Mike Gesicki, What’s The Plan? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki, What’s The Plan?

He's a guy like DVP that is a waste of a pick. Package him with Charles Harris and DVP, get as high a pick as possible.

Fill the roster with real football players

I'd trade him for a day three pick if possible & draft a another TE. Don't care about his talent. I've seen enough of his mentality. He's an oversized DVP; not a football player. Tired of these guys who lack heart.

There are TE's out there is the new staff cant get more out of MG.

Dion Sims was released from the bears last week.

Pretty sure hes going to az or already signed.

Give him another year or at least thru camp at TE. It really did aggravate me when he let a little cb abuse him on a fade route in endzone tho. Worst case scenario is I dont see why he cant be a big outside wr. Big enough to get the 50 50 balls but will he get physical enuf to fight for them while coming down. We have o'Leary and smythe for inline but dont see how we cant make use of Mike g. If we are having this discussion a year from now then we have an issue.

Hes not a 5 yard in guy that we tried to make him. New system, new coaches, I say we should pump the brakes for half a season on some of our potential busts

Pretty sure hes going to az or already signed.

Give him another year or at least thru camp at TE. It really did aggravate me when he let a little cb abuse him on a fade route in endzone tho. Worst case scenario is I dont see why he cant be a big outside wr. Big enough to get the 50 50 balls but will he get physical enuf to fight for them while coming down. We have o'Leary and smythe for inline but dont see how we cant make use of Mike g. If we are having this discussion a year from now then we have an issue.

Hes not a 5 yard in guy that we tried to make him. New system, new coaches, I say we should pump the brakes for half a season on some of our potential busts

That was Charles Clay who signed with Arizona, Sims is concussion prone which I forgot about, but still out there.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports...-bills-dolphins-cardinals-20190221-story.html

Coach him up. His talent is clear, he just needs development. He is sloppy but that can be fixed. It would be stupid to give up on a guy with his measurables after one year.

Oh definitely not looking to move on from him.

His athleticism is still off the charts.

Hard to call a guy a bust on year 2 but he looks like garbage.

I don't see the bust label at all! Sure he clearly needs to get better like most players.
Also he was put into positions many times last season that didn't take advantage of his strengths.

You know what's his strength?
Catching the ball and he does that very well!

If you go back and watch his routes you'll notice while they weren't always pretty he often generated separation.

Last edited:
Too early to call him a bust. And I think he won’t be a zero regardless. His physical metrics will allow for at least some production. His hands are solid and he’s tall and can jump, so the laws of physics tell you he will have production.

Now, will he have the physical toughness, feel, and quick twitch burst and suddenness to get open enough to be a high end TE? That’s questionable but he has this season to prove himself.

Will he just be a Coby Fleener and draw a paycheck but bounce around and not move the needle? I’m not even talking about blocking.

I think we will know this year based on how much improvement we see in production. If he doesn’t produce and Goedert continues to show the feel and knack for the tough catch (despite the presence of Zach Ertz, a top 3 TE), it will be painful.

But, this is a re-do anyway. Let’s hope that our two new hotshot personnel guys can inject some ability to execute sharp decision making in here.

I preferred Goedert but there was a lot of talkthat Gesicki perfectly fitted what Gase wanted to do and allowed him to run his ideal offense. Then there was a great breakdown by 3YPC after one game which highlighted that he was being used predominantly on running plays, and when he was in for passing plays he was mainly blocking. Was this a pathetic attempt by Gase to 'fox' the opposition?

Back
Top Bottom