Mike Gesicki | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki

The "we're saving him" theory might have been one of the most nauseating things I've seen on this forum, and thats saying something.

I don't follow college football so I don't know anything about him but from what I've seen so far, athletically he reminds me of Hartline, without the production.

Gase is such a liar lol

Not given up on him but this player benefits from shorts drills and combine settings far beyond the typical player or even the typical tight end. Every time I saw him at Penn State these identical weaknesses were glaring. Then fast forward to combine and everybody is raving about him. Definite head scratcher. But I don't like to set aside the long term impressions in favor of anything recent.

That's why I was rooting for Goedert on that pick. Gesicki will make some plays but they will be somewhat like Parker...out of nowhere and not necessarily dependable the next time. He's a gadget player with with the length instead of speed like Grant.

Gesicki is probably overdue for a huge play.
He can make the great play because of his extreme catch radius..

I can’t wait for those to come.

I suppose Gase is trying to establish to a defense that just because he’s on the field it doesn’t mean it’s going to be a pass..but in doing so your risking the effectiveness of the play, your risking a turnover, and your risking injury at this point because of how bad he is.

Hey he’s a tight end, if blocking is part of the job description then you leave yourself open to criticism..some folks think he can improve, I happen to think while he may improve some, the starting point is so low I’m not sure it’s going to matter.

Egnew never looked like gesicki does in his stem. Egnew lacked burst gesicki is one speed.

He better learn to change them but he also better get much stronger in his stem. Way too easily rerouted. Two things he should concentrate the most on. Changing speed in his routes and not getting so moved off the spot in his stem. Also Miami should employ mostly speed cuts to avoid the long strider gear down and cod extra steps out of anything else.

Another issue is his feet are outside of the frame work of his body way too much. Which is why he always seems to be off balance.

The blocking id bet money is a life long failure with that frame. So try and make him a Jared Cook ask.

His heads in the action too much anyways. He’s asking for a serious neck or head injury.

Miami got some better return on raek this week mostly cause they let him play to some of his strengths and hid his weaknesses by re moving him from the game in certain packages. And Jerome baker took up the slack.

Do the same by inserting smythe for certain ask and pulling gesicki. Who cares if it’s 11 personnel. The passing game gains which are minimal to begin with don’t offset the risk. And we see it every week.

Enough is enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Egnew never looked like gesicki does in his stem. Egnew lacked burst gesicki is one speed.

He better learn to change them but he also better get much stronger in his stem. Way too easily rerouted. Two things he should concentrate the most on. Changing speed in his routes and not getting so moved off the spot in his stem. Also Miami should employ mostly speed cuts to avoid the long strider gear down and cod extra steps out of anything else.

Another issue is his feet are outside of the frame work of his body way too much. Which is why he always seems to be off balance.

The blocking id bet money is a life long failure with that frame. So try and make him a Jared Cook ask.

His heads in the action too much anyways. He’s asking for a serious neck or head injury.

Miami got some better return on raek this week mostly cause they let him play to some of his strengths and hid his weaknesses by re moving him from the game in certain packages. And Jerome baker took up the slack.

Do the same by inserting smythe for certain ask and pulling gesicki. Who cares if it’s 11 personnel. The passing game gains which are minimal to begin with don’t offset the risk. And we see it every week.

Enough is enough.

Penn state actually recruited him for volleyball first lol, that frame is perfect for volleyball.

Enough is enough.
Agreed, besides being a very bad blocker, who is gonna get someone hurt, if not himself, he’s an easy cover at this point.

In college you can create some speration with inferior athletes, not NFL corners, they’re sticky..right now all we got as a plus is an elite catch radius..

Except Kelce played ZERO offensive snaps in his rookie year
while Gesicki has played 153 snaps

There’s no similarities in their frames either. Gesickis frame is like a stork or something. Wiry lean thin torsoed high cut. Just a massive number of things that play against you in a blocking ask.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they asked him to gain weight this offseason thinkIng that is the fix and he came back bloated and scraped the athlete in the process.

Hell I’ve seen it before with Dion Jordan.

People are being way too impatient with a guy we all knew was very raw coming out.

I did think he'd be a factor in the red zone though.

I just have a question? What are you guys thinking is gonna change so much here?

And what is the comp for the position for that body type.

Anybody? I’m tellin ya the only guy I can even think of is Jared Cook and he seems to separate more and not have that overstride to deal with.

I just have a question? What are you guys thinking is gonna change so much here?

And what is the comp for the position for that body type.

Anybody? I’m tellin ya the only guy I can even think of is Jared Cook and he seems to separate more and not have that overstride to deal with.

Cook looks more broad in the shoulders and back. Gesicki should risk the athlete and gain weight, I see some possession/jump ball potential with him, if he can't separate that's where he will need to make his living.

Back
Top Bottom