Mike Sherman vs. Jeff Ireland: If you could only get rid of one, who would it be? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Sherman vs. Jeff Ireland: If you could only get rid of one, who would it be?

Who do you want gone more?

• Mike Sherman

Votes: 70 43.5%
  • Jeff Ireland

Votes: 91 56.5%

• Total voters
Mike Sherman and it's not even close. The talent on this team is evident, that's Ireland's responsibility. People have baseless expectations of draft classes and evaluation, it would be nice if some people looked around the league. Ireland isn't perfect by any stretch, he has made some boneheaded signings but if you ask me at the end of the season, who should we keep Sherman, Ireland or Philbin I wouldn't think twice about saying Ireland. It is on the coaching staff that they cannot get anything out of these players, this team has the talent level, to be as far as I'm concerned 7-4 safely but the coaches have blown it. The play calling, the scheme the approach is just all backwards and it's showing. The biggest issue we have is a disconnect between our GM and coach, they don't see players on the same page so the best fits aren't being drafted so the best coaching isn't being done with them. We realistically need to start fresh as far as coaching and FO go, but we need to keep this core intact and we need to bring a guy in who believes in Tannehill (who won't be hard to find). I would fire Philbin and Sherman for their performance, I would fire Ireland for his reputation and need for the new GM and coach to see eye to eye.

My thoughts exactly

Blame Ireland all you want. But, he's brought us more than enough talent to EASILY be 3 games better than our current records indicates. Unfortunately, Sherman hasn't been competent enough to use that talent to get us those 3 wins.

What I find funny is the following. Imagine the 8-3 Dolphins right now! Would anyone be talking about J.Ireland? If so, I doubt it would be related to firing him.

Calling it as I see it.

Im going from 75% sherman 25% Ireland to 100% sherman.

Philbin and Sherman failed this offense. Especially on the OL where Philbin runs a zone blocking scheme but doesnt have the players to fit the scheme, and then when its not working doesnt make the necessary adjustments. Neither knows what players they have on offense and have been trying to fit square pegs into round holes all season long.

Sherman is less horrendous at his job than Ireland.

Take that as a vote of confidence in your play calling, Mike.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Mike you are behind in this poll as well.

It's a no brainer. Ireland

Yup.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Blame Ireland all you want. But, he's brought us more than enough talent to EASILY be 3 games better than our current records indicates. Unfortunately, Sherman hasn't been competent enough to use that talent to get us those 3 wins.

What I find funny is the following. Imagine the 8-3 Dolphins right now! Would anyone be talking about J.Ireland? If so, I doubt it would be related to firing him.

Calling it as I see it.

Defending mediocrity must be tiring no?

Ireland by a landslide. He is in over his head, clearly.

I would get rid of Sherman over Ireland. This teams horrendous offense in second halves is all on sherman

10000000% fireland. A competent GM would get rid of Sherman one way or the other. I can't believe anyone thinks that there is much talent on this team. Where? DL maybe, every other area is below average and no depth. Oh, Fields is awesome! I forgot our MVP

Ireland needs to go back to Ireland or wherever the hell he came from. He has destroyed this franchise.

We get rid of Sherman. With a different OC we are easily 9-2, maybe even 10-1. We should of beaten the Pats, Panthers, Bills and Ravens. Hell even the Bucs.

Back
Top Bottom