More production from any Tight end? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More production from any Tight end?

Will any Dolphins TE beat Gesicki's numbers from last year? (5tds, 32 for 362 yards)

• 1 - Comfortably

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • 2- Barely

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • 3 - Close, but no cigar

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • 4 - Nowhere near, Tights Ends are allowed to catch??

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters
For some reason McD did NOT like to throw to MG. I think he thought it showed too much of his hand when MG was out there and used him as a decoy for the D to have to account for. Insert someone that can block well AND catch like Washington and he'll give him the Kittle pays.

We'll see if McDaniel changes his use of the TE, in the passing game. I don't think Miami has a TE on the team who can match Gesicki's overall production, which includes 5 TD's, in limit use or chances. Perhaps in yardage? None of these TE's strike fear in or around the endzone, whereas Gesicki was a threat.

For now, I say barely, considering we don't have as good a recieving TE as Gesicki, but things could change with maybe a healthy Conner having a much better 2nd year or a draft pick.

I believe Smythe could come close to Gesicki if used enough, but there is also a good chance Eric Saubert is used more then all the other TEs (If Conner or someone from the draft don't prove to be good all-purpose TEs), which then means very doubtful.

I am betting Mike Gesicki destroys these numbers in New England. Mac Jones is trash but Gesicki will be one of the focal points of that offense.

Then again many thought Parker in NE would make us regret letting him go, but it was not the case.

Gesicki can have big games (Rarely in a row), can be a weapon in the REDZONE (Not every game), but he is also inconsistent, and will not give you much if at anything at all after the catch. Also Tua is one of the more accurate QBs, Mac is not, so Gesicki is going to have to make more acrobatic, off the mark catches then he did last year when he dropped quite a few.

Not betting on Gesicki destroying any numbers with Mac at the helm.

For some reason McD did NOT like to throw to MG. I think he thought it showed too much of his hand when MG was out there and used him as a decoy for the D to have to account for. Insert someone that can block well AND catch like Washington and he'll give him the Kittle pays.

I mean Tyreek and Waddle were always out there. Outside of a few teams everyone knew either of them were going to get the ball and most teams couldn't stop it.
MG isn't here anymore so that's that!
But you couldn't convince me and he has the previous season stats to prove it that he wasn't a weapon on the field.

I'd have to look at the numbers. But has there been a more productive TE (stat-wise) on this teams since what... Randy McMicheal?

It doesn't matter... You cant have tunnel vision here. Having a true TE on the field might mean less production for that player but a better offense overall, which I believe will be the case even if Saubert is the only addition.

Case and point, Gesicki's 2 best seasons production wise had the Fins offense bottom 10...

It doesn't matter... You cant have tunnel vision here. Having a true TE on the field might mean less production for that player but a better offense overall, which I believe will be the case even if Saubert is the only addition.

Case and point, Gesicki's 2 best seasons production wise had the Fins offense bottom 10...
Well to be fair to Mike I am guessing those two years we had parker and co at wideout and not Hill and Waddle?

A lot of people seem to be expecting us to bring in a TE who is not currently on the roster and play him a bunch. I expect and hope we’ll draft a TE in this TE-rich draft, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we just plug Tanner Conner into the exact same Gesicki role from last year’s offense.

There is no functional difference between Conner and Gesicki. Conner is a slightly better blocker, and Gesicki had better hands. We don’t necessarily need to change anything if McDaniel doesn’t want to.
Conner was a very interesting stash. He's a pet project for sure -- BUT he's got way more twitch than MG and is also a more intrinsically physical player. Supposedly hand measured 4.37 at pro day -- and vertical close to MG but we all know Mike is part kangaroo. Athletically Conner is "special" and his upside is immense -- tho we also all know very few of these "project" players ever realize their immense potential on the field as a legit dominant player. BUT there's a possibility this kid could really surprise. From all I've collected -- he's got "it" between the ears so we'll see. For now he's the most interesting player on the roster for me in terms of potential.

He took advantage of much smaller DBs. Great for him.

But, That's what were calling "Maulers" now?

Man the game has changed.
You defended Gesicki tooth and nail to death. Even his blocking skills.

Now a tight end comes along who is truly great at blocking, and now you decide to **** on that guy :lol:

Gesicki would never in his life make a block like that, probably not even on a college db as a grown man now. He routinely was out physical'd by corners

Back
Top Bottom