****Mock Draft Super Thread**** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Mock Draft Super Thread****

If games were played on paper or simulated on computers then yea, lose all of the games. But games aren't played by pencil necked geeks in office buildings. They are played by professional athletes who, you would hope, have pride in themselves and their employer (team). I suspect those that would be okay with (or even prefer) losing all of the games have never actually played a competitive game. Losing is demoralizing and has a cumulative effect and anyone that plays and doesn't care about winning is the epitome of a loser.

Also, I have to ask: what is the difference between intentionally losing and intentionally not winning? In my view they are both despicable and morally questionable, at best.

common sense suggests that DET is just driving up the price for the #3 pick given the good tua news. They have a playoff order from the owner. They ain’t rolling w/ a rookieqb.

leaked from a non team source the day after tua news. Lmao
Exactamente!

Really I was under the understanding that it went by wins and loses first
We'd be 3-13
Detriot 3-12 and 1
Giants 4-12
Washington 3-13 but with a tie we'd be ahead...

Puts us at the 2nd pk.

Bengals #1 at 2-14
3rd with redskins having tiebreaker in that scenario but ya I was wrong.

It’s not flawed at all. It’s called thinking with your head. We have one of the worst rosters in the league and need our picks. We don’t need to use our picks for 1 “china doll” player. The whole getting excited about a few wins is flawed and idiotic.
Ok, lets just hypothetically say you are the GM. How do you get the team to lose on purpose? How do you tank without being investigated by the competition committee? You make it seem like we could have easily just "lost on purpose but we didn't". I just once again don't understand how you are going to convince the 52 players and countless employees to just roll over belly up. Players fight for their futures every play. This isn't fantasy football to these guys its their livelihood.

It’s not flawed at all. It’s called thinking with your head. We have one of the worst rosters in the league and need our picks. We don’t need to use our picks for 1 “china doll” player. The whole getting excited about a few wins is flawed and idiotic.

I’ll agree concerning Burrow... but unless we got 1 overall it wouldn’t matter.

I think Love could end up being better than Tua in the pros... and certainly more durable.

So... it could end up being a blessing not having the 2nd or 3rd pick... you never know.

Ok, lets just hypothetically say you are the GM. How do you get the team to lose on purpose? How do you tank without being investigated by the competition committee? You make it seem like we could have easily just "lost on purpose but we didn't". I just once again don't understand how you are going to convince the 52 players and countless employees to just roll over belly up. Players fight for their futures every play. This isn't fantasy football to these guys its their livelihood.
I agree losing on purpose is really hard when the players and coaches are always trying to win every game. Yet the Colts figured out a way to lose and get the first pick in the draft the year Manning was in the draft and also the year Luck was in the draft. So while it might be extremely hard to tank a season, I would have to say that the Colts certainly seemed to have figured out a way to do just that when they needed a franchise QB.

Just something to think about guys that are upset with the wins last year

The last Fins coach who's team was so bad we got the 1st overall pick was shown the door after one season (Cam)

Flores is not Cam

Do you think he would ever even consider a tank so the next coach after him has a franchise QB ?

I don't. Cam probably had a guaranteed contract too

No, for a FANatic (that's what fan is short for) to root for losses is flawed and pathetic.

Go root for the Browns.

Ross supported the tank he said he did

Flo has done nothing as a HC and gets a 5 year contract

Flo had to coach with the groceries given him enough said - if you don’t understand how a FO works - no one can help you

Please show me where Ross said anything about tanking. He talked about rebuilding, which might involve sacrificing potential short term success for future sustainable success. There's clearly a difference. There's certainly a different concept from our team building "norm" in the works. The tanking thing was nothing but reporters thinking they new what Ross "really" wanted. Turned out they didn't. Does that really surprise you?

Alright back to the topic of the thread gentlemen

Any more name calling and you will not longer be posting in this thread period

Actually if we lost the last 2 games we would be drafting 4th instead of 5th. Not quite the big payoff you were hoping for?
It would’ve been a 3 way tie with Washington and Cincy and I believe Miami would’ve won the tiebreaker. I would’ve preferred playing Rosen the last 2 games to a) see what he’s got with a more stable line than the early weeks he played b) give us a better chance to lose.

Just something to think about guys that are upset with the wins last year

The last Fins coach who's team was so bad we got the 1st overall pick was shown the door after one season (Cam)

Flores is not Cam

Do you think he would ever even consider a tank so the next coach after him has a franchise QB ?

I don't. Cam probably had a guaranteed contract too

How do you explain the 5 year contract? What did Flo do to earn that?

Once the combine is done a lot of these mocks will change. Then once free agency gets going the mocks will change again. Then once we get close to draft week the mocks will change again.

How do you explain the 5 year contract? What did Flo do to earn that?

Honestly I thought that was pretty standard. Maybe i'm wrong :shrug:

I don't think Cam cameron had a one year contract did he ?

I think I took the discussion off topic so back to the mock drafts please

Back
Top Bottom