Mike Gesicki, What’s The Plan? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki, What’s The Plan?

wrong, jonathon martin was weak mentally and lacked aggressiveness and was weak physically.. gesicki is just weak physically and some time spent in an nfl weight room should add the needed bulk for him to play at this level, hes lanky, he needs to fill his frame out.

to call the guy a ***** because he got manhandled in a one on one vs an experienced corner on a goalline fade route is a little excessive at this point in time....

youre assessment seems like its based more on emotions than actual fact...i get none of our players pan out usually so i can understand the pessimism but i think we should let gesicki develop along with durham smythe, they could be a very good tight end duo who both bring different skillsets to the table. Gesicki has the big play ability like jimmy graham or kelce and smythe is more in the mold of anthony fasano where hes not great at one thing but hes good at all,a jack of all trades kind of guy.
Wait, did the RBs at Penn State train in a different weight room than the TEs? I saw no physical weakness in Saquon Barkley's game.

if it don't work out cut him and moved on but give guy some time first.

Wait, did the RBs at Penn State train in a different weight room than the TEs? I saw no physical weakness in Saquon Barkley's game.

There is none in Gesicki either...well as far as weight room strength...field strength though.

415 bench and 380 power clean...for a 6'6" TE.

His issue is not physical strength.

Jimmy Graham...Travis Kelce...Who is now ignoring fact?

Please give me examples where you seen that he can ever develop into one of those type of players? I can't think of a play this season where he looked like there was hope with him. The most nonathletic freak athlete I have seen. Test all world...and run 5 yards without a stumble or two.

I don't like your 'either/or.' Why do you think any TE has to be a Graham. The NFL is full of average TEs. THAT is a realistic goal. Can Gesicki do that? The jury is out and we don't know Flores' plans. No unbiased person will say Gase schemed him to his strengths. Can Flores? I hope so. In any case, give MG some times for Flores to see what he has.

This is what a TE should look like...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...-of-worlds-as-a-blocker-dynamic-pass-catcher/

That is the type of guy you can develop...

I don't like your 'either/or.' Why do you think any TE has to be a Graham. The NFL is full of average TEs. THAT is a realistic goal. Can Gesicki do that? The jury is out and we don't know Flores' plans. No unbiased person will say Gase schemed him to his strengths. Can Flores? I hope so. In any case, give MG some times for Flores to see what he has.

It is not an either or...I was simply replying to his statement that he could be one of those players. I was simply saying that it was ridiculous and that nothing n his game suggest he will even be a competent NFL starter. Can't block, Can't get separation, can't out physical a CB who is giving up almost 50 lbs. Hel the dude struggles to stay standing.

Gesicki lacks functional football strength. Not weight room strength.

The frame is the real issue here.

wrong, jonathon martin was weak mentally and lacked aggressiveness and was weak physically.. gesicki is just weak physically and some time spent in an nfl weight room should add the needed bulk for him to play at this level, hes lanky, he needs to fill his frame out.

to call the guy a ***** because he got manhandled in a one on one vs an experienced corner on a goalline fade route is a little excessive at this point in time....

This assessment is based on a season's worth of watching the player flail around like a drunk ballerina auditioning for the nutcracker, which is what he has done since being drafted, to all those that vaunted his abilities in the NFL. He wasn't simply manhandled one time in one game, it was as frequent as your grandpa's bladder.

Not going to write him off just yet, I think it's only fair to give every rookie the benefit of the doubt in year one. But year two onwards he has to start showing a little more.

I must admit I didn't really follow his college career, so when there was a lot of excitement on here when we made the pick, I was happy to go along with the flow. From this perspective, it looks like one the worst picks from a hype level to performance on the field right now, would like to think though that there is something there that the new staff can work with.

Last edited:
Travis Kelce rookie year was nothing, and his sophomore year was nothing to write home about either.

Anyone thinking that Gesicki was ever drafted to be a complete TE is just naive. Gesicki is a Y-receiver, just like Kelce and Zach Ertz.

And just like most WR's and slot receivers, they just don't explode right out of the gate. Give the guy a break.

Travis Kelce rookie year was nothing, and his sophomore year was nothing to write home about either.

Anyone thinking that Gesicki was ever drafted to be a complete TE is just naive. Gesicki is a Y-receiver, just like Kelce and Zach Ertz.

And just like most WR's and slot receivers, they just don't explode right out of the gate. Give the guy a break.

Naivety is thinking that the people who dislike him are doing so because he "didn't explode out the gate" You can literally watch him on the field and see he doesn't have the athleticism to be a good Y.

Ertz still had a solid rookie season and doubled ours boy Gesicki's production and Kelce was ****ing hurt week 1. His first full season 67 rec for 800 plus yards.

Do you even attempt to research this stuff?

Ertz has top shelf short area quickness. That’s how he wins on iso so much. He wins inside repeatedly and gets in and out of cuts very well

Hope for the best with Gesicki. The muscle he's weakest at is the one pumping blood through his body.

Only on this site is a rookie player’s career epitaph written after one season.
His frame? No functional strength? Give me a break

Back
Top Bottom