Most expensive Dolphins in 2014 per GO ESPN | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most expensive Dolphins in 2014 per GO ESPN

Get rid of Wheeler, Patterson and Moore for starters. Restructure Wake and Ellerbe (Not sure if Wallace can even be restructured one year into that huge deal).

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

It may not be popular but maybe even trade Wake (might be able to get a first for him. 2nd at the minimum) while he still has value. He was a shell of himself last year overall. I digress, if the new GM is as good at drafting players with the picks we got in trade, as Ireland was, keep him!

Don't hate on Matt Moore. He was a excellent veteran back up that no doubt helped in the film room with RT. Total professional.

Now, could he still be cut...sure. However, he is good player and useful.

We are in good position cap wise in a year where there is not a lot of great free agents. Why would you want to push Wallaces deal back ? Pay him the 17 million this year and the rest of his contract is very reasonable. You need to think both short-term and long term with the cap.

Don't hate on Matt Moore. He was a excellent veteran back up that no doubt helped in the film room with RT. Total professional.

Now, could he still be cut...sure. However, he is good player and useful.

I like Matt Moore a lot, but given the glaring holes this team needs to fill on the OL, and the fact that we are basically going to need to overpay to fill them, that 5.5 million dollars should probably be recouped. Let me put it this way, Hayden. If that 5.5 million allows you to sign Alex Mack... you politely tell Matt Moore that you'll be happy to explore bringing him back at a lower salary, but that his contract is terminated.

Our situation is so bad that if we have the opportunity to overpay for Monroe and Mack, we should overpay them.

The four that jump out at me are Ellerbe, Wheeler, Moore, and Patterson. I still have hopes for Ellerbe and Patterson but they both need to restructure. Wheeler and Moore need to as well and by a lot.

Patterson is damn good when healthy but I think at this point you have to figure 'he's not going to be healthy.'

Maybe ask him to take a pay cut or restructure? I don't know.

I like Matt Moore a lot, but given the glaring holes this team needs to fill on the OL, and the fact that we are basically going to need to overpay to fill them, that 5.5 million dollars should probably be recouped. Let me put it this way, Hayden. If that 5.5 million allows you to sign Alex Mack... you politely tell Matt Moore that you'll be happy to explore bringing him back at a lower salary, but that his contract is terminated.

Our situation is so bad that if we have the opportunity to overpay for Monroe and Mack, we should overpay them.

Moore is an option to release or restructure but, who knows if it will be needed? IF we don't need the cap space, and RT likes working with him, why bother? When a team has $40-50M to spend, what is the reason to look for more until it is needed, and it may very well not be.

Moore is an option to release or restructure but, who knows if it will be needed? IF we don't need the cap space, and RT likes working with him, why bother? When a team has $40-50M to spend, what is the reason to look for more until it is needed, and it may very well not be.

that's a good point, but my question is whether we can find Moore's level of play for a cheaper salary.
also, I think a lot depends on how he will fit with the new OC's scheme.

For the simple reasson that we SHOULD actually throw piles of money at players like Mack and Albert or Monroe. We also have to resign Brent Grimes, that is CRITICAL. Cutting Patterson and Moore frees up 10 million dollars to go get them.

Remember, we also need to try to resign Chris Clemons, extend Odrick, replace or resign Nolan Carroll, possibly look at extending Gibson if he's in the teams plans going forward, etc.

And Ryan Tannehill will be due for a contract extension next offseason. Personally, I think he is going to be paid a lot of money because I fully expect him to have a good year.

For the simple reasson that we SHOULD actually throw piles of money at players like Mack and Albert or Monroe. We also have to resign Brent Grimes, that is CRITICAL. Cutting Patterson and Moore frees up 10 million dollars to go get them.

Remember, we also need to try to resign Chris Clemons, extend Odrick, replace or resign Nolan Carroll, possibly look at extending Gibson if he's in the teams plans going forward, etc.

And Ryan Tannehill will be due for a contract extension next offseason. Personally, I think he is going to be paid a lot of money because I fully expect him to have a good year.

We differ greatly on throwing piles of money at any you mention. Regardless, we do not even know who may be available, and you are putting the cart before the horse until we do. JMO

My outlook on Moore is would I rather a backup QB or a starter? That's simple to me, you can find a bargain at QB in FA and if our starter goes down there's a good chance the season is lost. Tanny's pretty durable tho, I know injuries are pretty fluky but the guy can take a hit. Rather get him a new starting guard than give him his insurance policy if he's injured.

Back
Top Bottom