Mike Shanahan Interviewing Tuesday | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Shanahan Interviewing Tuesday

Darlington seems to think Hue Jackson would be the best fit. Seems to think Tannenbaum can keep him under control.

yea, he did a stunning job with Rex Ryan

To that end, I still think, after this dog and pony show, Mangini is waiting in the wings biding his time.

part of me thinks this should happen. If we really must allow Tannenbaum his little puppets and his power trip maybe we should just go all the way with it and let him fail hard and fast and get it over with

whoever it is I'd expect him to be very desperate to agree to these terms
New coach will have to be desperate to be a HC in the league to sign on in Miami right now. I think that's a safe assumption. Jackson has other suitors so if he gets an offer from the Eagles he'd probably take that instead of the Dolphins. We may be down to Todd Haley, Mike Smith, Anthony Lynn and possibly Doug Marrone as our choices.

New coach will have to be desperate to be a HC in the league to sign on in Miami right now. I think that's a safe assumption. Jackson has other suitors so if he gets an offer from the Eagles he'd probably take that instead of the Dolphins. We may be down to Todd Haley, Mike Smith, Anthony Lynn and possibly Doug Marrone as our choices.

:puke:

To that end, I still think, after this dog and pony show, Mangini is waiting in the wings biding his time.

Said this before, but I dont think there's any way Mangini happens.
Gonna be REAL hard trying to sell to fans and ticket-purchasers a failed HC and DC from a bottom 3 team who isn't even getting interviews, when many other better candidates are out and about. Totally uninspiring hire, and would doom T-Baum's tenure form the get-go.

Well its not like the Browns and Eagles owners are anything to write home about, I guess they may give a HC more power though.

Still a fair number of candidates out their versus job openings so will see..

Well its not like the Browns and Eagles owners are anything to write home about, I guess they may give a HC more power though.

Still a fair number of candidates out their versus job openings so will see..

the eagles team is much better than ours imo

While Tannenbaum MIGHT be looking for someone he can control, which I am highly skeptical of, he has also put the entire success of the organization in his own lap. I'm sure he has told Ross, "trust me and I will fix this mess." If this coaching hire fails he will be the one, and the only one, everyone points their finger at--especially Ross. If he fails to do what he is saying then he will most certainly kill his own career. For that reason I highly doubt he will only look at puppets he can control. Not buying that at all. Successful head coaches are ALL big ego guys, name one who isn't, and they will all run away from this opportunity if they think this is the case. Plus, if he is willing to give some of these coaches more control over the draft and FA, which he has already suggested, then he is also insulating himself if things go wrong. He needs a CYA. Ross also has a lot of input in this decision too and if, as reported, he has already met privately with Shanahan and Coughlin's agent, then it is clear Ross is leaning heavily to a big name, experienced coach. From that reasoning, I think it's highly likely that we can eliminate every candidate who has never coached before, which leaves Shanahan, Payton, Coughlin, Jackson, Smith, Mangini, McDaniels (might be missing a couple) and the guys who coached in college, like Shula or a guy like Urban Meyer. IMHO they will not hire another inexperienced coordinator, with the only exception being Dan Campbell. I can see a couple scenarios where they might keep him, but highly doubtful right now. At the end of the day it's still Ross's decision, but I'm still guessing it will be Mike Shanahan. Watch what they do not what they say.

the eagles team is much better than ours imo

Then they'd have blown us out when we played.

Fix the guard situation and the back 7 on defense and we can field a team, at least on paper, that can at least look like they belong in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom