Miscellaneous Thoughts on The Dolphins After Watching the Playoffs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miscellaneous Thoughts on The Dolphins After Watching the Playoffs

Grier **** the bed. He went from a savvy trader, who was able to obtain a slew of draft capital and cap space. Only to see him waste it on projects that still haven't worked out, trading away picks in an attempt to go all in, and spending money and picks on injury prone and overrated players. I'm sick of this guy!!! 😒

Armstead, Xavien Howard, Byron Jones, Ogbah, Jerome Baker. Dunno why I replied, I wonder why people such as yourself have to add in comments like
Only 2 of those players are 30 or older (Armstead & Jones) and Jones will most likely be gone. Ogbah and X are 29 and Baker is 26. Hardly a bunch of nursing home candidates. Here's the list of every player 30 and older, not many high-priced guys here and most of them probably won't be back...

Terron Armstead 31 - Under contract
Justin Bethel 32 - FA
Teddy Bridgewater 30 - FA
John Jenkins 33 - FA
Melvin Ingram 33 - FA
Thomas Morstead 33 - FA re-sign hopefully
Raheem Mostert 30 - FA
Eric Rowe 30 - FA
Brandon Shell 30 - FA
Justin ZImmer 30 - FA
Byron Jones 30 - Under contract, most likely to be released

So you see we have a ton of flexibility when it comes to aging veterans and we wouldn't miss many of them if they were not resigned. O-linemen typically play well, into their 30's

When you rant about everything being wrong it's a good idea to back it up with factual examples rather than just venting nonsense and repeating talking points. It's fine immediately after the loss, emotions are running high, but sooner or later you have to explore the facts removed from any emotion. Doesn't lend itself well to credibility and it comes across as bitching for the sake of bitching.

We're all pissed about how the season turned out and you have the right to be too, hence my comment about having the right to be miserable. Don't know what was wrong with that comment...

Not sure about Awsi but I do about Duece.
I'll go along with your opinion. I don't follow college personnel closely anymore. I've settled into a routine of following track and field all year along with swimming and biathlon and curling, plus a few other sports. I don't watch nearly as many college games as previously. Mostly it's the Canes and USC every week then perhaps one or two others. During the fall I'm more interested in watching old biathlon races on YouTube.

When you rant about everything being wrong it's a good idea to back it up with factual examples rather than just venting nonsense and repeating talking points. It's fine immediately after the loss, emotions are running high, but sooner or later you have to explore the facts removed from any emotion. Doesn't lend itself well to credibility and it comes across as bitching for the sake of bitching.

We're all pissed about how the season turned out and you have the right to be too, hence my comment about having the right to be miserable. Don't know what was wrong with that comment...
@13marino13, you cant just bandy FACTS around all willy nilly!!! They need to be bubble wrapped in guess work and then gift wrapped in paper from the sheer speculation tree! We can't have the FACTS just getting broken, we need to protect them!

fragile a christmas story GIF

@13marino13, you cant just bandy FACTS around all willy nilly!!! They need to be bubble wrapped in guess work and then gift wrapped in paper from the sheer speculation tree! We can't have the FACTS just getting broken, we need to protect them!

fragile a christmas story GIF
Sorry, that was irresponsible on my part by just tossing them out there, I'll try to do better... :shrug:

Hyde’s article just shows that the Era of dysfunction continues with Grier at the helm and Ross signing the checks.

Also, it doesn’t get talked about enough but in 2019, Bengals hired Zac Taylor while Dolphins hired Flores. Taylor won the battle of the tanks, drafted Burrow, and been to a SB and now AFC Championship.
That sting’s just hearing you say that, this Franchise SMDH 😡

Wait are you suggesting Hurts doesn’t have the best Oline and weapons all around him

Because I think you just did

Carrie Brownstein Television GIF
From a casual observer, that Phila. Oline looked big and mean. Those dudes were pushing D linemen and linebackers all over the place. I was very impressed on how hard and in sync they played.

From a casual observer, that Phila. Oline looked big and mean. Those dudes were pushing D linemen and linebackers all over the place. I was very impressed on how hard and in sync they played.
Philly's GM, is super efficient at his job. He was staring down cap hell and somehow righted the ship. He's made shrewd trades, put together a top offensive line, running game and all around QB. He's also gained tremendous draft capital moving forward and has a top defense that doesn't get enough respect. Add in two 1k WR and a great coaching staff. Doesn't get much better than that. He's run circles around Grier.

And I don't think he's done yet. He'll make some noise soon enough. The guy is a tireless worker.

For the 100,000th time. FIX THE DAMN OFFENSIVE LINE!!!!!!!! Just once in my lifetime I would like to see this team have a top 10 OL. Look at what's left in the playoffs, and where their OL are ranked.
Philly - 1st
KC - 3rd
SF -6th
Cincy -14th
Grier addressed a couple of spots last year. PLEASE address 2 more starters and 1 swing tackle this offseason. I believe Hunt can be a good starter and his spot is good. This team has the weapons to be even greater with a top 10 unit.

Wait are you suggesting Hurts doesn’t have the best Oline and weapons all around him

Because I think you just did

Carrie Brownstein Television GIF
Cue the Tuanoner apologists.......

* Regarding lists of injuries, next year it will be a similar sized list with different names. Tired excuse, just like officiating

* The Dolphins are not better than the Bills when Buffalo had +2.0 YPPA Differential. I don't think it is recognized how difficult it is to reach that level and sustain over 17 games. Nor is it recognized that the Bills could not maintain late as direct result of the Hamlin situation.

* The 49ers/Cowboys game was a joy. It was interesting to hear Sean Payton emphasize on the postgame that the 49ers and Eagles are easily the two best remaining teams in the playoffs. I wish I could agree with him. Under the old rules, it would be true. These days it's difficult to see a rookie quarterback putting up enough touchdowns, especially against one of the AFC teams.

* That McCaffery trade was the best fit in years. It is the type of safety valve I envisioned for Tua when we drafted Malcolm Perry. Now obviously that's not an equivalency. Perry was too small and a step slow. But nobody will ever convince me he should have been running pass routes against NFL defensive backs as opposed to slipping out into space against linebackers. We need to pursue a poor man's McCaffrey every offseason.

* Maher's alignment was absolutely remarkable on the extra point. Talk about a mental block. I shouted left immediately. This was long before he even sidestepped to get in position for the kick. Check out when he stood directly behind the holder in preparation for the kick. He's supposed to be facing the center of the uprights. Instead he was facing the left upright if not a half foot left of the upright. Nobody wants to acknowledge that something as basic as alignment impacts these kickers and their results. It's criminal that the announcers never talk about it.
maher's alignment reminds me of my golf game!

The injuries were concentrated in two areas, rather than spread out. No, next year's list shouldn't look like this year's; this was different than any other year that I have seen. Jones, Jones, Needham, and Williams were three of the five starters, plus a reserve. Then add our best CB hurt all year and ineffective. Sorry... that's not normal. Then add our best pass-rusher and big end.

On the offense, wipe out the offensive line with about 7 different OL either done for the year or hobbled... Yeah that happens every year. Oh... and the QB for a bunch of games... and the backup QB too... totally normal.

Just stop.

Tua being injured is HIS normal.....

Only 2 of those players are 30 or older (Armstead & Jones) and Jones will most likely be gone. Ogbah and X are 29 and Baker is 26. Hardly a bunch of nursing home candidates. Here's the list of every player 30 and older, not many high-priced guys here and most of them probably won't be back...

Terron Armstead 31 - Under contract
Justin Bethel 32 - FA
Teddy Bridgewater 30 - FA
John Jenkins 33 - FA
Melvin Ingram 33 - FA
Thomas Morstead 33 - FA re-sign hopefully
Raheem Mostert 30 - FA
Eric Rowe 30 - FA
Brandon Shell 30 - FA
Justin ZImmer 30 - FA
Byron Jones 30 - Under contract, most likely to be released

So you see we have a ton of flexibility when it comes to aging veterans and we wouldn't miss many of them if they were not resigned. O-linemen typically play well, into their 30's

here are my factual examples. 9-9, and still didn't win a playoff game

Back
Top Bottom