Mike Gesicki | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki

Don't be fooled by this volleyball player pretending to be a football player. Gesecki just does not have the fire and toughness to be a successful NFL tight end. This guy can get thrown off his block by a mouse-fart. This guy culdn't get past press-coverage if Danny DeVito was covering him. What a disappointment. Everytime I see him playing, it looks like he's some pale-automaton, protecting a fragile snowglobe of a Gase holiday dinner at the Tannebaums in the core of his body, that if crushed, he would perish, banished to the Philbin realm of gum-wrapper custodian duty, for eternity. Man we missed when we picked this guy.

I just hope we didn’t draft another soft player...tired of Devante Parker’s, Jordan Phillips etc etc etc

The hype for Mike Gesicki on this forum was out of this world. Dudes were geeked out over his combine numbers, while his tape was less than spectacular. His athleticism pops out when high pointing the football, but that’s about it. And his blocking was as advertised...Swiss cheese.

That whole draft was not a good tight end draft. We reached for need.

I'm genuinely surprised so many on here have already given up on Gesicki as a full blown bust. I just figured that the coaches were giving him some time to progressively learn more before getting more opportunities when thrown the ball in games. I know that he needs to get physically stronger to take on his opponents but had no idea that he was already written off as a full blown "Egnew-esque" major bust disaster. If he is as bad as you declare then we probably need to see more opportunities given to Durham Smythe.

I agree with all that. Hes definitely not an all around TE, and likely never will be. He can be an elite deep threat and an elite red zone target though which is still awesome. Goedert was possibly the right pick, but I still believe the circumstances are just not in Gesickis favor to get many chances let alone good chances that use him to his strengths.

I agree with this and the post that preceded it. I think when he maximizes his strengths, he'll be a formidable weapon if used correctly. There will be growing pains, no doubt. Most TEs don't produce high in year 1, as has been pointed out numerous times.

I'm genuinely surprised so many on here have already given up on Gesicki as a full blown bust. I just figured that the coaches were giving him some time to progressively learn more before getting more opportunities when thrown the ball in games. I know that he needs to get physically stronger to take on his opponents but had no idea that he was already written off as a full blown "Egnew-esque" major bust disaster. If he is as bad as you declare then we probably need to see more opportunities given to Durham Smythe.

Amen Bro.

I find it ironic that some of the same people eviscerating Gesicki after 5 career games are still pimping out Tannehill as a good QB that needs more time.

Last edited:
I said in the offseason IMO:

1. The offense will be good if we get the normal DVP production (we haven't gotten that yet).
2. The offense will be really good if we get true #1 DVP (that pipe dream is about out the window).
3. The offense will be top 5-10 if the rookie TE's contribute right away (we aren't getting **** from them).

The offense is average to bad and none of my 3 points have come to fruition. I didn't count on the line being ravaged by week 6 but I think we really only have a chance, I stress CHANCE, at DVP contributing what he normally does and being a good offense. Anything else is a pipe dream. But what do I know, DVP will probably have a good game and they'll trade him out of injury bug frustration.
I'm confused...what's the difference between 1 & 2?

Holy crap this kid is a bust five games into his career? Give me a ****ing break.

Holy crap this kid is a bust five games into his career? Give me a ****ing break.
I sure do want the kid to be good, the blocking is what it is and I’m afraid what it’s going to always look like, so I’m trying to imagine what the next step is..I can’t hold out hope that it’s going to become adequate cause I don’t think it is..sure hope I’m wrong, trying to figure out how do we deploy him as a receiver.

Not given up on him but this player benefits from shorts drills and combine settings far beyond the typical player or even the typical tight end. Every time I saw him at Penn State these identical weaknesses were glaring. Then fast forward to combine and everybody is raving about him. Definite head scratcher. But I don't like to set aside the long term impressions in favor of anything recent.

That's why I was rooting for Goedert on that pick. Gesicki will make some plays but they will be somewhat like Parker...out of nowhere and not necessarily dependable the next time. He's a gadget player with with the length instead of speed like Grant.

Gesicki is probably overdue for a huge play.

The hype for Mike Gesicki on this forum was out of this world. Dudes were geeked out over his combine numbers, while his tape was less than spectacular. His athleticism pops out when high pointing the football, but that’s about it. And his blocking was as advertised...Swiss cheese.

That whole draft was not a good tight end draft. We reached for need.

The "we're saving him" theory might have been one of the most nauseating things I've seen on this forum, and thats saying something.

I don't follow college football so I don't know anything about him but from what I've seen so far, athletically he reminds me of Hartline, without the production.

Don't be fooled by this volleyball player pretending to be a football player. Gesecki just does not have the fire and toughness to be a successful NFL tight end. This guy can get thrown off his block by a mouse-fart. This guy culdn't get past press-coverage if Danny DeVito was covering him. What a disappointment. Everytime I see him playing, it looks like he's some pale-automaton, protecting a fragile snowglobe of a Gase holiday dinner at the Tannebaums in the core of his body, that if crushed, he would perish, banished to the Philbin realm of gum-wrapper custodian duty, for eternity. Man we missed when we picked this guy.

5 games in and we already have the answer. Alrighty...I guess we should cut him now?

Back
Top Bottom