More good news from Jets camp!!!!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More good news from Jets camp!!!!!

I don't understand why the original article called a 2nd year player (Shonne Greene) a "Verteran". Does that mean we have two veteran CBs?

I know you are smarter than that. His "reporting" was getting tweets from jets beat reporters.:rolleyes2:

Yep, I have no idea what it's like to beat the Dolphins. We have only beaten them 17 of the last 24 times we have played :lol2:

I hope none.

You have the better history but that's most through the mid 80s, we have the better recent history and despite Miami historically being better you still have just one more SB win than we do.

Hmm. Since you seem to make such a big deal about LOSING the AFC Championship game, how many more AFC Championships do we have? How many more AFC Championship game appearances?

ETA: Well, hell. Someone beat me to it.

It's easy like this....

You win the AFC east, you can brag a little bit, because you are now
division
Champions.

You win your Conference, you can do a bit more bragging, because you are now the AFC Champions.

Finally, if you win the Superbowl, you can do all the bragging you want, because you are the NFL Champions.

Jets did not do the 1st, 2nd, and obviously the 3rd, so if anything, in 08, the Dolphins had something to brag about, because they accomplished the 1st part without any team laying down for them.

Playoff and Championship Success Super Bowl Championships (3)
Super Bowl Appearances (6)

AFC East Divisional Championships (16) (1970—present)

Enough said, back to the sewer for you 2 rats, next topic of discussion please!

That's quite an rich history you guys have. Not too many teams have a history as good as the Miami Dolphins. Certainly better than the Jets.

I'm sure all those AFC East titles mean so much. (14 of them and 2 Superbowls)

I'm sure those Superbowl appearances mean so much. (5 of them and 2 Superbowls).

Because I'm sure that history will always remember who came in second place in the Superbowls. When they talk about the undefeated Dolphin team in NFL broadcasts...they always mention who they beat in the Superbowl...don't they? Oh that's right they don't!.....because it doesn't matter.

So many Dolphins fans say: "Superbowls are all that matter."

Then you put up AFC championships and Divisions like it matters as much. There is a discrepancy between the amount of times the Dolphins won the AFC and the number of times the Jets won the AFC...but in the end all that matters is the Superbowl. (2 -1)

The Patriots don't have all that history dating back to the 70's & 80's... But history will show they have more Superbowls...for that's all that matters.

The Jets won Superbowl 3 and the Dolphins won Superbowl 6 & 7. Seems the Jets drought is just four years longer than the Dolphins. That's all I see.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's easy like this....

division
Champions.

You win your Conference, you can do a bit more bragging, because you are now the AFC Champions.

Finally, if you win the Superbowl, you can do all the bragging you want, because you are the NFL Champions.Jets did not do the 1st, 2nd, and obviously the 3rd, so if anything, in 08, the Dolphins had something to brag about, because they accomplished the 1st part without any team laying down for them.

+1
I agree with you. They really didn't win anything worth much last year - and after really not deserving a playoff spot to begin with in the first place. But whatever, it happens and they took advantage of other teams like the Dolphins Mishaps and mistakes. But still what did they win? They beat a pretty weak Cincy team (IMO) that was stumbling into the playoffs (despite going undefeated in their division), and beat a San Diego team that hasn't won crap or done crap in the post season in how long? How many seasons have we seen SD 11-5 or 12-4 and yet ANOTHER early exit. If Jet fans choose to hang their heads on this one pretty decent victory, so be it, it's really all you got to take IMO. ANd Peyton Manning quickly showed them what week 17 could have been like the 1st time around had they brought the kitchen sink like they did in the conference game (where the Colts LIT UP that Jets Defense! Almost 400 yards passing with 3 TD, and 0 picks. Yeah, Revis revis what?

Jets did not do the 1st, 2nd, and obviously the 3rd, so if anything, in 08, the Dolphins had something to brag about, because they accomplished the 1st part without any team laying down for them.

Oh man, going through the Jets in their own stadium on what turned out to be THEIR last day of the season was truly priceless a couple years ago!! Chad Pennington coming back to beat the man they dumped him for on his route to the AFC east championship with the teams arch rival doesn't get any sweeter then that if you're a Dolphins fan. I'll remember that one for as long as I'm still breathing!

And talk about poor poor Jet fans on that season.

You don't find teams choking that hard unless your name is the N.Y. Jets. Started 8-3 looking to run away from N.E. and Miami in the division. Only to finish 1-4 while letting the Dolphins step all over you on their way to a division crown in your own stadium in week 17.

And I'm glad we haven't looked back since then - Sweeping last years series making this now 3 straight wins against the Jets and an undefeated record against their new QB and jester of a Head Coach everyone loves to make a big stink about. It should actually be 4 in a row if it wasn't for Favre's lucky miracles heave on 4th down while getting sacked in game 1 of that season (after the 5th down they got to begin with).

Anyway, I'll take our 3 straight wins and off season moves and look to add to that 3 straight this year.

:3w:

Playoff and Championship Success Super Bowl Championships (3)
Super Bowl Appearances (6)

AFC East Divisional Championships (16) (1970—present)

Enough said, back to the sewer for you 2 rats, next topic of discussion please!

And yet the Jets have a winning lifetime record against Miami. Go figure.

Truth hurts!!!!!

Not at all. I'm fully aware that the Dolphins have a much richer tradition of winning than the Jets. You guys always fall back on that when you're cornered in an argument. It's just funny to see a 4th round pick puking at rookie camp turn into a near 100-post thread in 1 day on a rival message board. I didn't think there would even be a thread on it, but I guess I underestimated you guys.

And yet the Jets have a winning lifetime record against Miami. Go figure.

Only because the Jets started off 8-0 against Miami back before the Dolphins were really established and the Jets had a 6 year jump on them in the 60's.

Miami didn't even have a winning record until the 1970 season. And from then on we actually hold a winning record against the Jets. And I believe the all time #1 win % of any NFL team.

Not at all. I'm fully aware that the Dolphins have a much richer tradition of winning than the Jets. You guys always fall back on that when you're cornered in an argument. It's just funny to see a 4th round pick puking at rookie camp turn into a near 100-post thread in 1 day on a rival message board. I didn't think there would even be a thread on it, but I guess I underestimated you guys.

Most of this thread is about how much more succesful the dolphins has been than the jets.

Only because the Jets started off 8-0 against Miami back before the Dolphins were really established and the Jets had a 6 year jump on them in the 60's.

Miami didn't even have a winning record until the 1970 season. And from then on we actually hold a winning record against the Jets. And I believe the all time #1 win % of any NFL team.

Owned!!!!

Bottom line is regardless of how successful the Dolphins have been or the Jets haven't this rivalry has been very close and the Jets have had the Dolphins number on several occasions. And face it, that's why you all hate the Jets so much.

I mean, the Pats and Bills got a jump on Miami as well but the Fins still lead those series by pretty healthy margins. But those pesky Jets just won't go away. :)

Gets under your skin, doesn't it?

Most of this thread is about how much more succesful the dolphins has been than the jets.

Again, a nice fallback when you guys don't have anything of actual substance to discuss. Everyone like a nice homer-fest.

But still, a productive thread.

It's easy like this....

division
Champions.

Finally, if you win the Superbowl, you can do all the bragging you want, because you are the NFL Champions.

Oh please :chuckle:

Jets 2009 Season>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dolphins 2008 Season

Back
Top Bottom