****Mock Draft Super Thread**** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Mock Draft Super Thread****

If my sense is gauging this FO and Coaching staff accurately after a year+ of close observation, one thing they WILL NOT DO is reach. Now, it's possible they will have conviction about a player and do what it takes to get him. That's an entirely different thing and won't be reaching in their minds.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure they won't give a hoot about applying misguided hindsight to this franchise's history of apparently missing on players (Brees, for example). They will do what they think is best for THIS team. Why the hell would they let past iterations of Dolphins FO failures or miscues influence their thinking at all? They have no reason to, whatsoever. They will apply self-interest and what's good for the future of the team in their view. That is exactly what they are PAID to do. Most of those issues were from before Ross was the owner, anyway.

For now, whatever they end up doing, I'm on board with it.
Well stated.

I'm all for learning lessons of history, but thinking something that happened a decade ago, under different management, in a totally different situation has any bearing on what Grier/Flo would, or should do, is just hindsight, and a bit disingenuous, IMO.

It's like some people think it's our fault for enjoying the wins. I say it's their fault because they didn't bemoan the wins hard enough. :chuckle:

Also logical to think that maybe they think 5 wins out of 16 games as not exactly some kind of standard they want to be excited about.

NOBODY thinks its anybody fault to enjoy wins. Stop being so paranoid.

Its more that people want to see the best for the team and think that maybe a 5-13 is putting the bar a bit to low.
WHY ?...... Because they want to WIN.... and win with a purpose of being something instead of the team that just beat the Bengals in overtime and ends with a 5-13 standing... I guess is called a higher standard and there shouldn't be anything wrong with that either.

I guess I'm an old timer and was around for the SB wins the perfect season, beating Chicago Bears that Monday night and Shula always a threat. It's been awhile

Also logical to think that maybe they think 5 wins out of 16 games as not exactly some kind of standard they want to be excited about.

NOBODY thinks its anybody fault to enjoy wins. Stop being so paranoid.

Its more that people want to see the best for the team and think that maybe a 5-13 is putting the bar a bit to low.
WHY ?...... Because they want to WIN.... and win with a purpose of being something instead of the team that just beat the Bengals in overtime and ends with a 5-13 standing... I guess is called a higher standard and there shouldn't be anything wrong with that either.

I guess I'm an old timer and was around for the SB wins the perfect season, beating Chicago Bears that Monday night and Shula always a threat. It's been awhile
People DO get upset at the folks who were rooting for the wins, as if it were our fault that the team didn't go 0-16. Just see the post the poster I was replying to was replying to -if that makes sense. If not, see above in this thread. Many, instead of getting angry at the team for winning, are angry at those who rooted for the wins.

Stafford just turned 32 last week. Given that the Lions decided to keep their coaching staff and GM I see a zero percent chance they use the 3rd overall pick on a QB. When you are drafting with your job on the line you don’t take a QB when you have a top 15 starting caliber QB already. I get that Stafford has had injury issues in his career, but he is certainly not the reason the Lions haven’t been successful. Failing to build a team around him has always been their issue.
Trade Stafford and sign a veteran QB for one year and let Tua completely heal while learning the offense. Playing a veteran for the 2020 isn’t going to hurt the Lions because they certainly haven’t been a good team with Stafford as their starter.
If Tua turns out to be as great an NFL QB as so many think it will be. The Lions as an organization would be absolutely nuts to pass on him at 3. You can always hire a new HC but it sometimes takes decades to draft a legitimate franchise QB.
The Dolphins haven’t found one since Marino retired and while Stafford is a good QB, he certainly isn’t great and Tua could end up being great. I know the Tua lovers on here don’t want to think that the Lions would draft Tua but I think it is a strong possibility they just might trade Stafford and draft Tua.

Those “meaningless wins” are the only thing that separate us from dumpster fires like Cincinnati anr Detroit.

get a grip. Tuas family wouldn’t be Hoping he landed in Miami if this staff completely fell on its face and looked hopeless this year. The fact that some think we really would bebetter off having fallen completely flat this year is so silly to me

thosr wins and the flashesof being competitive are the only things keeping us from just being another city and team to avoid

get in the headspace of only having 1-2 first rounders this year. We didn’t acquire them to fill out the team, we acquired them forQB ammo in case this season turned out a success.

which it did.

Those “meaningless wins” are the only thing that separate us from dumpster fires like Cincinnati anr Detroit.

get a grip. Tuas family wouldn’t be Hoping he landed in Miami if this staff completely fell on its face and looked hopeless this year. The fact that some think we really would bebetter off having fallen completely flat this year is so silly to me

thosr wins and the flashesof being competitive are the only things keeping us from just being another city and team to avoid

get in the headspace of only having 1-2 first rounders this year. We didn’t acquire them to fill out the team, we acquired them forQB ammo in case this season turned out a success.

which it did.
You are right. So the Dolphins will select Herbert or Love in the first round after the Bengals select Burrow and the Lions select Tua.

You guys go ahead and keep all your picks and build the team w/ no QB. It’s gonna be like showing up to a wedding w/ a bow tie, cuffs, shined shoes but no pants.

Trade those pieces so that you can afford some pants. Go get your QB

You are right. So the Dolphins will select Herbert or Love in the first round after the Bengals select Burrow and the Lions select Tua.

common sense suggests that DET is just driving up the price for the #3 pick given the good tua news. They have a playoff order from the owner. They ain’t rolling w/ a rookieqb.

leaked from a non team source the day after tua news. Lmao

So many people complaining

Yes it sucks we are in a situation where we might have to trade up and loose draft capital but there was never this heavily MEDIA driven “TANK” yes we cut bait on a lot of player does that mean we are tanking? No it doesn’t Grier stripped the team down so it can be built up from the floor yes the world knew we would suck as did the entire dolphin fan base. Theirs no way possible that Ross Grier or coach flo got all 53 players to buy in to losing on purpose not even remotely possible coach flo would have lost the locker room and did he? cause from my point of view the dolphins played hard and fraught with heart all year long and you could see a culture change on the field it shows how much of a leader coach flo is and players want to rally behind so no we didn’t lose on purpose like some have wanted because this was a culture changing season so stop complaining and as they say trust the process

common sense suggests that DET is just driving up the price for the #3 pick given the good tua news. They have a playoff order from the owner. They ain’t rolling w/ a rookieqb.

leaked from a non team source the day after tua news. Lmao
They are not making the playoffs next year with or without Stafford. So if their owner has a playoff order as you suggest, he might as well fire Patricia and the GM now and trade Stafford so they get on with their rebuild by starting with drafting Tua.

Last edited:
They are not making the layoffs next year with or without Stafford. So if their owner has a playoff order as you suggest, he might as well fire Patricia and the GM now and trade Stafford so they get on with their rebuild by starting with drafting Tua.

I didnt make it up and suggest it, it’s been aired out. Playoffs or unemployment. They aren’t betting on a rookie QB

I didnt make it up and suggest it, it’s been aired out. Playoffs or unemployment. They aren’t betting on a rookie QB
I am not implying you made it up. I have no doubt the owner made that demand. I just don’t see the Lions making the playoffs next year and that is why I made the comment I did. I think they would be better off in the long term by trading Stafford and drafting Tua.
The owner of the Lions is clueless if he thinks they are making the playoffs in 2020. At least Ross finally realized that after years of mediocrity they needed to try a new plan. It appears the Lions owner just hasn’t realized they are stuck in that same level of mediocrity and only a complete rebuild will change that fact.

I think if the Lions stick with Stafford as their QB and pass on Tua, they will regret that decision for years to come.

So many people complaining

Theirs no way possible that Ross Grier or coach flo got all 53 players to buy in to losing on purpose not even remotely possible coach flo would have lost the locker room and did he?

Ross supported the tank he said he did

Flo has done nothing as a HC and gets a 5 year contract

Flo had to coach with the groceries given him enough said - if you don’t understand how a FO works - no one can help you

I am not implying you made it up. I have no doubt the owner made that demand. I just don’t see the Lions making the playoffs next year and that is why I made the comment I did. I think they would be better off in the long term by trading Stafford and drafting Tua.
The owner of the Lions is clueless if he thinks they are making the playoffs in 2020. At least Ross finally realized that after years of mediocrity they needed to try a new plan. It appears the Lions owner just hasn’t realized they are stuck in that same level of mediocrity and only a complete rebuild will change that fact.

I think if the Lions stick with Stafford as their QB and pass on Tua, they will regret that decision for years to come.

agree. If I’m the lions, I’m going tua.

but I don’t think that is their reality

Back
Top Bottom