Michael Thomas gets pissy with DeVante Parker

bflat

Scout Team
Reaction score
He didn't. He was mostly injured for 5 straight years. But sure, let's play fantasy football.
Fantasy football is the only reason this is a debate because you guys like the big numbers but don’t want to put them in context. Gilmore handled Thomas last time they played, end of discussion

finomenal

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Fantasy football is the only reason this is a debate because you guys like the big numbers but don’t want to put them in context. Gilmore handled Thomas last time they played, end of discussion
Nope. Not me. I don't play fantasy football, and I'm not a stat whore.

But...

How's this for context?

Screenshot_20200520-173108_Chrome.jpg

While Thomas was doing that, Devante was nursing another injury.

finomenal

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Did you even read what I said?
Yes.

You made an argument based on his skillset. That wasn't my point. Who has more talent has never been a question to me. Of course Devante would produce more in a world where he got more targets and didn't get injured all the time. That's obvious.

But we don't live in that world. The reality is that Devante was a huge disappointment until he finally stayed on the field for an entire season, so saying if and would have don't mean much.

Reaction score
Also at DeVante's rate of production, if he had the same number of targets as Thomas he would have had more yards and TDs than Thomas did...
You have to get open to get targets. We all agree that Thomas was in need of a tampon that day, but that doesn't negate the fact that he is an elite WR.

After our pathetic 0-7 start, Parker's numbers over the last 9 games would have put him on pace for 1,527 yards and 10.7 TD's over 16 games.

If he keeps it up, he's at the table for sure.

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Yes.

You made an argument based on his skillset. That wasn't my point. Who has more talent has never been a question to me. Of course Devante would produce more in a world where he got more targets and didn't get injured all the time. That's obvious.

But we don't live in that world. The reality is that Devante was a huge disappointment until he finally stayed on the field for an entire season, so saying if and would have don't mean much.
You're really making a lot out of nothing. I'm not arguing DeVante is better than Thomas but context matters and I think a lot of people are pointing out that Thomas is being a whiney bitch and gets force fed the ball and averages a low yards per catch and has a low yards per target number and a low depth of target number and again is being a whiney bitch.

nick1

I am Groot
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
You're really making a lot out of nothing. I'm not arguing DeVante is better than Thomas but context matters and I think a lot of people are pointing out that Thomas is being a whiney bitch and gets force fed the ball and averages a low yards per catch and has a low yards per target number and a low depth of target number and again is being a whiney bitch.
Low ypc, same amount of TDs, a ton of targets and from a HOF QB. He shouldn’t be telling anybody not to make excuses about the QB

Fin-Loco

Submarine Screen Door Slammer
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I know stats intimidate you, however, he was 70th in yards per catch, his average target was 89th and his targets was #1. Does that tell you ANYTHING at all?
Sure. Feel free to quote other meaningless stats like how many peppercorns he likes on an omelette and how long he watches Animal Planet. The guy had 1720 yds receiving ( averaged 107.8 yards per game), 582 YAC and is tied for third in tds with 9. Go ahead and act like he's average....

Our team has never had a WR like Thomas. Parker is ascending but right now, he's not even in the same conversation. Hopefully he gets there soon.

OmegaPhinsFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Sure. Feel free to quote other meaningless stats like how many peppercorns he likes on an omelette and how long he watches Animal Planet. The guy had 1720 yds receiving ( averaged 107.8 yards per game), 582 YAC and is tied for third in tds with 9. Go ahead and act like he's average....

Our team has never had a WR like Thomas. Parker is ascending but right now, he's not even in the same conversation. Hopefully he gets there soon.
no one makes better omelettes than you. Yes we know how much of a Parker fan you have been

Fin-Loco

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
no one makes better omelettes than you. Yes we know how much of a Parker fan you have been
There's nothing to do with being a fan. Parker was garbage his first four years. It isn't a perception thing it's reality. Last year he came alive and even though from a comparison to his other years it was a triumph, he still was nowhere near Thomas in the stats that matter. To be fair, Parker has never had Brees throwing to him either but still he needs to be graded on what he HAS accomplished as opposed to some fantasy Madden nonsense.

I have no idea what the omelette part means.

russianbear

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Parker isn't in the same category as Michael Thomas, yet. Period end of story. Thomas was being a little social media cry baby. Whatever.

Skills, ability...that's one part of the equation in the NFL. If you don't believe me go ask Josh Gordon where all his talent got him.

Fin-Loco

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Parker isn't in the same category as Michael Thomas, yet. Period end of story. Thomas was being a little social media cry baby. Whatever.

Skills, ability...that's one part of the equation in the NFL. If you don't believe me go ask Josh Gordon where all his talent got him.
Agreed. No-one said we don't want him to be as good. He just isn't yet...hopefully this pushes him to be.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Top Bottom