
2010: reg season 26-15

Please explain how they were great in the reg season on the road in each of the previous 2 years but struggled in postseason but now w/ their worst reg season road record they were all of a sudden suprmeely confident they could win on the road? As "good" as they were they were only 6-6 inclduing losing the final 2 games of the Finals on the road to cost them a Championship.

Of course Lebron works hard, you don't get to the level of player he is w/o working hard BUT he didn't want to take that to the next level to take his team to a Championship. He wanted to hop on board of an all-star team to almost guarantee a title.

Kobe won 3 championships already at that point and yes that was Shaq's team but Kobe kept working to help his team win and he was the focal point of 2 more title teams that on paper aren't very good. Kobe almost took the easy way out requesting a trade but agai he had 3 titles at that point anyway but luckily for him and the lakers they didn't move him. if he went to a great ready made team he wouldn't be elevated to the status he is at right now. If lebron took Cle to a title in the next few years(which I think he could have) he would be up there w/ the Jordan's of the world and now the Kobe's but he wanted the easy way out.

Mike Brown was fired b/c Lebron wanted it that way and Cle was doing everything they could to make lebron happy so he would come back. How is that on Gilbert's loyalty?

I brought it up earlier and it was ignored, imagine if a Jet said that crap? I just want Wade to get roasted by fans and the media over this like he deserves. It's one of the most asinine comments ever made by an athlete.

To be 100% honest, if a Jet player said that I'd laugh it off and say it was an idiotic thing to say just like I did with Wade. Athletes are human and it doesn't matter what uniform you're wearing you're still going to be human and I'm never one to attack players because they wear a certain uniform UNLESS it's the Florida Gators but that's a different story. Most of those retards are from Gainesville or surrounding area and they are certainly idiots.

If LeBron took Cleveland to a title he would be FAR AND BEYOND Jordan and Kobe because those two couldn't do it without another superstar on their team in major markets.

Boston had a terrible season record because they dealt with a lot of injuries this season. That's what I meant by flipping the switch. They coasted into the playoffs and beat teams on the road. They did that. That's fact. Forget about the previous two years. They rested guys and flipped the switch come playoff time. They had Los Angeles on the ropes in game seven. The mighty Lakers in the superior Western Conference. The overall #1 seed in the playoffs against and old, weak, four seed in the inferior Eastern Conference. Pretty impressive I think.

And LeBron's loyalty was questioned because Gilbert felt like he did everything for LeBron. But it's ok for Gilbert to turn his back on Mike Brown. And even if Gilbert did it "because LeBron said so" then I really question his loyalty. Although I'm sure it's nothing more than a rumor that LeBron wanted it that way.

Also, Dan Gilbert was born in Michigan but bolted to Ohio to make his fortune. Where's his loyalty to Michigan and his hometown of Detroit?

he had more than enough talent to win, I guarantee you Kobe at worst gets to the Fianls w/ that squad and I know Jordan would have won Championships w/ that squad.

Antawn jamison is better than the overrated Carlos Boozer.

If Lebron had committed to Cleveland they easily could have landed Boozer, Stoudemire or whoever else was out there.

Come on. Kobe got to the 7th seed in Los Angeles with a similar squad. Vlade Divac, Lamar Odom, Sahsa Vujacic, Luke Walton, Caron Butler. Those right there are better than what Cleveland was putting in their starting lineup.

I'd take Divac over Ilgauskas. Odom definitely over Jamison. Caron Butler over Mo Williams. I'd take Varejeo over Vujacic but that's about it.

To be 100% honest, if a Jet player said that I'd laugh it off and say it was an idiotic thing to say just like I did with Wade. Athletes are human and it doesn't matter what uniform you're wearing you're still going to be human and I'm never one to attack players because they wear a certain uniform UNLESS it's the Florida Gators but that's a different story. Most of those retards are from Gainesville or surrounding area and they are certainly idiots.

If LeBron took Cleveland to a title he would be FAR AND BEYOND Jordan and Kobe because those two couldn't do it without another superstar on their team in major markets.

Boston had a terrible season record because they dealt with a lot of injuries this season. That's what I meant by flipping the switch. They coasted into the playoffs and beat teams on the road. They did that. That's fact. Forget about the previous two years. They rested guys and flipped the switch come playoff time. They had Los Angeles on the ropes in game seven. The mighty Lakers in the superior Western Conference. The overall #1 seed in the playoffs against and old, weak, four seed in the inferior Eastern Conference. Pretty impressive I think.

And LeBron's loyalty was questioned because Gilbert felt like he did everything for LeBron. But it's ok for Gilbert to turn his back on Mike Brown. And even if Gilbert did it "because LeBron said so" then I really question his loyalty. Although I'm sure it's nothing more than a rumor that LeBron wanted it that way.

Also, Dan Gilbert was born in Michigan but bolted to Ohio to make his fortune. Where's his loyalty to Michigan and his hometown of Detroit?

That's a difficult comment to laugh off, I would hope no Jet or no other athlete would be dopey enough to make any comparison to the World Trade Center. I don't get too upset when athletes and entertainers make idiotic statements but this was beyond idiotic.

Jordan did it w/o another superstar. Scottie was a great player, he wasn't a superstar. Michael and the Bulls had to breal through great teams like the Celtics, Pistons and Lakers- who are the great teams that lebron and Cle ran into?

Flipping the switch is easier said than done.

Gilbert didn't turn his back on brown, he fired Brown BECAUSE of Lebron. That is what Lebron wanted, he wanted a scapegoat for his failures.

Did Gilbert have the opporunity to make as much money or more by staying in Michigan? That's not a good comparison. I don't get too caught up in leaving his hometown, my problem w/ him is how he did it and leaving to join a reayd made team when as a great player he should have wanted to do it on his team.

Come on. Kobe got to the 7th seed in Los Angeles with a similar squad. Vlade Divac, Lamar Odom, Sahsa Vujacic, Luke Walton, Caron Butler. Those right there are better than what Cleveland was putting in their starting lineup.

I'd take Divac over Ilgauskas. Odom definitely over Jamison. Caron Butler over Mo Williams. I'd take Varejeo over Vujacic but that's about it.

That is definitely not better than waht Cle had. Divac was at the end of his career, Butler is average, odom has more talent than Antawn but Antwan has had the better career.

When James signed his last contract with the Cavs, as is well-known, he opted to take less than the maximum contract and settled for three years so that he would be a free agent this summer. Though that may seem like a long time, from a development standpoint in the NBA, it isn't.

The Cavs were "on the clock" as it were, especially during the past two seasons as it was obvious teams like the Knicks, Nets and Heat were clearing cap space to get ready for a shot at James. The team bet "short" on a lot of roster moves in an effort to keep the team as competitive as possible at that instant.

This included making trades for older players like Ben Wallace, Shaquille O'Neal and Antawn Jamison, all deals that James pushed for because he wanted to win a title as soon as possible.

During the past two summers when free agents the Cavs were interested in called James, he was non-committal about his future. He hoped players would come play with him but he was not on the front of the recruiting lines. He was also unwilling to give any sign he was going to be in Cleveland long term.

These tactics cost the Cavs several players

Click for the entire article:

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/07/it_was_after_lebron_james_sign.html

That's a difficult comment to laugh off, I would hope no Jet or no other athlete would be dopey enough to make any comparison to the World Trade Center. I don't get too upset when athletes and entertainers make idiotic statements but this was beyond idiotic.

FanHouse deeply regrets misquoting Dwyane Wade. Please read his full comments, much less inflammatory or insensitive

So who is more of the idiot? The fan that is stupid enough to believe everything they read on blogs or the athlete who is foolish enough to say something without thinking how the internet can alter a few words to change the tone of a statement? I'll go with the simple minded fan.

So who is more of the idiot? The fan that is stupid enough to believe everything they read on blogs or the athlete who is foolish enough to say something without thinking how the internet can alter a few words to change the tone of a statement? I'll go with the simple minded fan.

I saw the interview, the comments were BAD. The supposed misquote was:

original on AOL:

"If we lose a couple in a row this season, it will be like the World Trade
is coming down again."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/out_of_bounds_Zvxpn4Psvv3caX3FsdyTOJ#ixzz0uEL8ebZ0

Revised:

"there's going to be times when we lose two, three games in a row and it seems like the world has crashed down. You all are going to make it seem like the World Trade is coming down again,

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/out_of_bounds_Zvxpn4Psvv3caX3FsdyTOJ#ixzz0uELExTkc

His comments were despicable. That should never be brought into the conversation for a comparison about basketball.

Maybe you should actually watch the interview? What you are accusing me of doing is EXACTLY what you are doing.​

You are the one who brought up Clevalnd teams not winning not me. That had nothing to do w/ his decision, I'm sure living in Miami all year played a role b/c he is young and dumb and not focused on winning. That's why he announced he's "taking his talent to South Beach" instead of announcing he was signing w/ the Heat. he wants a championship handed to him.

Of course Miami and the surrounding areas are nicer than Cleveland, it's probably nicer than 90% of the places to live on Earth but basketball careers are short and he could live in Miami in the offseason. he is living in the lap of luxury no matter what City he calls home.

1972 and 1973 are a long time ago, if we bring up ancient history we can bring up past Cleveland Titles.

Browns: 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1954, 1955, 1964
Indians: 1920, 1948

10>5

You said the Browns alone had more than all of the Miami pro teams. You can't go pulling from the AAFC years or whatever the hell it was. 1973 might be a long time ago but it's more recent than the Browns title. You didn't even mention the Indians in that post lol. You've went in the wrong direction with this. My point about the Browns and the Indians was that their franchises have suffered just as much as the Cavs. It's the city. It comes with the territory.

Jordan did it w/o another superstar. Scottie was a great player, he wasn't a superstar. Michael and the Bulls had to breal through great teams like the Celtics, Pistons and Lakers- who are the great teams that lebron and Cle ran into?

Flipping the switch is easier said than done.

Gilbert didn't turn his back on brown, he fired Brown BECAUSE of Lebron. That is what Lebron wanted, he wanted a scapegoat for his failures.

Did Gilbert have the opporunity to make as much money or more by staying in Michigan? That's not a good comparison. I don't get too caught up in leaving his hometown, my problem w/ him is how he did it and leaving to join a reayd made team when as a great player he should have wanted to do it on his team.

That is definitely not better than waht Cle had. Divac was at the end of his career, Butler is average, odom has more talent than Antawn but Antwan has had the better career.

Scottie Pippen absolutely WAS a superstar. You're on that 1992 Dream Team...you're a superstar MINUS Christian Laettner. How can you say that Scottie Pippen wasn't a superstar? He was all defensive team several times. Had more length than anyone else in the league and he was names on of the 50 greatest players in NBA history. He most certainly was a superstar.

And the comparison of Gilbert leaving Michigan is a good example. If money is what he wanted and he knew he could make more of it by leaving then by all means do so. Same with LeBron. If he wanted titles he knew he had to leave Cleveland to get one.

Antwan Jamison was not and is not better than Carlos Boozer. And Boozer had already left Cleveland once when LeBron was there lol. Why the hell would he want to come back?

Maybe you should actually watch the interview? What you are accusing me of doing is EXACTLY what you are doing.

No thanks....really couldn't care less what the guy said. Why anyone attaches any importance to what these people say is a mystery to me. I was merely mocking the idiotic fans that believe whatever they read on the internet. They amuse me.

You said the Browns alone had more than all of the Miami pro teams. You can't go pulling from the AAFC years or whatever the hell it was. 1973 might be a long time ago but it's more recent than the Browns title. You didn't even mention the Indians in that post lol. You've went in the wrong direction with this. My point about the Browns and the Indians was that their franchises have suffered just as much as the Cavs. It's the city. It comes with the territory.

They count. They came into the NFL dominating, are we not allowed to count AFL championships?

Scottie Pippen absolutely WAS a superstar. You're on that 1992 Dream Team...you're a superstar MINUS Christian Laettner. How can you say that Scottie Pippen wasn't a superstar? He was all defensive team several times. Had more length than anyone else in the league and he was names on of the 50 greatest players in NBA history. He most certainly was a superstar.

And the comparison of Gilbert leaving Michigan is a good example. If money is what he wanted and he knew he could make more of it by leaving then by all means do so. Same with LeBron. If he wanted titles he knew he had to leave Cleveland to get one.

Antwan Jamison was not and is not better than Carlos Boozer. And Boozer had already left Cleveland once when LeBron was there lol. Why the hell would he want to come back?

Scottie was a star, not a superstar. isn't it interesting that he never made an AS game w/o Jordan even though he was still in his early 30s when Michael retired? He was a star, not a superstar.

The Gilbert leaving Mich is a poor example. Was he making his millions in Mich? Lebron could have made more in Cleveland so it's a poor example. Lebron wants titles handed to him, that's why he left.

Antawn is better than the overrated Boozer and Boozer left Cleveland b/c of money, he would have went back to Cleveland for the same reason. If Lebron committed to Cle and they would have offered Boozer big money he'd be there.

No thanks....really couldn't care less what the guy said. Why anyone attaches any importance to what these people say is a mystery to me. I was merely mocking the idiotic fans that believe whatever they read on the internet. They amuse me.

You are do the same thing that those idiotic fans are doing. you are believing what you see in an article.

Back
Top Bottom