Mike Gesicki, What’s The Plan? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki, What’s The Plan?

Another thing with Gesicki, why is the dude always trying to hurdle as his move? It rarely works, even if you are a beast athlete- and I realize he can jump out of the gym... but for christ's sakes, try a stiff arm or juke

Because he's as soft as cotton. He has zero physicality.

just so you know how I felt predraft about him, I think it matters.

''For months I’ve been using the words “inept, futile and hopeless..” I see no hope in his coordination, the mind is not connected to the body..''

''it comes down to fielding an offense With the type of players that don’t have glaring weaknesses thus giving the defense tells and him not offering us anything in the run game..I just don’t feel this is the way you play to win..

''No way I’m dropping a 2nd round pick on a guy who can’t do a major component of his positions responsibility.. call me old fashioned''

''Don’t draft him, he’s gonna get pummeled at this level, he’s gonna get himself or one of his teammates hurt..

Mark Andrews was my #1 tight end.
I liked Andrews too, but he wasn't anywhere close to my rating of Gesicki, who was alone at the top with Dallas Goedert at a close #2. I thought Mark Andrews was generally underrated by many in the build up to the draft. I think all three will be good NFL TE's, but I believe Gesicki will be the best when it's all said and done.

Gesicki needs to pitch a tent in the weight room and get stronger. He also needs to be a tougher player if he's going to ever be a starting TE.

I have heard weight room boners are a good way to add bulk, although I'm not sure of the science behind it. :shrug:

The problem with phin fans evaluating dolphin players is that they tend to see things through rose colored glasses. As a great horseman once said; when you look as someone through rose colored glasses, all the red flags just look like flags.

this is true.
from game 1 it was in the cards that Tanny was going to suck.

Put weight on to block and Gesicki will lose his natural ability, just like Dion Jorden when he put on weight to be 4-3 end.

He still has some value, trade him while you can get something back.

how much weight is he putting on? 70lbs? he just needs to add some muscle and get stronger, gesicki has the work ethic to get better and be a good player...dion jordan was just a lazy bum, the effort wasnt there regardless of the weight.

gesicki had a bad year, no doubt about it but who on this team didnt? who in this offense played at a high level week in and week out and consistently produced? who had good numbers? this offense was amongst the worst in the league and people are ready to give up on an athletic tight end prospect who is a legit mismatch after his first season?

I understand the frustration. i really do. But the people ready to move on just consider that you are judging a guy who was in his first year at a position that takes time to develop in an abysmal offense. We watched 2 prior years of the same horrid offense and there was next to no production from the tight end position. Just give gesicki time. He needs to bulk up, play more confidently/faster/smoother and continue to work on his blocking. I dont think physicality or aggressiveness is an issue, i just think he was unsure of himself which led to him looking awkward in his routes and after the catch and he just really needs to add strength. Once he gets some more experience the game will slow down and he will be a very good player for us. Id hate to give up on a guy with that kind of natural ability with a desire to get better because the previous coach was a useless moron.

how much weight is he putting on? 70lbs? he just needs to add some muscle and get stronger, gesicki has the work ethic to get better and be a good player...dion jordan was just a lazy bum, the effort wasnt there regardless of the weight.

gesicki had a bad year, no doubt about it but who on this team didnt? who in this offense played at a high level week in and week out and consistently produced? who had good numbers? this offense was amongst the worst in the league and people are ready to give up on an athletic tight end prospect who is a legit mismatch after his first season?

I understand the frustration. i really do. But the people ready to move on just consider that you are judging a guy who was in his first year at a position that takes time to develop in an abysmal offense. We watched 2 prior years of the same horrid offense and there was next to no production from the tight end position. Just give gesicki time. He needs to bulk up, play more confidently/faster/smoother and continue to work on his blocking. I dont think physicality or aggressiveness is an issue, i just think he was unsure of himself which led to him looking awkward in his routes and after the catch and he just really needs to add strength. Once he gets some more experience the game will slow down and he will be a very good player for us. Id hate to give up on a guy with that kind of natural ability with a desire to get better because the previous coach was a useless moron.

Correct. Watch the O in the last 3 games. That was a monumental implosion. Not arguing Gesicki is a great TE, but PART of his play was an inept staff

Correct. Watch the O in the last 3 games. That was a monumental implosion. Not arguing Gesicki is a great TE, but PART of his play was an inept staff

i cant guarantee he will pan out and ever be more than average but i watched his entire psu career, ive seen the talent that he possesses and im excited to see what gesicki can do at this level with some real coaching who hopefully uses players to their strengths and creates mismatches...the guy can go up and get the ball, we have been missing a player with this ability for as long as i can remember....he just needs time, he is a part of the rebuild and like i said id be pissed if they gave up on him because gase was a ****ing idiot

Rarely TEs blow in their rookie season, it's not time to blow the alarm yet.....

I'll blow the alarm on any poster who says we should draft an Iowa TE in the 1st round this year. WTF are you guys thinking? You dont draft a TE in the 1st when you need to rebuild both line units, and you dont have a QB, again WTF are you guys thinking?

Rarely TEs blow in their rookie season, it's not time to blow the alarm yet.....

I'll blow the alarm on any poster who says we should draft an Iowa TE in the 1st round this year. WTF are you guys thinking? You dont draft a TE in the 1st when you need to rebuild both line units, and you dont have a QB, again WTF are you guys thinking?
I agree drafting a TE makes no sense. We already have 3 very young guys in the room. If anything they might need to bring in a veteran instead of yet another young player and yes, both lines need lots of help so we need to start there.

The guy is a Puss*. Seriously, worse than Jonathan Martin. You think he's a gazelle but he's a baby giraffe.

Some pretty harsh talk about MG. I'm not that sour on him but he needs to stay on his feet. He was on the ground too much last year. I agree he needs to add some strength but he need to work on technique as well. WAY TO EARLY to be writing him off, IMO.

Then again, an actual TE coach may be able to help him now that Shane Day is gone.

The guy is a Puss*. Seriously, worse than Jonathan Martin. You think he's a gazelle but he's a baby giraffe.

wrong, jonathon martin was weak mentally and lacked aggressiveness and was weak physically.. gesicki is just weak physically and some time spent in an nfl weight room should add the needed bulk for him to play at this level, hes lanky, he needs to fill his frame out.

to call the guy a ***** because he got manhandled in a one on one vs an experienced corner on a goalline fade route is a little excessive at this point in time....

youre assessment seems like its based more on emotions than actual fact...i get none of our players pan out usually so i can understand the pessimism but i think we should let gesicki develop along with durham smythe, they could be a very good tight end duo who both bring different skillsets to the table. Gesicki has the big play ability like jimmy graham or kelce and smythe is more in the mold of anthony fasano where hes not great at one thing but hes good at all,a jack of all trades kind of guy.

wrong, jonathon martin was weak mentally and lacked aggressiveness and was weak physically.. gesicki is just weak physically and some time spent in an nfl weight room should add the needed bulk for him to play at this level, hes lanky, he needs to fill his frame out.

to call the guy a ***** because he got manhandled in a one on one vs an experienced corner on a goalline fade route is a little excessive at this point in time....

youre assessment seems like its based more on emotions than actual fact...i get none of our players pan out usually so i can understand the pessimism but i think we should let gesicki develop along with durham smythe, they could be a very good tight end duo who both bring different skillsets to the table. Gesicki has the big play ability like jimmy graham or kelce and smythe is more in the mold of anthony fasano where hes not great at one thing but hes good at all,a jack of all trades kind of guy.

Jimmy Graham...Travis Kelce...Who is now ignoring fact?

Please give me examples where you seen that he can ever develop into one of those type of players? I can't think of a play this season where he looked like there was hope with him. The most nonathletic freak athlete I have seen. Test all world...and run 5 yards without a stumble or two.

Back
Top Bottom