Moss to Leave Raider Nation | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moss to Leave Raider Nation

ckparrothead said:
I'd take Randy Moss in a heartbeat. Not even a question in my mind.

Yeah, but in exchange for who and what draft picks? And with what free salary cap money are we going to pay him?

maybe this is the piece to the puzzle that cpep needs.i say we bring him in but we are stacked at wr though

Desides said:
I hope he doesn't come here. Our WR corps is solid and doesn't need chemistry-killing changes. The way to improve our offense is to fix the front line.

Bingo! He would kill any type of chemistry we have. We need OL help. At this juncture if the OL woes continue this year I would not be shocked if two of our top three draft picks in '07 were for OL.

Those are details that will have to work themselves out. I wouldn't give up any except minimal draft pick compensation for him at his current contract rate.

Desides said:
Every time you replace a name on the roster you create a chemistry gap. Every single time, no matter what the position.

Furthermore, do we really need Randy Moss? Our depth at WR isn't an issue. Seeing Moss on one side of the field and Chambers on the other, with Welker in the slot, would be pretty damn good, but at the same time, do we really need that kind of a WR lineup? I'd rather see that huge pile of money Moss would undoubtedly want go to the offensive line.

To be honest, if he were to come here I don't think he would demand that much money to come here. He hasn't put up the numbers and td's since leaving Pepp. I think at this point in his career he'd be happy to reunite with Culpepper and have an excellent chance to win.

Desides said:
Every time you replace a name on the roster you create a chemistry gap. Every single time, no matter what the position.

Furthermore, do we really need Randy Moss? Our depth at WR isn't an issue. Seeing Moss on one side of the field and Chambers on the other, with Welker in the slot, would be pretty damn good, but at the same time, do we really need that kind of a WR lineup? I'd rather see that huge pile of money Moss would undoubtedly want go to the offensive line.

do we need that kinda receiver lineup? considering our offense this year...YEAH. some people HAVE SAID, that our O-line is giving lots of time for Culpepper to throw...lots of people say Culpepper is the one making bad choices. Ive never seen a game yet so i cant comment on that. But if the O-line IS giving time, that kinda receiving corps will cause a defense to focus more on PASS defense during practice...then we run like hell against them, and win.

Muck said:
What we need are offensive lineman.
Right but with sacks up over a half a sack per game throughout the league over last year and at the highest level theyve been since 2000 no one really has OL depth to give us so you have to look to stregthen your other areas of weakness and right now our wr's arent doing enough to get open for DC and when they have been open its obvious DC doesnt have that comfort level yet. So while I agree with what youre saying the help we need on the OL just isnt readily available.

And anytime you have a chance to acquire a player of moss' caliber, you have to do it even if Im not a randy moss fan.

Tigers2003 said:
Bingo! He would kill any type of chemistry we have. We need OL help. At this juncture if the OL woes continue this year I would not be shocked if two of our top three draft picks in '07 were for OL.

We don't really have a whole lot of chemistry to lose right now. Might as well bring on board the best deep threat the NFL has ever seen when you've got the opportunity.

If it's cheap, why not?

Tigers2003 said:

I'm thinkin past this year. Chambers and Moss would probably be a top 3 receiving core. Who do you double cover?

i think getting moss would be great, enough of the chatter about how we don't need this and that we are 1-3 wie need all the hellp we can get, any if randy can give us that spark then so be it, let's try and get him if at all possible,we stand around to much and just window shop, let's get him, remember all who say dc isn't 1/2 the qb w/0 moss, so what dosen't make sence about this. just do it

can u imagine a shotgun formation with Moss/Chambers/Booker/Welker...and Brown in the backfield. the defense would be FORCED to put 6-7 guys covering pass, and we just give it to Ronnie and let him run away.

Irish Phin Fan said:
I have heard this talk before.

I know :( I'd still take him in a heartbeat though. If there's a chance there's a chance. Why not us? I mean it would reunite him with a QB that he had a lot of success with.

In a heartbeat.

This chemistry stuff is nonsense beause 1) our offense has no chemistry right now AND 2) Moss & Culpepper already have said chemistry.

And to those who say we already have receiver depth - sure we do. Too bad they can't get open though.

The only bad thing is that would probably take Chambers to get him. But really, so what. Chambers isn't doing squat right now anyway - except running reverses.

If they'll take Booker and pick - SWEET. They might. Moss could really lower his trade value if he publicly demands it - and names where he wants to go. But even if it costs Chambers - I'd still do it.

Back
Top Bottom