More good news from Jets camp!!!!! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More good news from Jets camp!!!!!

Oh please :chuckle:

Jets 2009 Season>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dolphins 2008 Season

Im done talkin about past even though Is strongly believe fins had a better team whe healthy... Its a new season and we will whoop you again...

Bottom line is regardless of how successful the Dolphins have been or the Jets haven't this rivalry has been very close and the Jets have had the Dolphins number on several occasions. And face it, that's why you all hate the Jets so much.

I mean, the Pats and Bills got a jump on Miami as well but the Fins still lead those series by pretty healthy margins. But those pesky Jets just won't go away. :)

Gets under your skin, doesn't it?

I'm sure it's not just Dolphins fans who's skin Jets faithful get under. A lot of people have hate for the Jets from what I'm seen.

If you took a survey from every fan in the NFL to list their most hated teams I'd be willing to bet the NY Jets would be in the top 3 of just about everyone's list (probably including half of NY/NJ as well). And the Raiders might be the only reason why they aren't #1, quite honestly. No matter what city I've been in (I work in the sports memorabilia business and deal with fans for all teams of the 4 major sports on a regular) the class of the majority of the Jets fans does not change. So don't think it's just us Dolphins who love to hate you.

As much as I hate to admit it, the Patriots have room to talk some crap so it doesn't get to me as much - as they have experienced a nice bit of success in their time. But the Jets? What can they brag about??

Two division titles? 1 SB 40+ years ago? One of the worst W-L records as a franchise? I mean look how excited you guy got with last season by hiding your QB at the end of the season to sneak into the playoffs, beating 1 good team that chokes on a regular that time of year - who's kicker misses what was it 3 or 4 FG's, and then getting merked pretty good by Peyton Manning and the Colts. And now this year the Jets are going to the Super Bowl even though they got rid of their biggest two weapons on offense. I mean why not hate on the Jets? You guys always make it so easy for us!

But I'd have to say part of the reason why us Floridians have 'more' hate for the fans of the Jets is because we have to deal with half of your population living amongst us! The fact of how you'll never find a New Yorker who has anything nice to say about Florida, yet just about everyone of them either move their happy a's's' down here to south Florida or go on their vacation down here to Florida! Lol! Yeah, Florida sucks so much that you moved down here. Riiiight. And New York is "TOTALLY AMAZING AT EVERYTHING" - Yet hey guess what, I'm moving to Florida!!! Yeaah....I'm dumb. :crazy:

Oh please :chuckle:

Jets 2009 Season>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dolphins 2008 Season

Oh please :lol2:

Dolphins Existence>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jets Existence

:lol:

^ Again, that has all been thoroughly documented on these forums. It's your saftey valve when you fail to sustain an actually meaningful argument. You're just furthering my point.

I played football in south texas and went through boot camp in south texas which is a little bit hotter than new york, and the few that threw up were the ones out of shape. Plain and simple the heat was too much for them. Coaches pay real close attention to those who can finish practice strong without being overtired. Mcknight better get in shape soon cuz it gets pretty hot in miami, where he'll be playing every year.

lmao at the Jest fans on FINHEAVEN (especially nyjunc) getting all up in arms about us Miami fans talking bad about their beloved Jets.

Seriously, I dont go over to thegaygreen and inform the Jersey guidos what they should and shouldnt say about the Fins.

Grow a pair Jets fans

Playoff and Championship Success Super Bowl Championships (3)
Super Bowl Appearances (6)

AFC East Divisional Championships (16) (1970—present)

Enough said, back to the sewer for you 2 rats, next topic of discussion please!
Wow! you have one more SB title than us, congrats! You truly are the NY Yankees of the NFL:lol:

No one has ever argued we have a better history b/c we don't but we still have just one less SB title and we have been better for about the last 10-12 years including last year. Div titles are great but would you rather win the div and get humiliated at home in the WC round like Miami 2008 OR make it as a WC and make the AFC Championship Game like we did in 2009?

Also, congrats on losing 3 SBs by an average of 18 PPG:lol2:

Beat us....then we'll talk. You were "LET" into the playoffs last year...... Don't even try to deny that! You know it! But yes...... you did make it.

Make the playoffs and WIN a playoff game or TWO then we'll talk.

You guys were let in in 2008, the difference is we won 2 playoff agmes and you got humiliated at home in the WC round.

nyjunc, you're a bit too much in love with your team. 4 division wins in your franchise history? really?
And yes, you reached the afc championship games last year. Are we going to hear this for the next 10+ years? :)

Just to reacp, we are allowed to hear about 1972 and 1973 and about 3 straight wins over the jets but I can't talk aout 2009?:lol:

You mean when you were 7-7 and the Colts benched their starters so you could make the playoffs? THAT season? LOL!

You guys had more of a gift in 2008 than we did in 2009, the difference is w/o our gift we did something w/ it and w/ yours you goy humiliated at home in the WC round.

If you really want to get rid of Jets fans, just say the word soap.

Really? you are quite the witty man.

Neither of our teams won the division, and both of our teams watched the Superbowl from home. Enough said. Looks like Sexy Rexy is still kissing Bellicheck's rings haha.

So you have to win the division to have success? So winning the AFC East in 2008 was better than being w/in less than 30 minutes of the Super Bowl?

Hmm. Since you seem to make such a big deal about LOSING the AFC Championship game, how many more AFC Championships do we have? How many more AFC Championship game appearances?

ETA: Well, hell. Someone beat me to it.

You guys haven't played for an AFC Championship since 1992!(much like your 2008 WC game that also ended w/ a humiliating loss at home).

It's easy like this....

You win the AFC east, you can brag a little bit, because you are now
division
Champions.

You win your Conference, you can do a bit more bragging, because you are now the AFC Champions.

Finally, if you win the Superbowl, you can do all the bragging you want, because you are the NFL Champions.

Jets did not do the 1st, 2nd, and obviously the 3rd, so if anything, in 08, the Dolphins had something to brag about, because they accomplished the 1st part without any team laying down for them.

:lol2: So you'd rather win the division and lose in the WC round than play for a chance to go to the Super Bowl in the AFC Championship game?

The '08 dolphins who won a division in which Tom Brady didn't play a full game and Brett favre destroyed our season can brag even though they got humiliated in the WC game at HOME but we can't brag beating a good Cincy team on the road, beating the hottest team in the NFL on the road in SD then leading in the 2nd half aqt Indy in the title game?:crazy:

Only because the Jets started off 8-0 against Miami back before the Dolphins were really established and the Jets had a 6 year jump on them in the 60's.

Miami didn't even have a winning record until the 1970 season. And from then on we actually hold a winning record against the Jets. And I believe the all time #1 win % of any NFL team.

Or maybe it's b/c since 1998 we have gone 17-7 against you?

Most of this thread is about how much more succesful the dolphins has been than the jets.

So much more successful you have a grand total of ONE more Super Bowl titles than the Jets.

Im done talkin about past even though Is strongly believe fins had a better team whe healthy... Its a new season and we will whoop you again...

You can talk about the 70s and 80s but 2009 you are done talking about?

When healthy? You realize we lost kris Jenkins and Leon Washington early in 2009, right?

Yeah I dont think Miami fans should be bragging about SBs or past history. But at the same time nyjunc says thats what a franchise is measured(SBs) by so in reality both of our franchises (Jest and Fins) are underperforming failures lol.

Yeah I dont think Miami fans should be bragging about SBs or past history. But at the same time nyjunc says thats what a franchise is measured(SBs) by so in reality both of our franchises (Jest and Fins) are underperforming failures lol.

I'd agree w/ that:hi5::boohoo:

Wow! you have one more SB title than us, congrats! You truly are the NY Yankees of the NFL:lol:

No one has ever argued we have a better history b/c we don't but we still have just one less SB title and we have been better for about the last 10-12 years including last year. Div titles are great but would you rather win the div and get humiliated at home in the WC round like Miami 2008 OR make it as a WC and make the AFC Championship Game like we did in 2009?

You didn't get humiliated last season in the AFC championship game?? Are you serious? Maybe it's just my opinion, but did you not watch the game? Your 'top ranked' defense almost gave up damn near 500 total yards of offense to the Colts. Did you not watch Peyton Manning look like Dan Marino use to against the Jets D throwing for almost 400 yards with 3 TD, and 0 picks? I mean your team was THROWING out of the WILDCAT to try and find a way to score some more points. :lol2: And then you got shut out in the 2nd half and didn't even score a point as the Colts ended up running away with an easy win. Getting shut out in your teams biggest half of the season against a defense that wasn't exactly 'top notch' while your defense is giving up 17 points to the other team is pretty embarrassing if you asked me.

That game clearly showed the Jets didn't even belong in the post season in 2009 to begin with.

And I don't think anyone here is trying to make the Dolphins sound like the most historic franchise in football, like the Yankees are to baseball. However, you have to give us more credit then what you are. They are in the top 10 on just about ranking system I've ever seen that ranks all time franchises, and top 5 in about half those. ESPN and NFL Network's recent pieces come to mind as well.

Do you know where your Jets are on those same lists? Down around the bottom in the mid 20's. You know, down with the cream of the crop in the league....Detroit Lyons, Cincinnati Bengals, Falcons, Texans, Cardinals, etc.

And I don't get it. By your logic it's down right an amazing feat that deserves all the praise in the world on this forum for what the Jets did last year coming within "30 minutes from going to the SB" (But then NY Jets reality set in)... But yet the 5 times the Dolphins have actually made it all the way to the super bowl doesn't mean jack?? :lol2:

Do you see how silly you put yourself out there to sound with half of these posts you make? You're constantly trying to duck and dodge around others comments adding your own little .02 here and there to try and make your team sound better then they truly are (from what I've seen).

I mean you say stuff like 'make the playoff's and win TWO playoff games and then we'll talk'.... Yet the last time before this season the Jets won TWO playoff games in a single year was back in 1982 when the Dolphins shut the Jets out in the AFC Championship game on their way to another SB. I mean are you not aware that the Dolphins have played in and won twice as many playoff games as the Jets in their history?

Or how we were let in the playoff in 2008... Do you know the Dolphins had to basically win out in 2008? There was no room for error after their start. They won 9 of their last 10 games GOING THROUGH the NY Jets in a MUST WIN game in NJ on the last day of the regular season to edge out the Patriots for the last playoff spot which also won the division for us. Do you remember that game? Do you remember that choke job the Jets pulled that day? To Chad Pennington none the less..

Or how about you talking about us the Dolphins not playing in an AFC Championship since 1992.....But yet your team the Jets haven't played in a Super Bowl since the 60's!! That's over 40 years dude, and you want to get on us?

You didn't get humiliated last season in the AFC championship game?? Are you serious? Maybe it's just my opinion, but did you not watch the game? Your 'top ranked' defense almost gave up damn near 500 total yards of offense to the Colts. Did you not watch Peyton Manning look like Dan Marino use to against the Jets D throwing for almost 400 yards with 3 TD, and 0 picks? I mean your team was THROWING out of the WILDCAT to try and find a way to score some more points. :lol2: And then you got shut out in the 2nd half and didn't even score a point as the Colts ended up running away with an easy win. Getting shut out in your teams biggest half of the season against a defense that wasn't exactly 'top notch' while your defense is giving up 17 points to the other team is pretty embarrassing if you asked me.

That game clearly showed the Jets didn't even belong in the post season in 2009 to begin with.

And I don't think anyone here is trying to make the Dolphins sound like the most historic franchise in football, like the Yankees are to baseball. However, you have to give us more credit then what you are. They are in the top 10 on just about ranking system I've ever seen that ranks all time franchises, and top 5 in about half those. ESPN and NFL Network's recent pieces come to mind as well.

Do you know where your Jets are on those same lists? Down around the bottom in the mid 20's. You know, down with the cream of the crop in the league....Detroit Lyons, Cincinnati Bengals, Falcons, Texans, Cardinals, etc.

And I don't get it. By your logic it's down right an amazing feat that deserves all the praise in the world on this forum for what the Jets did last year coming within "30 minutes from going to the SB" (But then NY Jets reality set in)... But yet the 5 times the Dolphins have actually made it all the way to the super bowl doesn't mean jack?? :lol2:

Do you see how silly you put yourself out there to sound with half of these posts you make? You're constantly trying to duck and dodge around others comments adding your own little .02 here and there to try and make your team sound better then they truly are (from what I've seen).

I mean you say stuff like 'make the playoff's and win TWO playoff games and then we'll talk'.... Yet the last time before this season the Jets won TWO playoff games in a single year was back in 1982 when the Dolphins shut the Jets out in the AFC Championship game on their way to another SB. I mean are you not aware that the Dolphins have played in and won twice as many playoff games as the Jets in their history?

Or how we were let in the playoff in 2008... Do you know the Dolphins had to basically win out in 2008? There was no room for error after their start. They won 9 of their last 10 games GOING THROUGH the NY Jets in a MUST WIN game in NJ on the last day of the regular season to edge out the Patriots for the last playoff spot which also won the division for us. Do you remember that game? Do you remember that choke job the Jets pulled that day? To Chad Pennington none the less..

Or how about you talking about us the Dolphins not playing in an AFC Championship since 1992.....But yet your team the Jets haven't played in a Super Bowl since the 60's!! That's over 40 years dude, and you want to get on us?

We LED the Championship Game at halftime, we were down a FG in the 4th qtr and we lost by 13. If that is getting humniliated then what is 38-3, 62-7, 27-0 and 27-9?

yep, that game clearly showed we didn't belong in the postseason- never mind we won TWO road playoff games losing by 13 on the road agaionst an experienced playoff team proved we didn't belong:lol:

You guys are around 10 and we are around 20 but at the end of the day you have just 2 SB titles and we have just one and all 3 were won over 35 years ago.

The dolphins deserve credit for making 3 other SBs but those were 25-38 years ago. If you made 2 in the last decade and lost that's one thing but your last SB app was 1984. You haven't even been to a title game since 1992, you haven't been close to a title game since 1994.

I don't suck anything, I report the facts. I can't help it if you guys want to throw out recent history and only focus on ancient history. It is funny how last year is over and done w/ yet you'll bring up the 70s and 80s.

yes, the last time we won 2 playoff games in a single postseason was 1982 before last year but the last time you guys won 2 playoff games in a single postseason was 1984.

You guys keep whining about ind resting their starters in a close game midway through the 3rd qtr so I bring up how easy you had it in 2008. Yeah you had to win a bunch of games in a row but you beat all dead teams. Not one of those last 5 teams was in a win and in scenario in week 17. The only team alive for postseason was the jets who lost 4 of their last 5 and needed others to lose to get in. Add that to the fact tom Brady didn't play one full game but again you guys can harp on the Indy game but when it's thrown back at you w/ '08 then you get annoyed.

As far as brady goes, he didn't play against the jets either. If the arguement of 08 is we didn't have to face brady, I don't think it holds water, the jets had the same chance we did against the pats.

As far as brady goes, he didn't play against the jets either. If the arguement of 08 is we didn't have to face brady, I don't think it holds water, the jets had the same chance we did against the pats.

Absolutely, we didn't get it done when we had our chances. We choked away 2008 like you guys choked away 2009. If we don't choke in '08 Miami doesn't win the div, if Miami doesn't choke in 2009 we don't make the playoffs.

Jets fans talk ****, but you Dolphin fans are outrageous seriously. Calm the **** down on the internets. 75% Of the flames from Phins fans make absolutely no sense. Too much sun or something.

Make the playoffs and WIN a playoff game or TWO then we'll talk.

You guys were let in in 2008, the difference is we won 2 playoff agmes and you got humiliated at home in the WC round.

Just to reacp, we are allowed to hear about 1972 and 1973 and about 3 straight wins over the jets but I can't talk aout 2009?:lol:

You guys had more of a gift in 2008 than we did in 2009, the difference is w/o our gift we did something w/ it and w/ yours you goy humiliated at home in the WC round.

Really? you are quite the witty man.

So you have to win the division to have success? So winning the AFC East in 2008 was better than being w/in less than 30 minutes of the Super Bowl?

You guys haven't played for an AFC Championship since 1992!(much like your 2008 WC game that also ended w/ a humiliating loss at home).

:lol2: So you'd rather win the division and lose in the WC round than play for a chance to go to the Super Bowl in the AFC Championship game?

The '08 dolphins who won a division in which Tom Brady didn't play a full game and Brett favre destroyed our season can brag even though they got humiliated in the WC game at HOME but we can't brag beating a good Cincy team on the road, beating the hottest team in the NFL on the road in SD then leading in the 2nd half aqt Indy in the title game?:crazy:

Or maybe it's b/c since 1998 we have gone 17-7 against you?

So much more successful you have a grand total of ONE more Super Bowl titles than the Jets.

You can talk about the 70s and 80s but 2009 you are done talking about?

When healthy? You realize we lost kris Jenkins and Leon Washington early in 2009, right?

I didnt talk about no past man you guys the one bringing up past and some fin fans... Im talking about now and the fact we gonna beat yall again!!! Im smellin another Sweep and Rex Ryan eating some Chicken!!!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom