More wins: Phins or the Raiders | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More wins: Phins or the Raiders

gr8slayer said:
Your not sitting too well cap wise, you just resigned ole roid head.

We have more cap space than the Bills,Jets,and Pats combined.

touborg said:
You will have a top 10 D? That is by far the most delusional statement i've ever seen. The Raiders will produce on offense next year, but you will be greatly hindered by an offense that isn't even remotely close to even daydreaming about a top 10 spot.

We could easily be top 10 our D will be good we filled all of our voids. we will have a great explosive o a whole lot better than the bengals you cant even compare the two.

byroan said:
We have more cap space than the Bills,Jets,and Pats combined.
So maybe you can tell me why ESPN Insider thinks you cant afford Ty Law? I mean if you are sitting better than all three teams combined then you must have the best cap spot in the league. Explain.

FinsFanatic said:
Good OC
GREAT Offensive Line Coach
New Coach- That alone is an upgrade over what we had, he is unproven as a HC so i wont telll you how good he is

Great Draft
FA-Carter, Holliday, TeBuckey, Stockar,

this is a start, we will see what else the rest got for you
Ill give you Saban maybe being an upgrade over Wanny. Simply because he is new meat, that can be a good thing or a bad thing.

TeBuckey - Old and washed up

Carter - Maybe another sub par season left in him

Holliday - Old and washed up

Stockar - Havent done my research on him. '

New OL Coach - Players make the coach not the other way around

New OC - Havent done my research

gr8slayer said:
So maybe you can tell me why ESPN Insider thinks you cant afford Ty Law? I mean if you are sitting better than all three teams combined then you must have the best cap spot in the league. Explain.

Obviously he was exxagerating a lil bit. But whats your point about not being able to sign Law? Im not sure anyone in the leauge can right now with the absurd amount of money the guy wants.

gr8slayer said:
In what way? You got a couple good draft picks ok, but who is to say that they will be worth anything? You got rid of one of the best CB's in the NFL and so far have no one to replace him. Your not sitting too well cap wise, you just resigned ole roid head. Has anything truly been great this off season for you? I dont think anyone in the East has had a good offseason.

Jets - Nothing in FA, crappy draft, might lose a top DE.

Patriots - Signed Terrell, oh watch out for her. Draft? No one. They did nothing but lose players and signed guys that are going nowhere, they might also lose one of the best LB's in the NFL for good.

Bills -Going into the season with a freaking rookie QB(better chance he sucks than there is he will be good), Losing Travis Henry who we might miss if Willis goes down, lost Pat Williams (one of the best at DT) and have no one to replace him that is proven, did nothing to help our OL out which is going to kill J.P., drafted a freaking un needed WR in Parrish. Add to that the fact that we lost Everett (who some "professionals" compare to Gates) for the season.

So tell me, how have you had the best offseason in a decade?

We kept Armstrong, signed Linehan and Houck on the coaching side, I want to mention Saban, but since he's unproven as a HC in the NFL I won't, just the 2 new coaches and the Armstrong resigning is a significant upgrade. We have the best coaching staff we have had for a long time.

Calling "a few draft picks ok" is an understatement. We got 1st round talent in all the first three rounds, which is excellent. Our QB has an extra year under his belt, our RB situtation is undeniably better with Brown and probably Williams starting, and Boston will be an incredible 3rd reciever.

Honestly, your only sound argument against our offseason is that we lost Surtain. I agree, losing him is a problem, but one CB is hardly the end of the world. I could really give a crap about Bostons past, I just know that we signed a young, former pro bowler almost for free. As to the salary cap, I don't even remotely agree. We only need to sign a few more players, and we might lose one or two expendable ones to fund them.

Oaklandraider said:
We could easily be top 10 our D will be good we filled all of our voids. we will have a great explosive o a whole lot better than the bengals you cant even compare the two.

I never compared the bengals to the raiders...........are you drunk?

gonick1 said:
No! NO! NO!! the nfc west or nfc. is a joke I could put together a team of finn fans that could go .500 in the NFC cmon dudes gonna lose his bet all cuz we play in the AFCE and hiz buddies Oakland TRADERS play who? the seahawks? Rams? Chiefs? SanD is the only real comp they have mabey the dongcos? look at the raid. only division where a sub-.500 season can get you into the play-off's and we cant get in w/ winning our div. and 10 wins please!! and if I hear ******ed fools like rome and randy cross say things like "fish-Fade" ever again I'll get violent.

Raiders are in the AFC and play an improved KC the Broncos and the Chargers.

gr8slayer said:

No we aren't the best cap space team in the league. Just because we have more cap space than the other teams in our division combined doesn't mean we have more than the whole entire league. Here was the cap status as of April 29th.

Miami Dolphins $6.6 million
New England Patriots $1.96 million
New York Jets $1.1 million
Buffalo Bills $1.02 million
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2004973

We could afford Law if we wanted to, but then we couldn't go after anyone else. Saban isn't going to tie up all that salary space on one player who right now is a question mark.

gr8slayer said:
No offense but you Dolphin fans for the most part are just down right freaking idiotic if you think that just having Saban is going to automatically win you games.

I think you're the Idiot if you think that's we really think. We have A Solid Defense, Deep Offense, A Good Special team, and a Real HC..That's automatically going to win games..

byroan said:
No we aren't the best cap space team in the league. Just because we have more cap space than the other teams in our division combined doesn't mean we have more than the whole entire league. Here was the cap status as of April 29th.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2004973

We could afford Law if we wanted to, but then we couldn't go after anyone else. Saban isn't going to tie up all that salary space on one player who right now is a question mark.

I agree--we might as well have kept Pat as sign Law

You'll definetly win the Raiders are overated every year because of their legacy.

Back
Top Bottom