Mike Gesicki, What’s The Plan? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki, What’s The Plan?

You thought Ryan Tannehill was Tom Brady with legs.

I will never live that one down and you and many others will never take those words of mine in the right context.

But I’m more than willing to put my track record on evaluation/tape analysis against anyone’s here.

You, Cory Matthews whoever former banned poster that guy is or anyone else.

Have to ask if the FO could get a do over if they'd still draft the kid???

I seriously doubt it.

I think once the staff gets done evaluating gesickis 2018 tape they are gonna have some serious concerns

I don’t see how they couldn’t. And I don’t see how scheme is gonna rectify it.

At least with Raekwon we can hide some of his range ask schematically.

How you gonna hide gesickis weaknesses? And I’m not talking about in line blocking

I will never live that one down and you and many others will never take those words of mine in the right context.

But I’m more than willing to put my track record on evaluation/tape analysis against anyone’s here.

Dude to be 100% honest, I could honestly care less what any particular person's opinion on a player is. Were all here talking **** about NFL players.

I was just saying you can't bash a player when you overhyped a player a few years ago.

Dude to be 100% honest, I could honestly care less what any particular person's opinion on a player is. Were all here talking **** about NFL players.

I was just saying you can't bash a player when you overhyped a player a few years ago.

I just call em like I see em. Always have always will.

Tanny not developing the offscript and instincts stuff over time no way I could have known that or expected it. Part of just about every pocket progression qbs development.

Water under the bridge now I guess. Doesn’t make a lick of sense to me and likely never will

Vehemently disagreed with you on Tannehill but i think your knowledge of the game and scouting needs to be respected.

That doesn't follow any logic...

Why can't someone bash a player after hyping a player? At least him (and others) put those takes out there.

he deserves ONE year without Tanny.
stills, parker tho gotta go. they suck.

Vehemently disagreed with you on Tannehill but i think your knowledge of the game and scouting needs to be respected.

The problem with phin fans evaluating dolphin players is that they tend to see things through rose colored glasses. As a great horseman once said; when you look as someone through rose colored glasses, all the red flags just look like flags.

I can not see Miami actually doing anything as far as TE this year until they see a whole season with what they have, which is some good potential, but little guarenteed.

Gesicki was not used much because they wanted to force him to become a better blocker (which is doubtful, at best he may one day be tolerable if he put more weight on), but he can still become a force in the redzone, and on 3rd downs.

Smythe is another going into his 2nd year TE, and unlike Gesicki, he is a much better blocker, with even more room to be even better in time, but we can not be very sure about his receiving skills, considering we rarely saw him catch anything last year, and in ND, was used much more as an added blocker, then a receiver, but whe he did go out, he did show good hands, just need to clean up his route running.

O'Leary last year had some good moments, which makes me a bit curious if maybe there might be something there with him.

Derby showed a bit of ability a couple of years ago, so this is yet another player they may want to get a good look at.

The problem with phin fans evaluating dolphin players is that they tend to see things through rose colored glasses. As a great horseman once said; when you look as someone through rose colored glasses, all the red flags just look like flags.

That’s fair to an extent provided you take into account that o line play has been horrific at different points and may have either contributed or masked things.

I mean there was years there where he was taking hard direct contact before his back foot could even hit. And I don’t care what anyone says in a pocket progression based ask and qb that’s not on the qb. Rush 3 drop 8 rush 4 drop 7 and get home in a nanosecond.

But either way 2018 the qb wasn’t good enough. That much I take no issue with. Regardless of anyone else around the qb or health. The execution wasn’t at a high enough clip.

Sorry bro you said he was ahead of Bradys development in year 2. Nothing to take out of context. He reads presnap like Brady aand hes ahead of Brady in terms of development in year 2. Tom Brady with better legs

Just gotta eat some crow on that

Sorry bro you said he was ahead of Bradys development in year 2. Nothing to take out of context. He reads presnap like Brady aand hes ahead of Brady in terms of development in year 2. Tom Brady with better legs

Just gotta eat some crow on that

Partially correct. I said he read the field pre snap like tom Brady. Yep I did. I also said that his development was ahead of Brady’s in terms of what was on his plate ask wise of the qb in year 2. Yep.

There was nothing to take away from this guy won’t continue to develop instinctually or in the pocket feel or progression wise at that time.

Brady didn’t come in the league a top shelf feel for the pocket guy either. He developed into a plus pocket feel guy.

It’s pretty standard to expect that to develop over time and reps or a guy to fail very early.

We missed a year and a half of play with Ryan maybe this would have showed itself sooner in terms of the lack of instincts development and pocket feel tough to say. He was trending way up when he took that lower lead leg planted hit.

More than anything the on script timing was a tick off in 18. Something that was at a very high clip in 16 going into his injury.

Back
Top Bottom