Mike McDaniel | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike McDaniel

I don't see previous college or pro football playing experience for Mike McDaniel.

The last time we hired a "genius" without playing experience was Gase, and I had serious PTSD over that.

Canada is my choice.

And I’ll make the same point again that I made before and after Miami hired Flores. I would have hired a head coach that was from the offensive side of the ball because that is the unit that needs the most continuity to have sustained success. If the head coach has his offensive philosophy set, it doesn’t matter much if he loses his offensive coordinator to another team. Flores is already on his third offensive coordinator in three years.

I get the point of sustained but what’s carrying that Rams team right now and what they gonna hitch their wagon to for the rest of their playoff run?

we both know that answer and we both know they should

that ain’t no scheme doing the driving defense either

Wait till he gets a head coaching job...and why hasn't it happened yet,then..

I already have a reason why. You just don't like it.

He doesn't call plays, design or scheme a game plan. The Master Architect does. Making Bienemy a glorified teachers assistant.

Ya but without KC having Mahomes and that passing game they wouldn't even make the playoffs. Big plays happen because of the passing game. The Titans have Derrick Henry and what happened to them last week? He gets shut down and they lost because they struggled to pass the ball. Tannehill threw for only 165 yards and 1 TD. Why did the Ravens lose in the first round the last two years before this year? Maybe because Lamar Jackson struggled to throw the ball. A strong running game will only take you so far. A strong passing game is what can take you over the top.

KC last 5 games last year, they averaged over 100 yards rushing per game. The first time all season the Chiefs did so.

Tennessee is a PA heavy run offense. With a game manager for a QB. Who has never carried a team. A balanced attack will always cause more problems then being pass happy and I don't care what decade that is in.

KC last 5 games last year, they averaged over 100 yards rushing per game. The first time all season the Chiefs did so.

Tennessee is a PA heavy run offense. With a game manager for a QB. Who has never carried a team. A balanced attack will always cause more problems then being pass happy and I don't care what decade that is in.
And you think KC came back from way behind in both playoff games last year because they run the ball well? I don't think so. It was their passing game that allowed them to come back against the Texans and Titans to win those games. The bottom line is you can have a dominate running game but if you can't pass the ball very well then you are screwed. Just asked the 2018 and 2019 Ravens.

Last edited:
And you think KC came back from way behind in both playoff games last year because they run the ball well? I don't think so. It was their passing game that allowed them to come back against the Texans and Titans to win those games. The bottom line is you can have a dominate running game but if you can't pass the ball very well then you are screwed. Just asked the 2018 and 2019 Ravens.
I don't understand why this is still even a topic of discussion. History shows you need balance in your offense. Yes, if you are a run heavy offense but don't pass well, you will have problems against playoff defenses. Yes, if you are a pass heavy offense, but don't run well, you will have problems against playoff defenses.

The challenge becomes do we have the horses upfront to run zone? We have maulers and not guys fleet of foot.
Well said. Run block and pass block are two entirely different things.

People don't realize, run block is more about physical ability, you see the guy in front of you, you fire off, push him backward and keep him their. Pass block is more about techniques and adjustment, you need to have quick feet, set up the correct angle, and recognize the stunt/blitz and able to adjust in split second.

Man you just don't get it.

A balanced offense is needed more than run when you have to type of ball.

Especially in January. If you are unable to run the ball, you get embarrassed. Again I point to GB and their failures over the years relying on a right arm. Kinda like Miami did for the majority of Marinos career.

And yes, KC with Mahomes breaking the pocket and Williams and Reid sticking to what works....got them 100+ yards the last 5 games of the season. And every last yard was needed in concerns to those comebacks.

If my friends in KCK/MO can acknowledge this, and actually grew into D Williams fans last year....why can't you?

Man you just don't get it.

A balanced offense is needed more than run when you have to type of ball.

Especially in January. If you are unable to run the ball, you get embarrassed. Again I point to GB and their failures over the years relying on a right arm. Kinda like Miami did for the majority of Marinos career.

And yes, KC with Mahomes breaking the pocket and Williams and Reid sticking to what works....got them 100+ yards the last 5 games of the season. And every last yard was needed in concerns to those comebacks.

If my friends in KCK/MO can acknowledge this, and actually grew into D Williams fans last year....why can't you?
I don't think anybody argues that balance isn't required, but your original post made it sound like Kansas City won the Super Bowl on the back of their running game, as opposed to just meaning that they got that far because they finally had both.

KC made there run last year by leaning on Williams. Then drafting Helaire.

The running game gets you into January, no run game ala GB and you get humiliated on national TV.
Not so black and white. You must need a danger passing attack to win SB, but you dont need a top ten running game. You need an adequate running to keep the defense honest.

So when you said 'no run game', you try to make it black and white.
Of cause, you cannot go far with a bottom ten running. But you don't need a top ten running game as long as you have a good passing attack.

I don't think anybody argues that balance isn't required, but your original post made it sound like Kansas City won the Super Bowl on the back of their running game, as opposed to just meaning that they got that far because they finally had both.

Their scheme, QB and yes running game, which became more consistent in December/January drove that SB run. It was also the first time all year they put together 5 straight games of 100+ yards rushing.

Not so black and white. You must need a danger passing attack to win SB, but you dont need a top ten running game. You need an adequate running to keep the defense honest.

So when you said 'no run game', you try to make it black and white.
Of cause, you cannot go far with a bottom ten running. But you don't need a top ten running game as long as you have a good passing attack.

Actually it is. I point to GB as example 1. In the same year I then point to KC and the emergence of their run game. One was embarrassed the other won the SB.

Their scheme, QB and yes running game, which became more consistent in December/January drove that SB run. It was also the first time all year they put together 5 straight games of 100+ yards rushing.
The run game gets quite a bit easier when you have Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, and Patrick Mahomes.

Yes, balance is important. Especially as the calendar turns. But let’s not act like KC has committed a great deal of resources into that rushing attack. Their RB was Damien Williams and their OL isn’t a bunch of 1st round picks.

They pass to set up the run

Back
Top Bottom