****Mock Draft Super Thread**** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Mock Draft Super Thread****

Once the combine is done a lot of these mocks will change. Then once free agency gets going the mocks will change again. Then once we get close to draft week the mocks will change again.
The fact that they are changing at all, this time of year, should tell you it is just clickbait.

Nothing but rumors, enuendo, and smokescreens to go on, so they have to promote whatever media type they are working for.

It's not substantive, real, or of any value, IMO.

It’s not flawed at all. It’s called thinking with your head. We have one of the worst rosters in the league and need our picks. We don’t need to use our picks for 1 “china doll” player. The whole getting excited about a few wins is flawed and idiotic.

It's absolutely flawed, and (edit: this general line of thinking is) one of the more asinine things I've ever seen on this board.

Who is "we?" You and the team?

You're aware that neither you nor anyone on this message board actually controls how the Dolphins perform, right? That we don't play in the game, or coach the players, or decide who's on the roster?

There's nothing we can do about it.

If you're that displeased about the wins, go to the stadium on Sundays and yell at the players and staff, or go to their facility and reprimand them for trying to succeed and getting a worse draft pick. Why would some posters chastise others for "being excited over meaningless wins?" It's literally trying to reprimand people for being happy over a victory, WHEN THE PEOPLE WHO ARE BEING HAPPY HAVE NO WAY OF CREATING ANY OTHER OUTCOME.

Think about it. You're literally calling people idiotic for not being angry about another entity succeeding, when they have no control over it.

Last edited:
This line of thinking is really flawed if you think about it. All of us wanted the #1 pick. I'm sure Grier did too and did everything he could to make it happen. You can not just throw games in the NFL. You have 52 men on your team fighting for their futures. They aren't going to just lay down and let the team lose so they can be replaced with "better" players. I seriously just never understand this line of thinking. Most players in the NFL take extreme pride in their game and are going to go out there and give it all they got every Sunday. Unfortunately the #1 pick goes to the worst team each year and we just weren't it.

A majority of those dudes on last years roster don’t belong in the NFL.

Moving up is going to cost us. This is why many of us were against meaningless wins.
I definitely saw it that way for the majority of the season, but when they started winning I became more in different because my trust in the FO started increasing. I will say I was very happy with the last game of the season especially because of what it did to… And their season. Overall I'd be lying if I didn't admit I was watching those five or six other teams (we were competing with) with the same anticipation as the Dolphins.

looks like Detroit will draft a QB. maybe TUA. I rather have Love and let him sit for a year. He will be there at 5 for sure.

Moving up is going to cost us. This is why many of us were against meaningless wins.
Yea, I understand the meaningless wins, BUT, I'd take it again........... Going to New England and literally ruining their chance at home field/bye and another chance at a super bowl. I'm sorry, if you are a true blue Fin Fan you would take that all day and twice on Sundays regardless............. Priceless!!!!:cheers:

Yet we won 5 games, two of which were against playoff teams.

What does that tell you?

The eagles were a dumpster fire in a weak division. I’d trade all 5 of those “wins” for the first pick.

I mean, I get that you’re trying to sack ride an unproven coach but I’m not buying it. We should have known coming in that Fitz would win us a couple of games.

Not sure the coaching staff and players saw those wins as meaningless.... I’ll take excellent coaching and a positive culture and locker room over the picks... this coaching staff looks like it had the ability to develop quality players

Winning five games last year didn't happen just because of Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Winning five games last year happened because, over the course of the season, we had about 8-10 guys who developed into players who are young enough and good enough to be on our roster two years from now. Devante Parker, Mike Gesecki, Preston Williams, Vince Biegel, Sam Eguavoen, and Nik Needham for sure. I'm fine with drafting a few spots later or having to give up one or two of our extra picks to get a guy instead of having to fill an additional 10 holes on the roster the next two offseasons.

It’s not flawed at all. It’s called thinking with your head. We have one of the worst rosters in the league and need our picks. We don’t need to use our picks for 1 “china doll” player. The whole getting excited about a few wins is flawed and idiotic.
Buddy that is losers talk...in the immortal words of Herm Edwards ,
”you play to win the game.”

The people who get upset about about fans enjoying or getting excited about “meaningless” wins crack me up. Like the fans have any control over what the players do or how the games turn out.

Back
Top Bottom