Mike Sherman vs. Jeff Ireland: If you could only get rid of one, who would it be? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Sherman vs. Jeff Ireland: If you could only get rid of one, who would it be?

Who do you want gone more?

• Mike Sherman

Votes: 70 43.5%
  • Jeff Ireland

Votes: 91 56.5%

• Total voters
I voted against Sherman, because he's the immediate problem. If your goal is to keep Tannehill, then he needs to be developed and Sherman is ruining him. If your goal is a dynamic offense, then Sherman's not doing that either, because he runs a predictible offense. If your desire is to run the ball more so we can be balanced, you can again point to Sherman/Philbin because they got rid of the only FB we had on the roster and during most of the season seemed to focus on a short passing game with not much else (run/deep ball).

If you get rid of Ireland, then the dominos start to fall and Philbin and Sherman are both likely gone.....which is probably a good thing. Nothing against them personally, but they are all average to below average, and that's putting it kindly.

You have to kill a zombie (Phins organization) with a head shot, chopping off a appendage wont work. Sherman is just an arm.

This poll should be 100%. Who on earth thinks Ireland has done even an adequate job. No elite talent, no depth, no wins. Stockholm syndrome or something.

Unbelievable to me that 40% of people would consider keeping Fireland under any circumstance. His dismissal should be everyones #1 off season priority.

We get rid of Sherman. With a different OC we are easily 9-2, maybe even 10-1. We should of beaten the Pats, Panthers, Bills and Ravens. Hell even the Bucs.

Everyone seems to want to dismiss this. It's clear as day with the Talent this team currently has or had before some injuries we were COACHING away from having the record you've mention. J.Ireland may deserve to go for other reason, But it was absolutely not his fault even with the holes, mostly on O-line that we don't have a better record.

Further, Folks act like J.Ireland locks himself in a room and comes out with players he's going to sign and completely dismisses any strong input from the other coaches. YES, the buck stops with him, but lets not act like most of these decision aren't strongly influence by what this other coaches recommend.

Now, having seen Sherman and the O-line and Head coaches work. Does anyone really believe the players we brought in at their respective positions weren't on their wishlist?

Wow i clicked back and forth ...this was actually pretty tough bc I wouldn't mind BOTH being gone lol

I went with Sherman.

But that's like asking who'd you'd rather sleep with....Queen Latifah or Roseanne?

Wow i clicked back and forth ...this was actually pretty tough bc I wouldn't mind BOTH being gone lol

I went with Sherman.

But that's like asking who'd you'd rather sleep with....Queen Latifah or Roseanne?

You do know that she's not really a Queen.

I think Jeff Ireland as general manager has been an excellent scout.
His job handling personnel and finding talent in free agency is a shame.
His personality is too rude, so many times he has shown incapable of being polite or at least decent.
Our team deserves better.

On Mike Sherman, I think there's a lot of room to grow. But having to work with the weakest OL in the league and without blocking elements at TE and RB, his job could be part of the next mission: impossible movie. Remember Sherman would have selected a LT instead of Jordan in the draft and Egnew & Thomas would be out of the team according to Sherman. Also Martin & Pouncey were Jeff's picks and Incognito was signed by GM not OC. All of that was result of Ireland's decisions, not Sherman's.

How can anyone go with Sherman. Sure he sucks, but he doesn't suck any worse than Ireland. Ireland has WAY more influence over the health of this organization than an assistant coach. It just unbelievable that this man has any support from anyone. His drafts suck, his teams sucks, most of his FAs suck and he is a major Ahole. Sherman calls plays.

How can anyone go with Sherman. Sure he sucks, but he doesn't suck any worse than Ireland. Ireland has WAY more influence over the health of this organization than an assistant coach. It just unbelievable that this man has any support from anyone. His drafts suck, his teams sucks, most of his FAs suck and he is a major Ahole. Sherman calls plays.

No kidding he calls plays,tell me which of the last five games did you like Shermans half time adjustments for play calling.Take Ireland away and keep Sherman and it's basically like we've done nothing.Sherman IMO hasn't shown one bit of flexibility in adapting to players and really scared any team on defense.

No one is saying we want to keep Ireland,what a lot of us who would choose Sherman are saying it could make an instant change.Getting rid of Ireland wont show up for 2-3 years.

Back
Top Bottom