Mike Tannenbaum Reassigned / Fired Mega Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Tannenbaum Reassigned / Fired Mega Thread

I'm pleasantly surprised he's being reassigned, but, knowing Ross, this could still wind up with Tannenbaum someone still being involved in a crucial way that mucks everything up.

Honestly, they need to get rid of Grier, too. Clean sweep. Start fresh. Get a President, a GM and a coach who can work well together, who have a plan, have a vision and don't deviate from it if things seem to be coming together a little faster than expected (that's how you end up drafting Pat White in the second round) or panic and try to switch horses midstream if things are taking a little longer than expected.

This organization has a lot of dead weight. Even some of the things that seem to be holding it together might actually be fool's gold -- it looks good enough in comparison to the drek it's been working with that we're slow to move away from it to make bigger gains.

Fyi Joe Schad just said Tannebaum is no longer in football operations.[/QUOTE]
Some of you guys are miserable human beings. We should rejoice in the fact that Gase is gone, and no more Wide 9 defense.

What makes you so sure the wide 9 defense is gone? This is the problem with these stupid half measures. Grier is the guy who has been drafting these guys as a scheme fit for the wide 9. If they flame out in a new scheme who do you think will get blamed for picking bad players? Grier has a vested interest in seeing the guys he has previously drafted succeed so why are you so sure the new coach won't be urged to keep a similar defensive scheme in place to fit the current players? This is exactly why the right thing to do was to clean house with everyone.

Some of you guys are miserable human beings. We should rejoice in the fact that Gase is gone, and no more Wide 9 defense.

Fyi Joe Schad just said Tannebaum is no longer in football operations.

Here we go. It's as if YOU happy folks think Gase was the major problem. He was a part of the problem as were the personnel Department. Everyone from Tannenbaum on down must be purged to allow a clean start.

Grier and Company were fortunate that 2 of their 1st round picks fell in their laps. Because left to their own devices, we get a undersized Missouri product who had zero business being a 1st rd pick.

I would have prefferred Reggie Mac, Tannenbaum being the coffee boy is a good thing though

I know at my job when they move you to "something else" "special projects" your on your way out. Usually the higher ups. like someone said, its allowing him to have time to get a new gig.

Just my take.

Vision appears to be that Grier is the FO guy that reports to Ross, and they agree on head coaching candidates

No third party in the power structure now

Why would Ross dump Grier to find someone to fit that same mold
I think the better question is why would Ross keep the only single person attached to the Dolphins mediocrity since the year 2000?

I think the better question is why would Ross keep the only single person attached to the Dolphins mediocrity since the year 2000?

I won't argue that. Don't disagree myself

But I do think Grier has potential. Don't think he's been the problem

I won't argue that. Don't disagree myself

But I do think Grier has potential. Don't think he's been the problem
He might in fact have potential. But it’s all muddy how many of the picks were his and how many were Tannenbaum and which were agreed or disagreed and how the ties were broken. You think Ross knows?

Bottom line is he’s had at minimum a hand in and at maximum directly responsible for many failed picks such as Harris.

You clean the entire group out.

I'm not going to feel comfortable until Tbum is completely erased from the Dolphins organization. Send him back to the Jets.

that_would_be_great_office_space_bill_lumbergh.jpg

yeaaaahh Mike... we're gonna need you to move your desk down to the basement...

Back
Top Bottom