More wins: Phins or the Raiders | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More wins: Phins or the Raiders

Jimi said:
hahah my bad man. Didnt think that one out....Saban is truly a genius.

Yep, it puts the Surtain trade in better perspective.

gr8slayer said:
Who is to say that Saban is a great coach? How is it that only the Dolphins magically know that Saban is a "great coach?"

No one else around the NFL seems to recognize him as being anything yet. So what do you base him being a great coach on? Cause he drafted Ronnie Brown, who by the way is still a nobody himself?

Please do open my eyes to why Saban is already a great NFL coach.

What don't you do research before you start thinking that we a are just making it up. He's going to be a great HC because..

Brought to Baton Rouge following the 1999 season to revive what many considered a sleeping giant, Saban has transformed the LSU football program into one that wins championships,

Saban has long been revered in football coaching circles as one of the keen minds of the game, having coached under some of the best football technicians in the country on both the college and professional levels.

"He's a first-rate person and he's a marvelous football coach," said Bill Polian, the president of the NFL's Indianapolis Colts, who is considered one of the premier minds in professional football. "He brings all the right values to the position and to the job. He believes in an exciting and up-tempo offense and yet his teams are always terrifically sound and very physical."

Saban's background in football is rich and varied. He coached in the NFL under Bill Belichick at Cleveland and under Jerry Glanville at Houston. He is a protégé of George Perles at Michigan State and Earle Bruce at Ohio State. He got his start under venerable Washington coach Don James as a graduate assistant at Kent State

Saban has a career win-loss record of 69-38-1 for a winning percentage of .650, a total that includes five years as head coach at Michigan State (1995-99), three seasons at LSU and one year at Toledo (1990). He also has extensive experience in the NFL, having coached the secondary of the Houston Oilers for two seasons (1988-89) and having served as defensive coordinator for the Cleveland Browns for four seasons (1991-94).

The 51-year-old Saban returned to Michigan State following four seasons as the Cleveland Browns' defensive coordinator from 1991-94. The Browns went from allowing the most points in the NFL prior to Saban's arrival to allowing the fewest points in 1994. His defensive unit allowed a league-low 21 touchdowns and 204 points in 1994, the sixth-fewest points surrendered in NFL history at the time.

He began his first stint in the NFL with the Houston Oilers as the secondary coach from 1988-89. The Oilers ranked among the AFC leaders in interceptions in both 1988 (tied for second with 22) and 1989 (fourth with 21).

"Instead of looking at the overall picture, he gives his players something they can really lash their teeth into, which allows them to play more aggressively," said Dean Pees, head coach at Kent State who served as a defensive coordinator under Saban. "There are a lot of guys who can draw up defenses in the dirt and draw X's and O's. The question is what little things can you find to help each player play his position? That's one thing Nick is good at."

He guided LSU to its first football championship in forty-five years. He turned down countless offers from professional teams to stay with the job he loves. Now Nick Saban reveals the secrets that will help you lead and succeed at work and in life.

Excellence doesn’t happen overnight. It comes from hard work, consistency, the drive to be the best, and a passion for what you do. Few understand this better than Nick Saban, the hottest college football coach in the game. Now, in How Good Do You Want to Be?, Saban shares his winning philosophy for creating and inspiring success.

I can keep going, but what's the point..Nick is a proven winner..And we now have him on our side. The facts back dictate that Nick is going to be a great NFL coach..How many HC coaches, writes a book to help all other coaches including business as well..Who's going to line up and buy your HC book ???

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
I think you're the Idiot if you think that's we really think. We have A Solid Defense, Deep Offense, A Good Special team, and a Real HC..That's automatically going to win games..
Your in for a real dissapointment if you think simply adding an HC is going to win you games.

gr8slayer said:
Your in for a real dissapointment if you think simply adding an HC is going to win you games.

Do you have trouble with reading comprehension? The dude you responded to listed a bunch of things, not "simply" getting a new head coach. :rolleyes2

gr8slayer said:
Ill give you Saban maybe being an upgrade over Wanny. Simply because he is new meat, that can be a good thing or a bad thing.

TeBuckey - Old and washed up

Carter - Maybe another sub par season left in him

Holliday - Old and washed up

Stockar - Havent done my research on him. '

New OL Coach - Players make the coach not the other way around

New OC - Havent done my research

TeBuckey is not washed up, he was just used wrong in NO, he is SS not a FS.....the only reason the pats traded him was /c of hte deal they got for him, dont remember exactly but it was like 3 drqaft picks, first day too...

Carter-when was he sub par?

Stockar-animal

New OL Coach- that is a response that i would expect from a jills fan, that comment alone almost made me not respond...ridiculous

New OC - the Vikings OC the last 3 years

All these not researched comments on your end and you make a comment about our offseason moves, yeah you are gr8.....stay in buffalo

gr8slayer said:

This is really an ignorant comment. In this day and age coaching is becoming more and more important. With the parity taking over the leauge good coaching is a necessity.

Your saying u think the Pats would have won those 3 out 4 SBs with the Dolphins past coaching staff?

Jimi said:
This is really an ignorant comment. In this day and age coaching is becoming more and more important. With the parity taking over the leauge good coaching is a necessity.

Your saying u think the Pats would have won those 3 out 4 SBs with the Dolphins past coaching staff?

yeah, its comments like this that make me believe that just b/c you see a poster here alot, does not mean they know what they are talking about

Originally Posted by gr8slayer
Ill give you Saban maybe being an upgrade over Wanny. Simply because he is new meat, that can be a good thing or a bad thing.

TeBuckey - Old and washed up

Carter - Maybe another sub par season left in him

Holliday - Old and washed up

Stockar - Havent done my research on him. '

New OL Coach - Players make the coach not the other way around

New OC - Havent done my research

Saban maybe an upgrade over Wanny:rolleyes: . You obviously dont know anything about Saban.

Tebucky is washed up?? Hes still a good SS, who was misused in NO and still had over 100 tackles last year.

Carter has never been sub-par, your just making yourself look dumb. Hes only had under 5 sacks once.

Holliday may or may not work. That is why we drafted Matt Roth.

Stockar is very good.

OL is the position that can be coached more than any other. Blocking schemes and techniques can matter just as much as physical talent. Youll see that this year i gurantee you.

Vikings OC...clearly has had great production

Jimi said:
Saban maybe an upgrade over Wanny:rolleyes: . You obviously dont know anything about Saban.

Tebucky is washed up?? Hes still a good SS, who was misused in NO and still had over 100 tackles last year.

Carter has never been sub-par, your just making yourself look dumb. Hes only had under 5 sacks once.

Holliday may or may not work. That is why we drafted Matt Roth.

Stockar is very good.

OL is the position that can be coached more than any other. Blocking schemes and techniques can matter just as much as physical talent. Youll see that this year i gurantee you.

Vikings OC...clearly has had great production

forgot about holliday in my response, KC picked him up to be the main guy, he cant be the main guy and he wont be here so there is promise there

another thing about TBuckey- he led the saints in tackles last year

Please hes not even regaurded won of the elite in the leauge moss,porter and curry are all hella of alot better than he is.

Jimi said:
who is doing stuff like that? umm this guy-

:0wned: :lol:

:roflmao::roflmao:

Here's another great catch.

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom