Mike Shanahan Interviewing Tuesday | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Shanahan Interviewing Tuesday

I have been screaming for Shanahan all over this board since the day Philbin was canned. Make it ****ing happen!!!!!'

Mike Shannahan is probably the most legitimate coach on our list. There are several problems I see, but his problems are more easily solved than "inexperience" in other coaches.

And honestly, he is probably the best fit for Tannehill's skill set.

I worry about the RGIII situation. Will we ever know the truth? Was it Mike, Kyle or Snyder that caused the mishandling of RGIII? If it was Kyle or Mike, then pass. We cannot have this type of decision making repeating itself. RGIII paid the price for someone's ego and without the truth, I am skeptical.

Can Shannahan work with TBaum? You would think if TBaum hires him, the answer is yes. If Mike doesn't want full control, we are half way there. And let's face it, we've already hired a GM. And TBaum listening to his coach's needs instead of his own wants is the second half of the problem.

As hoops pointed out above, Mike's long term plans and desires really cement the decision.

Ultimately, this doesn't feel right. Mike Shannahan giving up control and authority to work with an organization with a history of power struggles and FO / HC clashes..... I just don't see this marriage. Not to mention I simply don't see the connection between Shannahan and Tannenbaum. I see no reason for these 2 to be loyal to one another. This lack of relationship history seems to spell more trouble than anything on the horizon.

Regardless... I just want the right coach and the right staff to get my team back to winning and pride.

The big question to a Mike Shanahan regime is the DC. Who are they going to bring in.

I wonder if the Mike Smith HC interview is really to gauge his interest to be a DC in a Shanahan regime

He's the type of coach you need right now for this franchise....a considerable amount of experience and a lot of connections to fill out his staff and would have a clear understand of the direction he wanted to take his team.

As I have been saying for weeks and maybe months, MS is the right candidate for Miami at this time. He didn't all of a sudden become stupid about football, in fact he started as an o-coordinator and has always been an offensive innovator with his ZB scheme. He has coached numerous all pro players and especially RBs. He always had a good D. The fact that he has interviewed already, with the second being tomorrow, shows he is our top candidate. I'm guessing he made certain demands in the first interview that Tannenbaum had to agree to in order to get to the next step--the first being no meddling owner and some control over staff, FA and the draft. I think he is our guy unless we F it up. Like some others have said on here, we are not the most attractive landing spot for most of these hot coaches, but I'm done with the learning on the job candidates anyway. We have a lot to be excited about if MS is announced as our next coach. Lets go Phins!

I just don't see why he'd come here with tannebaum and chris grier as the rest of the power structure...doesn't make any sense to me

I think he knows his days of requesting power are over . Unless he wants to go to Cleveland or something like that . He's not a young pup anymore . He needs to dive in head first into a decent situation whenever he can . If he wants to coach again that is .

I don't like the rule. Though you could argue that any minority that doesn't get hired just may not have been the right man for the job too.

That was the argument they used before the Rooney Rule was implemented.

As I have been saying for weeks and maybe months, MS is the right candidate for Miami at this time. He didn't all of a sudden become stupid about football, in fact he started as ann o coordinator and has always been an offensive innovator with his ZB scheme, He has coached numerous all pro players and especially RBs. He always had a good D. The fact that he has interviewed already, with the second being tomorrow, shows he is our top candidate. I'm guessing he made certain demands in the first interview that Tannenbaum had to agree to in oder to get to the next step--the first being no meddling owner and some control over staff, FA and the draft. I think he is our guy unless we F it up. Like some others have said on here, we are not the most attractive landing spot for most of these hot coaches, but I'm done with the learning on the job candidates anyway. We have a lot to be excited about if MS is announced as our next coach. Lets go Phins!
This could be the reason they let Hickey go, because Mike wants full control of the draft. Makes perfect sense..

Mike Shannahan is probably the most legitimate coach on our list. There are several problems I see, but his problems are more easily solved than "inexperience" in other coaches.

And honestly, he is probably the best fit for Tannehill's skill set.

I worry about the RGIII situation. Will we ever know the truth? Was it Mike, Kyle or Snyder that caused the mishandling of RGIII? If it was Kyle or Mike, then pass. We cannot have this type of decision making repeating itself. RGIII paid the price for someone's ego and without the truth, I am skeptical.

Can Shannahan work with TBaum? You would think if TBaum hires him, the answer is yes. If Mike doesn't want full control, we are half way there. And let's face it, we've already hired a GM. And TBaum listening to his coach's needs instead of his own wants is the second half of the problem.

As hoops pointed out above, Mike's long term plans and desires really cement the decision.

Ultimately, this doesn't feel right. Mike Shannahan giving up control and authority to work with an organization with a history of power struggles and FO / HC clashes..... I just don't see this marriage. Not to mention I simply don't see the connection between Shannahan and Tannenbaum. I see no reason for these 2 to be loyal to one another. This lack of relationship history seems to spell more trouble than anything on the horizon.

Regardless... I just want the right coach and the right staff to get my team back to winning and pride.

well let me ask you this what exactly was the mishandling of rg3? he can't play a pocket progression game which means you HAVE TO play him to contact essentially...if mike didn't want him and had him jammed on him by the owner I don't see how the rg3 failure should warrant any concern at all

they even tried the year after rg3 got hurt to make him a pocket progression qb and he couldn't do it...cause his game will always be to contact and in the pros that size means little shelf life...the only thing that kept it from going under before it did was rg3s quick to top end speed acceleration from a stand still position which fueled the read option extensive use they had and the pistol

once he no longer had that acceleration his game to contact and unable to read the field meant he was toast...

the only thing I don't want to see if shanahan comes here is playing tannehill to contact and I seriously doubt that's what he would do...he'd rely on the pocket progression with some athletic things sprinkled in...he better at least

I don't think Shanahan needs complete control, leave the draft to Grier and the scouting department. Give them your input and needs. Give him authority over everything else roster related.

I want Shanahan to have control of the 53 man roster so that the players know the buck stops with the head guy. This team needs that right now.

Amazing article about Shanahan and his ZBS success.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1700461-how-does-mike-shanahan-always-churn-out-rb-success

1,000 Yard Rushers During Mike Shanahan’s Tenure

Mike Anderson – 2000, 2005 – 6th Round Draft Pick
Tatum Bell – 2006 – 2nd Round Draft Pick
Terrell Davis – 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 – 6th Round Draft Pick
Olandis Gary – 1999 – 4th Round Pick
Clinton Portis – 2002, 2003 – 2nd Round Draft Pick
Rueben Droughns – 2004 – Free Agent
Alfred Morris- 2012- drafted 173rd

I like it. I understand that getting an up and comer is the best thing for the franchise but lots of up and comers have failed. Quite frankly we've tried 2 here ourselves and they both failed. I say lets get an established coach in here with a proven winning offensive system and start building the defense.

Back
Top Bottom