Mike Tannenbaum Reassigned / Fired Mega Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Tannenbaum Reassigned / Fired Mega Thread

Drafting hasn't been the issue. Charles Harris is a glaring mistake but Xavien Howard is a glaring hit.

Tunsil, Fitzpatrick, Baker, Drake, Grant and the best corner in the NFL lead me to believe scouting isn't the problem.

I've been saying for the last several weeks that for this team to have been 7-9 when it should've been 4-12 means someone was doing something right. I always suspected it was Grier.

Make no mistake about it, Tannebaum being re-assigned is the same thing as being fired in the football hierarchy. I think fans believed he had more influence then he did anyway.

I’m actually ok with Rex. He has taken a step back from the game for a few years. I’m sure that he will make Miami a more physical team. Plus, he is going to want revenge against the AFC East. He did lead the Jets to the playoffs and beat Brady. As long as he brings in a good PC.

I don't love it...but it could certainly be worse. I do want a mental toughness brought back to this team. Harbaugh obviously would be my first choice, but I don't see it happening. Rex could be worth a shot with the right staff around him.

IMO this SCREAMS that the Dolphins already have their coaching list down to a few people, headlined by john harbaugh.

Why bring in a new front office piece when the owner and the current one already agree on a vision?

They are gonna go after john harbaugh, and if it doesn't work they have a short list of candidates that I'm sure they have confidence in attaining
agree on a VISION? What the F vision is it?

What a complete joke. Does Ross actually think for a second he can get John Harbaugh to work within this dysfunction?

Why the **** would Harbaugh
IMO this SCREAMS that the Dolphins already have their coaching list down to a few people, headlined by john harbaugh.

Why bring in a new front office piece when the owner and the current one already agree on a vision?

They are gonna go after john harbaugh, and if it doesn't work they have a short list of candidates that I'm sure they have confidence in attaining

Why the hell would Harbaugh come to this dysfunction? The former VP of football operations is still here as a “special assistant” and still in the owner’s ear probably always angling for more power. No same organization functions like this and no genuinely strong candidate will want to be part of it.

Calling it now: Dan Campbell will be next HC and he will fail like all the rest because this franchise is a dysfunctional mess from the top. We won’t see a winner here until Ross is in the dirt.

agree on a VISION? What the F vision is it?

What a complete joke. Does Ross actually think for a second he can get John Harbaugh to work within this dysfunction?

Vision appears to be that Grier is the FO guy that reports to Ross, and they agree on head coaching candidates

No third party in the power structure now

Why would Ross dump Grier to find someone to fit that same mold

Lol. You had to know this was happening. Ross is and always has been the problem here. I don’t know why so many believe Tannenbaum will have no say now. My bet is, he has the most important say of all and will likely be renamed consultant, advisor or liaison to the owner.

In truth, Harbaugh isn’t coming in to this organization now. My guess is Rex Ryan is the new target, and he would love this scenario. What a joke, and yet so predictable.

Lol. You had to know this was happening. Ross is and always has been the problem here. I don’t know why so many believe Tannenbaum will have no say now. My bet is, he has the most important say of all and will likely be renamed consultant, advisor or liaison to the owner.

In truth, Harbaugh isn’t coming in to this organization now. My guess is Rex Ryan is the new target, and he would love this scenario. What a joke, and yet so predictable.

Why the **** would Harbaugh

Why the hell would Harbaugh come to this dysfunction? The former VP of football operations is still here as a “special assistant” and still in the owner’s ear probably always angling for more power. No same organization functions like this and no genuinely strong candidate will want to be part of it.

Calling it now: Dan Campbell will be next HC and he will fail like all the rest because this franchise is a dysfunctional mess from the top. We won’t see a winner here until Ross is in the dirt.

If you're a confident man who believes in yourself and the job you can do, then you will walk into a mess and feel a sense of accomplishment when you fix it. The reason Harbaugh supposedly wants out of Baltimore is that there is a lot of friction between him, the front office, and the ownership. Kind of like what happened with Gase here. I think the feeling (mutually) would probably be that since Ross loves the Harbaughs so much, they would be able to avoid that sort of thing.

Grier is respected around the league so I don’t mind giving the guy a shot. He could impress, who knows? I knew Tannenbaum would suck, I knew Tannehill would fail, and I knew we’d probably be .500 at best this year. I don’t exactly wear rose glasses, and Grier as GM does not upset me too much.

Rex Ryan as coach? That’s a whole different story.

tannenbaum has been out of the loop since guru coach took control

I like the move to get tbaum out of football leadership and put Grier in charge. Not popular but i think Grier knows what he's doing when it comes to football personnel.

Would i rather see tbaum gone? Yes, but if hes in charge of vending or some **** ill live.

Back
Top Bottom