Mike Mayock likes Tannehill over Flynn | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Mayock likes Tannehill over Flynn

KSU here. So I see plenty of BIG 12 football around these parts. And if Sherman lost one job for his qb's lack of discipline, I don't see him repeating the mistake. Tannehill is raw. A project. Nothing says his skill set and know how will translate to the NFL. But you have the people who love them some youtube and will base their opinion off of such things.

I agree, I don't want to take a 1st round risk on that kind of player. Let me get a player who can make an easy transition into the NFL.

Flynn is a no brainer. Nice deep ball touch, quick release, looks down the field for large chunks of yards, mobile. He's not the biggest, nor has a cannon, but he can go toe to toe with Tom Brady and already has. Plus Tom Brady is on the downward trend to his career, towards the direction to where Flynn will be at. Flynn is already more developed than skippy toed Sanchez in the pocket.

Flynn may never reach superstar status as a Qb, but there's no doubt he can be Top 10 caliber and with right bounces/breaks in the playoffs, we can win the Super Bowl. The margin for error won't be as great, but we'll at least have a margin. Something this team hasn't had since Marino....

You're joking, right?

And then when Earl Thomas had an awesome year what did you think?

He's still not on Eric Berry's level. Everyone knew he would be a good player but to put him above Berry is just stupid.

And then when Earl Thomas had an awesome year what did you think?

I still thought Eric Berry was better.

Never did I say that Earl Thomas would or is a flop.

Not sure why you tried to shove that in my mouth, but Eric Berry was better in college and he's better in the NFL.

Period.

I've tried explaining this to the Tannehill Fanboys, but all are enamored with his youtube highlights. There is a reason Sherman lost his job. And it was because he put a WR at QB in a year they thought big things were gonna happen at A@M. Not only did he fold in those games, he literally threw them. In the second half of those 'big' games, he folded and cost his team.

The guy is raw. Last year it was Ponder, this year it will be Tannehill. Teams that reach for projects.....at QB, lose.
And I've tried explaining to the Tannehill detractors that Mike Sherman's firing had more to do with one winning season out of five than one season of starting Ryan Tannehill. Tannehill is the guy you take if you realy want to see if Matt Moore can handle being a full time starter because he needs time.

does joe philbin wants to wait a couple years to see if mike mayock is maybe right, or try to start winning as soon as possible?

{btw, right off the bat Jackson writes the NFL didn't think much of Flynn (7th Rd); if memory serves... the NFL didn't much care for Brady either (6th Rd)}
i love when people compare every 6th, 7th rd pick to brady.

do you realize that what happened to the pats with brady is was like winning the powerball when it was at its highest? it is so astronomically rare, it just does not happen. that is arguably a once in a lifetime thing, a 6th rd, 199th overall draft pick turning into a first ballot hall of famer. it does not happen.

go look at everyone player drafted in the 6th rd and higher in the past 10 drafts, specifcailly qbs, and see how many of them have been elite.

i know in general guys like warner who was a bag boy in a shopping market become a success story, romo has been good, but overall, most people drafted in those rounds end up out of the league or irrelevant quickly.

also, flynn has a terrible arm, the guy has 1 great game and now he should be handed a starting job without competing. got to love this game.

I do not think Flynn has a terrible arm. Flynn would be more useful to this team short term than Tannehill. Tannehill has a lot to prove just to get to the level where Moore and Flynn are currently at.
Neither Flynn or Moore are in the same class as Tom Brady, the Manning Bros, Brees, Rivers, or Rapesberger.
We are still looking for that guy.
Maybe next year we will find the elite guy..

I can't believe Tannehill is above Weeden and I don't think it's just Mayock, Tannehill at this point seems like he will go ahead of Weeden.

I still thought Eric Berry was better.

Never did I say that Earl Thomas would or is a flop.

Not sure why you tried to shove that in my mouth, but Eric Berry was better in college and he's better in the NFL.

Period.

Kind of hard to be better when he's not playing.

:lol:

I'm trolling.

The more I think about it, the more I see us trading down and taking Tannehill. But Skins are also on the radar and there is this talk about his stock rising and we all saw what happened last year.

Kid definitely has some more skillin to do. Has the tools and character. Needs coaching up and sit for a year. Its gonna be interesting this offseason.

if we were to trade down, we first have to see where RG3 goes. if he goes to #2 like if wash traded up then clev might look at a qb with their second 1st rd pick which means we would have to move down but still be ahead of clev's 2nd pick in the first rd.

Eric Berry is an absolute beast, in college and in the NFL. Can't wait to see what he can do this year.

Mayock is crazy to have rated him higher in the draft or rate him higher now. GTFO MAYOCK!

Jesus. You make it sound as if he rated Gibril Wilson higher than Berry. If you look at their rookie stats they're very similar. Who's better is a matter of opinion and the difference isn't what you are trying to make it

Jesus. You make it sound as if he rated Gibril Wilson higher than Berry. If you look at their rookie stats they're very similar. Who's better is a matter of opinion and the difference isn't what you are trying to make it

Stats lol.

Watch games, man. Watch how offenses change their gameplan and attack downfield because of one guy.

Everyone think that if a guy has a lot of interceptions he's a monster. In a way, yes. But most of the time it's because the offense doesn't respect the defender and the defender made them pay. Eric Berry's interceptions dropped off in college and this is why. Teams stopped throwing to his side of the field. Offenses developed ways to take Berry out of plays downfield the best they could.

That isn't showing up in your little box scores.

I saw Tannehill a lot last year, I admit I'm not great talent spotter, but I have to say not once could I see what all the hype was about with him. His performances to me ranged from bad to terribad.

Back
Top Bottom