Mike Sherman vs. Jeff Ireland: If you could only get rid of one, who would it be? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Sherman vs. Jeff Ireland: If you could only get rid of one, who would it be?

Who do you want gone more?

• Mike Sherman

Votes: 70 43.5%
  • Jeff Ireland

Votes: 91 56.5%

• Total voters
No kidding he calls plays,tell me which of the last five games did you like Shermans half time adjustments for play calling.Take Ireland away and keep Sherman and it's basically like we've done nothing.Sherman IMO hasn't shown one bit of flexibility in adapting to players and really scared any team on defense.

No one is saying we want to keep Ireland,what a lot of us who would choose Sherman are saying it could make an instant change.Getting rid of Ireland wont show up for 2-3 years.

I like Shemans plays more than Ireland's talent. Our OL RBs are the worst with average QB WR and TEs. What OC is going to be successful? Who cares if we win 2 more games, we are never going to contend with Ireland drafting and choosing FAs. He has had more than enough time and has proven he is incompetent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ireland, easily. People are ALWAYS quick to bash the OC first when things aren't working perfectly. Give Sherman an elite quarterback and watch his play calls suddenly look brilliant. But you can't give Sherman elite talent, because Ireland is still the GM.

Sherman has enough talent to be able to question his play calling.

Sherman has enough talent to be able to question his play calling.

What talent? He may suck, but Ireland gave him little to work with. To throw it deep u have to have blocking. To run u have to block and have a decent RB. TE is avg at best. QB is inconsistent and seems to lack awareness.

Sherman is struggling,I'd love to see Sherman turn it around in the next 5 games.I think Ireland has been around long enough a change of scenery is fine with me but my vote currently is Sherman.

They both are terrible. Edge goes to Ireland for his consistency. Consistently bad that is.

What talent? He may suck, but Ireland gave him little to work with. To throw it deep u have to have blocking. To run u have to block and have a decent RB. TE is avg at best. QB is inconsistent and seems to lack awareness.

What talent? How about Tannehill, Wallae, Hartline, Gibson, Keller (injured blame Ireland), Clay. Yes we could use some help with the RB but maybe Philbin and Sherman told Ireland that Miller and Thomas are quite capable of doing the job. Hartline with the Pats would put insane numbers. Wallace is playing **** right now because our amazing OC can't use him.

I think sherman is a no brainer. And I actually wanted to fire Ireland, and hire him as HC when we got rid of Sparano.

Ireland. Easily Ireland. No doubt about it: Ireland would need to be fired over...well, anyone else.

Given enough talent, even an incompetent coach can look decent. Why? Because those players can make something happen even on broken plays. The reverse isnt true. In today's NFL, if you dont have enough good players, you will never win a Superbowl. Not to mention the fact that Ireland has been destroying this franchise for 5 years while Sherman is in his second season of futility. If retribution is the name of the game, then it should be directed at the guy who's done the most damage.

And please people, make these polls public.

Thats the issue though, it doesn't have to be one. This seems to be the thoughts of the owner or past owner though. Stop mixing and matching, clean house or keep it

Every bad mix we've had over the past decade+ has been mixed at some point

The fact that this question can be asked is proof enough that both need to be replaced....and take the son-in-law with you guys.
I like the tight ends coach.....That's about it,though.

What talent? How about Tannehill, Wallae, Hartline, Gibson, Keller (injured blame Ireland), Clay. Yes we could use some help with the RB but maybe Philbin and Sherman told Ireland that Miller and Thomas are quite capable of doing the job. Hartline with the Pats would put insane numbers. Wallace is playing **** right now because our amazing OC can't use him.

Yes, those are names of people on our football team. Once you factor in the OL (which you ignored, for some reason...wonder what that could be?), where does the offense rank in talent out of the 32 teams?

If you say anything other than somewhere in the 20s....you're wrong.

Yes, those are names of people on our football team. Once you factor in the OL (which you ignored, for some reason...wonder what that could be?), where does the offense rank in talent out of the 32 teams?

If you say anything other than somewhere in the 20s....you're wrong.

Mike Pouncey, Tyson Clabo (Probowler and one of the better RT in the last few years). We needed O-line help and he brought in Mckinnie. The coaching staff needs to leave before Ireland. He is bringing in talent but it's up to the coaches to develop them. With a better OC we are 10-1,9-2 easily.

Mike Pouncey, Tyson Clabo (Probowler and one of the better RT in the last few years). We needed O-line help and he brought in Mckinnie. The coaching staff needs to leave before Ireland. He is bringing in talent but it's up to the coaches to develop them. With a better OC we are 10-1,9-2 easily.

Pouncey was drafted way too high, has character issues and may be facing legal issues. Clabo wasn't retained by the Falcons for a reason, which we are seeing why. McKinnie was a desperation move picked up off the scrapheap after losing his job on his previous team. His ineptitude created a crisis and you give him credit for getting McKinnie? Jerry is meh. So the line Ireland has spent the last 6 years and multimillions of dollars building MAY need to be completely replaced, down to a man next year. If that work satisfies you from our GM, I don't know what to say. The OC MAY be a problem, but he isn't close to the biggest problem.

Back
Top Bottom