Minkah Fitzpatrick, Jerome Baker Give Miami D Long-term Promise. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minkah Fitzpatrick, Jerome Baker Give Miami D Long-term Promise.

no mention of young Xavien Howard? I hope that means we are planning to trade for a pick

I still get upset that we passed on Goedert at TE to draft Gesicki.

Everyone needs to get over this...if you put Gesicki on the Eagles this year I would bet $ he would have near identical stats if not better. Playing across from another probowl TE and with an above avg QB makes a pretty big difference. Not to mention he was asked to block way more than Goedert was.

Xavien Howard is THE best asset the Dolphins have. Fitzpatrick is potential and Baker is a kid with talent but lots of raw to his game. Our other top shelf talent is Tunsil. CB's on defense and LT's on offense are both cornerstone players highly difficult to replace with a 1st round pick. I wouldn't trade either of them or Fitzpatrick. Baker is the one I'd trade.

Everyone needs to get over this...if you put Gesicki on the Eagles this year I would bet $ he would have near identical stats if not better. Playing across from another probowl TE and with an above avg QB makes a pretty big difference. Not to mention he was asked to block way more than Goedert was.
Totally disagree on this one. I wanted us to draft Goedert a month before the draft. He plays like a real TE. Yes it's good he's with the Eagles but Gesicki's just a taller WR instead of a real TE and that has nothing to do with who the other TE's are on the team imo.

Xavien Howard is THE best asset the Dolphins have. Fitzpatrick is potential and Baker is a kid with talent but lots of raw to his game. Our other top shelf talent is Tunsil. CB's on defense and LT's on offense are both cornerstone players highly difficult to replace with a 1st round pick. I wouldn't trade either of them or Fitzpatrick. Baker is the one I'd trade.

I wouldn't trade any of them. They are actually my top 4 assets and actually in the exact order you listed them. All four of those guys can follow any schematic change And are excellent pieces to build w/

Totally disagree on this one. I wanted us to draft Goedert a month before the draft. He plays like a real TE. Yes it's good he's with the Eagles but Gesicki's just a taller WR instead of a real TE and that has nothing to do with who the other TE's are on the team imo.

He is a more well rounded TE, but lower ceiling imo than Gesicki who is a high risk/high reward player. It's a travesty how Gesicki was used this season, I'm looking fwd to seeing him next year with a diff staff. I get preferring Goedert, but I still think he was slightly overrated this season, mainly bc people are just comparing him to Gesicki.

I wouldn't trade any of them. They are actually my top 4 assets and actually in the exact order you listed them. All four of those guys can follow any schematic change And are excellent pieces to build w/
Baker can't play in a 34, he's too small and not nearly powerful enough at the point of attack to play the run well. He's purely a chase and cover LB when he learns the position. Until then, he's a very hit and miss chase and cover LB.

Xavien Howard is a press man CB, and any other use of him is a misuse. But, that press man system can work with any type of front really. Fitzpatrick has the versatility you mentioned. TJ McDonald could be moved to LB, and given the Chargers' success with 7 DB's lately, that idea should be gaining momentum, IMHO. Putting Fitzpatrick in the FS position to begin to master it, will make the most of his ability. It also frees up Reshad Jones to play his clearly best position, SS. Xavien Howard anchors one CB position, and if you find a CB2, you can slide McCain back into the slot where he belongs. IMHO, that's clearly the best lineup of our best players in our best unit. I would keep all of those guys in those positions.

Baker can't play in a 34, he's too small and not nearly powerful enough at the point of attack to play the run well. He's purely a chase and cover LB when he learns the position. Until then, he's a very hit and miss chase and cover LB.

Xavien Howard is a press man CB, and any other use of him is a misuse. But, that press man system can work with any type of front really. Fitzpatrick has the versatility you mentioned. TJ McDonald could be moved to LB, and given the Chargers' success with 7 DB's lately, that idea should be gaining momentum, IMHO. Putting Fitzpatrick in the FS position to begin to master it, will make the most of his ability. It also frees up Reshad Jones to play his clearly best position, SS. Xavien Howard anchors one CB position, and if you find a CB2, you can slide McCain back into the slot where he belongs. IMHO, that's clearly the best lineup of our best players in our best unit. I would keep all of those guys in those positions.

See I think I'm higher on baker than most. I think baker showed improvement at the LOA throughout the year and certainly showed promise compared to what most expected out of him coming out of college. I actually posted yesterday I like his prospects in a 3-4. But I won't argue where he stands now yes he fits a 4-3 better

See I think I'm higher on baker than most. I think baker showed improvement at the LOA throughout the year and certainly showed promise compared to what most expected out of him coming out of college. I actually posted yesterday I like his prospects in a 3-4. But I won't argue where he stands now yes he fits a 4-3 better
So the stats on Baker on game day are more like 6'0 and 215 pounds. He is an SS playing OLB. He can cover, and he is legit turbo-fast. But he can't stack and shed like a traditional LB, so if he doesn't run to avoid the block, he is taken out of the play. Often he makes the wrong run fills and his gap discipline is poor, leading to many large gash chunk plays against us. He hasn't shown elite pass rush ability. I'm not seeing him as being big enough to play 34 OLB or ILB. I hope he refines his game, hits the books and studies a LOT more (Bake isn't known as a film grinder), and becomes a good 43 OLB. But I'm uneasy using him in a 34. Fortunately, there's a lot more likelihood of us playing 43 than 34 moving forward, and he's more of the new prototype LB who is extremely fast. He has potential, and he has value.

But he needs to continue improving, IMHO.

Does the undersized baker fit into the new coaches plans? 3-4 or 4-3 Guess we will find out.

Back
Top Bottom