Mike Gesicki, What’s The Plan? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki, What’s The Plan?

Feel free to get back to me in 2 years on this. If he’s not cut prior

You do the same. Difference between you and me is I don’t make definitive statements prematurely and with an incomplete body of work.
You have a 50-50 chance of being correct.

You do the same. Difference between you and me is I don’t make definitive statements prematurely and with an incomplete body of work.
You have a 50-50 chance of being correct.

That’s not the only difference between you and me

Gesicki needs to camp out in the weight room for a couple of seasons and get stronger so he doesn't play so weak and look like a gawky oversized WR who gets knocked around.

Lets hope Gesicki sees the field under Flores before we start knighting him the best TE in the division since Gronk has retired.

Adding 2 TEs in free agency and saying nothing positive about any of the Pre FA tight ends speaks loudly on what this new staff saw from the TE play last year.

It was garbage in all phases. I have a feeling this finessee TE play is not in the new gameplan at all.

Can it improve? Sure . . . but optimism needs to be earned, not assumed, after 2018.

Look.... He didn't have a great rookie year by any stretch. BUT.... He has measurables. AND.... In his defense. He had Ryan Tannehill as his QB. I mean...... That's saying something,

Look.... He didn't have a great rookie year by any stretch. BUT.... He has measurables. AND.... In his defense. He had Ryan Tannehill as his QB. I mean...... That's saying something,

Easy out I suppose in terms of the blame game.

Hopefully the new regime can teach him to hop higher, hop farther, and hop in the right direction getting him beyond the 1st down marker every now and then.

Lets hope Gesicki sees the field under Flores before we start knighting him the best TE in the division since Gronk has retired.

Adding 2 TEs in free agency and saying nothing positive about any of the Pre FA tight ends speaks loudly on what this new staff saw from the TE play last year.

It was garbage in all phases. I have a feeling this finessee TE play is not in the new gameplan at all.

Can it improve? Sure . . . but optimism needs to be earned, not assumed, after 2018.
Nice post brother.

I’m sure he gets a clean slate. But what he looks like in otas or minicamp is meaningless. Put the pads on and will be a quick tell.

All will be revealed when he has to work through contact.

If he can catch and hold onto the ball we can use him. All we have is Part time Parker, two undersized guys coming back from ir and Sometime Stills. Let this fella do what he did in college catch the ball.

I remember watching Gesicki in training camp live last year, and one practice he made a few spectacular catches (like randy moss type plays over DBs). His potential is still there but he’s a limited player, his routes need to improve he looks awkward long strider, his strength is obviously a huge weakness (but that’s every young TE these days basically). But in terms of a jump ball athlete he’s one of the most gifted specimens in the NFL. If things click for him he can be a special player and I still have high hopes for him

I remember watching Gesicki in training camp live last year, and one practice he made a few spectacular catches (like randy moss type plays over DBs). His potential is still there but he’s a limited player, his routes need to improve he looks awkward long strider, his strength is obviously a huge weakness (but that’s every young TE these days basically). But in terms of a jump ball athlete he’s one of the most gifted specimens in the NFL. If things click for him he can be a special player and I still have high hopes for him

Right. His "game" is vertical

hence he's a volleyball player

in football garb...

No disrespect. I dig Vball but

barring some kinda metamorphic

transformation the kid looks displaced

on the football field -- especially dealing with

the physical dimension of the game -- which is

really significant for a supposed TE.

I think for a LOT of us -- it was rather *shocking*

how unfit he seemed for pro ball on a number of levels...

I'd sure like to see our internal scouting report on him

and certainly WHO was pushing for him as our pick...

BNF

Back
Top Bottom