Most expensive Dolphins in 2014 per GO ESPN | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most expensive Dolphins in 2014 per GO ESPN

Not sure I agree the rest of his contract is reasonable
2015...$12.1 million cap hit
2016...$13.7 million cap hit
2017...$13.7 million cap hit

Its not u just have to hope he steps up. This is why Im never a fan of giving out contracts on potential alone. He was coming off a very average season, he produced a very average season so who knows.

Good research on the stats. At the end of the day, that contract isnt worth the play we got out of him. I dont think its possible to restructure after just one year so im thinking they let him go and draft someone or just flat out sign a guy who could give you the same production at a cheaper salary which is mostly the case at times.

In the 2012 NFL season, there were 26 OLB who played at least half of their teams snaps in a 4-3 D. Of those 26, Wheeler ranked #6 overall. He was #2 in the pass rush with 3 sacks, 14 hits, and 13 hurries. The sacks were #7 and the overall pressures were #2.

He ranked #5 in coverage, and #15 vs the run, and #8 in tackles. He missed 9 tackles in 1043 snaps, tied for #14-17, which was average but, with more plays than most.

Aside from the run and missed tackles, there was nothing average or mediocre in his play. True story.

The 2013 season was completely different. He missed twice as many tackles in 18, was not the same in cover but, did bring pressure on the QB with 1 sack, 4 hits, and 23 hurries, and #3 rank.

Good research on the stats. At the end of the day, that contract isnt worth the play we got out of him. I dont think its possible to restructure after just one year so im thinking they let him go and draft someone or just flat out sign a guy who could give you the same production at a cheaper salary which is mostly the case at times.

Back
Top Bottom