Mike Greenberg Complaining About Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Greenberg Complaining About Dolphins

It is classless!!!....note to Ross: If you think Sparano is a good coach, keep him; if not, then fire him already and get someone else, regardless of who else is available.

Stuff like this gives teams a bad name. Between this and the "is you mother a prostitute" situation, players and coaches may start think twice about our organization.

How about beating up your pregnant girlfriend
multiple DUIs
an "owner" known for wetting herself on stage
asking a potential draftee if his mother is a prostitute
leading the league in arrests

Let's not act like the dolphins have been the picture of class

I'd respond to this but I'm too preoccupied with invading all 3 holes of this familiar looking skank at the alt.com invitation of her self-described "bi-curious" hubby.

These are completely different situations...

J.Taylor brought trade value to the team, they waited until his value was at it's highest and JT tolded the FO he planned to not follow the company line and wanted to go dancing instead of being a part of the team.

Not cutting Henne before the draft or even waiting until the season is all about competition. Competition is what makes a lot of NFL players great, you can see players preform much better when their jobs are on the line. You find out a lot about your players when you bring in players to compete for their job. I don't ever remember a team bringing in another coach to compete with the one that's already there.

Ross needs to cut ties with TS and find his coach not the reverse, it is classless and unprofessional whether you agree or not. Most around here allow their hatred for TS to blind out the ignorant manner in which TS is being dealt with....and this has nothing to do with feeling sorry for a guy especially when all this is completely unnecessary.

From what we've heard, the FO told JT to wait until after the draft, before he would be re-signed. Basically, asked to wait until we see if we have a better option coming our way. Sounds very similar to the situation now with Ross' treatment of Sparano....of course not exact, but it isn't hard to see a clear connection

Any one who thinks that Jed York or Mich's Dave Brandon had no direct or intermediary conversation with Harbaugh prior to their respective firings of Singletary or RichRod are being naive. The major difference is that Ross unknowingly was the one who actually deferred until the Orange Bowl to reach out, disadvantaging himself by coming late into the conversation and having to ratchet it up accordingly.

Ya know, I originally felt sorry for Sparano, but the more I think about it...I don't really. If I knew that if I were to get fired I'd get paid 2.5 million dollars, I certainly wouldn't complain. I wouldn't resign either. I'd hold my employer to the terms of our contract and expect to be paid. Its not like Sparano is hurting for money or struggling to put food on the table. Any sensible person could make that 2.5 million go a long way...not to mention he has the money from his previous 3 years on his contract. It is what it is. It may not be pretty, it may not be entirely "ethical" by some people's standards, but last time I checked the NFL (or any professional sports league for that matter) didn't exactly set the standard for ethics in sports. My point is it goes on all over sports, not just by the Dolphins...not just by the NFL...and not just in football. You don't think that some of these other teams haven't had handshake agreements in place before they fired someone including coaches, OC's, DC's, etc.?! Please...if you think that then you are very naive. If the NFL thought it was so "unethical" then they would have a specific rule stating that you can't contact potential HC candidates if that position is currently still filled.

they say don't get rid of someone until you've got a better replacement. The worst thing would be to settle on a lateral move at the end of this whole hire/fire process. Classless or not, that's just good business. ESPECIALLY if you're going to be on the hook for the remaining $3 mil on his contract. One would think it make for a more seamless transition in many professions if there isn't a 2 week vacancy while conducting a search for a replacement.

Would it be classless to have been interviewing candidates for the Panthers job the last week or two of the season even though everybody including the coach knew that he wasn't getting a new deal after his contracted time was up? I know its not the same thing, nor is training your already hired replacement the last 2 weeks before you leave a job (whether you quit or retired) but life is often full of very awkward situations that grown-*** people have to be able to just man up and deal with.

I'm sure Ross really does like Tony as a person and was more straight-up with him than we're assuming here in telling him he was going to talk to a few people and decide whether to replace him or keep him depending on who is interested and what the stipulations would be. Tony is free to walk at any time...I'd personally eat a poop sandwich in public every tuesday on tv than quit and lose out on my last guaranteed $3 mil so however bad Tony Jabroni feels about the way he's being "treated" with his multi-million dollar guaranteed salary (due to him no matter how many games he wins or loses or how prematurely he is let go) is understandable but obviously his principles haven't hit the breaking point yet.

Not one person in the Media nor anyone in these forums knows what was said or wasnt said in the meeting with Ross/Ireland/TS. Nor does anyone know what was agreed upon.

So far Ross has been given a few oportunities to show what type of owner he is going to be:

1. When he opened his checkbook to sign Dansby/Marshall
2. When he knew he would need a new head coach he contacted immediately Harbaugh/Gruden/Cowher (3 best coaching options in the NFL)
3. When he decided that his priority was to keep his "guys" in place over Cowher's "guys"
4. When he saw that he was going to loose out on his #1 coaching choice, he took off immediately west and opened his wallet

So please guys layoff the Ross is treating TS bullcrap untill we find out exactly what was said or agreed upon. How about you give him the benefit of the doubt for now until we find out otherwise, up until now he has done everything in his power to improve this team with what he beleives are the best options available.
Chubbs

He says the Dolphins are doing one of the classless things he has ever seen. That it looks "awful".

Ummmm. What team does he cheer for?

Sexual harassment of a reporter
Jenn Sterger Saga
Sal Alosi
Massage Therapist Lawsuit
Foot Fetish Films

What looks worse?

He is an ***.

I hope we land Harbaugh and kick the Jets in the teeth twice next year.

idk why you guys think getting harbaugh will mean instant success for the dolphins. it could very well mean complete failure. i'b be more upset if you guys got cowher, at least we know he can be very successful in the nfl as a coach.

From what we've heard, the FO told JT to wait until after the draft, before he would be re-signed. Basically, asked to wait until we see if we have a better option coming our way. Sounds very similar to the situation now with Ross' treatment of Sparano....of course not exact, but it isn't hard to see a clear connection

I mixed up the trade with Washington with last off season.

Last off season JT was a FA so how does that compare to finding a coaches replacement while he's still the the HC of your football team.

Ross is classless!!!!! I guess when you are rich you feell like you are entitled to do whatever you want without consequence. This organization will pay for years if he pulls this off.... KARMA IS B(itch)!!!

Actually, as an NFL owner he has to follow A LOT of rules. including holding sham minority interviews like all the other teams who had a specific coach in mind and weren't actually "searching" for their next new head coach. He can't really just do whatever he wants to or buy his way around restrictions. your assessment is nonsense as is your miss cleo-esque prediction that the team will pay for years to come under the karmic "sword of justice". we call that voodoo-bull****.

idk why you guys think getting harbaugh will mean instant success for the dolphins. it could very well mean complete failure. i'b be more upset if you guys got cowher, at least we know he can be very successful in the nfl as a coach.

Shouldn't you be worried about Peyton Manning slicing through your D like a hot knife through butter instead of our coaching situation?

Any one who thinks that Jed York or Mich's Dave Brandon had no direct or intermediary conversation with Harbaugh prior to their respective firings of Singletary or RichRod are being naive. The major difference is that Ross unknowingly was the one who actually deferred until the Orange Bowl to reach out, disadvantaging himself by coming late into the conversation and having to ratchet it up accordingly.

:lol::lol: The dolphins can do no wrong. I'm sure the first time he talked to Harbaugh was at the orange Bowl:lol:

:lol::lol: The dolphins can do no wrong. I'm sure the first time he talked to Harbaugh was at the orange Bowl:lol:
see my previous post:
"Shouldn't you be worried about Peyton Manning slicing through your D like a hot knife through butter instead of our coaching situation?" oh, I'd also like to add....shouldn't you also be worrying about who gets to lotion Mrs. Ryan's feet?

Back
Top Bottom