More Tua Recognition | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More Tua Recognition

*when/if

When's the last time the Fins had a functional OL?
I mean, statistically unlikely every year they're going to be the worst.

Even if they move up to average, it'll still feel like a different sport lol.

*the year Ajayi went berserk.

When he gets an RB corp that the Defense has to treat with respect and a decent OL, watch those 40yd passes fly. No I don't expect 60yard in the air bombs, but 40s accurately thrown once or twice a game would be fine!

Im sorry but that article is complete ****... These local beat writers are starting to be predictable as ****. When the national sentiment on Tua is bad, they follow suit and cherry pick whatever stats that make him look bad, then all of a sudden, everyone seems to be on the Tua train, reverse the whole thing.

That ****ing idiot opened up a pro-football-reference spread sheet and just clicked on the column headers to see where Tua ranked and included the ones that make him look good in his article... He was doing the exact opposite when the Tua's a bust narrative was going on. Cant believe I clicked on that ****.

edit: this isnt directed at you, you're one of my favorite poster around here...
Seems like a whole lot of positive stats to cherry pick. Being in the middle of a 5 game win streak, wouldn’t you expect the numbers to match?

Now THIS was an interesting observation which confirms Gesicki declaring that Tua puts the ball where only the receiver can get it:

I would argue this defense has the team on a 5 game win streak. The offense as a whole is terrible.

Seems like a whole lot of positive stats to cherry pick. Being in the middle of a 5 game win streak, wouldn’t you expect the numbers to match?
Im not saying they arent "positive" stats... The point of my post is that the author of the article has no ****ing idea which ones are meaningful and which arent and pretty much how any of them work. These local beat writers arent trying to write something coherent, they're simply picking the stats that agree with national sentiment.

Everyone likes Tua: Open spread sheet with 100 stats and write an article about the ones Tua's good in.
Everyone thinks Tua is a bust: Open the same spread sheet with 100 stats and write an article about the ones Tua isnt doing good in.

About half the stats he talks about in that article doesnt mean **** in the grand scheme of things and he managed to screw up the one that means the most. "Tua's 20th in YPA because he mainly throws short passes"... This is the laziest ****ing way you could go about it... But in the end, it doesnt matter... All that matters to him now is Tua == Good gets clicks today...

Now THIS was an interesting observation which confirms Gesicki declaring that Tua puts the ball where only the receiver can get it:

Not sure about Lawrence tbh, he was awful again yesterday. Jax need to show patience but this was the "can't miss" generational talent guy, he's a long way off that billing atm.

Damn people be getting SALTY on Tua now.

Just read someone on ProFootballTalk comments disparagingly call him "TwoYarda Turntheballova".

Sucks I guess when the media narrative isn't working anymore.

Not sure about Lawrence tbh, he was awful again yesterday. Jax need to show patience but this was the "can't miss" generational talent guy, he's a long way off that billing atm.
Trevor Lawrence looks awful. He needs to be given the business in the media and by fans with their comments way more than he has. I don't care he's on Jax, he was/is supposed to make them BETTER.

Speaking of that drive. Did anyone notice how Tua was motioning towards the sidelines at the beginning of the drive? Looked like he was waving off personnel and/or play calls from the sidelines to me and calling his own plays. Maybe I’m wrong but it appeared that way to me.

People who only see "two yard passes" from Tua don't know what the hell is going on out there.

That second TD pass is an example. He was patient and didn't panic. That was all cerebral. He made a winning freaking play by being patient and letting the play develop. A lot of qb's with rocket arms don't make that play. That's why this kid is a winner.

His accuracy is a freak show. He is tossing at a rate better than a good free throw shooter in basketball. "Free" being the operative word.

Imagine what this kid would do if they get two tackles in here that cordon off the edges.

The fan base was heavily in favor of Tua even before this winning streak. I am sure we are at 80% of the fan base who wants to keep rolling with him next season. And, as someone familiar with polling, there is a dumb 20% on everything, so that is an extremely high number.

The front office terrifies me but hopefully they "get it" and stay the course. You've got a very popular player here.

Back
Top Bottom