Michael Vick WAS involved in dog fighting at his house | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Vick WAS involved in dog fighting at his house

If convicted" is BS! If he's indicted or implicated in any way in anything that went on at that Virginia location -- even just keeping the dogs -- then he ought to be gone from the NFL for at least a year simply on the grounds of "conduct detrimental" to the game because that was at the very least a puppy mill, and was more likely much worse.

Moreover, if Vick was involved in the dog fighting, he ought to be banned from the NFL for life, since not only is dog fighting inhumane and illegal, it's also so tightly linked with illegal gambling and drug trafficking as to be almost inseparable. In fact, it was a drug raid on the property that raised the dog fighting issue.

Agreed, how about they throw Vick into a cage with 3 or 4 starving pitt bulls?

my buddy used to fight pits...he says its just a sport..kind of like home people bare knuckle fight in the underground fighting ring..he says you dont really get attached to the dogs and this is really big in urban communities

my buddy used to fight pits...he says its just a sport..kind of like home people bare knuckle fight in the underground fighting ring..he says you dont really get attached to the dogs and this is really big in urban communities
So that makes it ok?

And I don't care what he thinks, this is not a sport, it's sadistic.

tucker said:

Drugs, gangs, and violence are "really big in urban communities", too, so they're okay, too, right?

i keep reading people referring to Vick getting "a year off." that may be the least of his worries, he could be in for more time than that in the slammer, then have to deal with the league office afterword (a la Tank Johnson).

honestly, if convicted of this, his career is over. the cruelty charges alone are enough to bring the animal rights folks down hard on the NFL if they let him stay, plus dog fighting is staged so people can GAMBLE on it. Vick could conceivably face gambling charges, and if he was an organizer, which is highly likely since it was ON HIS PROPERTY, federal racketeering charges as well.

the NFL wants no part of a guy with ties to gambling or racketeering charges.

nice job Arthur Blank y'all really did your due diligence before the Schaub trade, :roflmao:

and on another note, i read today that Home Depot's quarterly earnings came in under projections, so Arthur is having a baaaaad day all around.

i keep reading people referring to Vick getting "a year off." that may be the least of his worries, he could be in for more time than that in the slammer, then have to deal with the league office afterword (a la Tank Johnson).

honestly, if convicted of this, his career is over. the cruelty charges alone are enough to bring the animal rights folks down hard on the NFL if they let him stay, plus dog fighting is staged so people can GAMBLE on it. Vick could conceivably face gambling charges, and if he was an organizer, which is highly likely since it was ON HIS PROPERTY, federal racketeering charges as well.

the NFL wants no part of a guy with ties to gambling or racketeering charges.

nice job Arthur Blank y'all really did your due diligence before the Schaub trade, :roflmao:

and on another note, i read today that Home Depot's quarterly earnings came in under projections, so Arthur is having a baaaaad day all around.
You bring up some very interesting points. And if it's federal charges would that mean this Poindexter guy would not prosecute Vick? Because all early indications suggest he doesn't have the balls to go through bringing a case against Vick.

You should keep better company. Your buddy deserves to dine on a bullet and so does Vick if he is convicted. Animal cruelty is a character flaw deserving of a death sentence. I like the idea of a previous post - lets put Vick in a cage with 3 starved Pit’s and see how fast he is..:evil:

The only problem with that is the poor innocent dogs might get exposed to herpes....:rolleyes2

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2871625

Before you guys get up in arms against Vick, remember, 4,000 miles north of where the fighting supposidly happened, every year there is a sporting event devoted to dog abuse, the Iditarod.

Lots more dog abuse, dog deaths and dog mutiliation. But hey, this thing with Vick is bad because football is more popular right?

Before you guys get up in arms against Vick, remember, 4,000 miles north of where the fighting supposidly happened, every year there is a sporting event devoted to dog abuse, the Iditarod.

Lots more dog abuse, dog deaths and dog mutiliation. But hey, this thing with Vick is bad because football is more popular right?

I fail to see your point. Your lecturing people for getting upset at an event not nearly as violent or for not knowing about the goings on in the Iditarod? Or maybe we should say nothing because hey there is much worse in the world going on when it comes to animal abuse. Before you jump on that soap box why don't you think about what you are saying. You are asking people to not get upset because there is much worse they may or may not know about.

Ron Mexico just continues to show his class.
Hed be a low life selling rocks on the corner in the hood if he didn't run a 4.3.

With all his money his opportunities are endless of things to get into to keep him busy outside of football.

yup...or in the joint

Back
Top Bottom