Most expensive Dolphins in 2014 per GO ESPN | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most expensive Dolphins in 2014 per GO ESPN

Get rid of Wheeler, Patterson and Moore for starters. Restructure Wake and Ellerbe (Not sure if Wallace can even be restructured one year into that huge deal).

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

It may not be popular but maybe even trade Wake (might be able to get a first for him. 2nd at the minimum) while he still has value. He was a shell of himself last year overall. I digress, if the new GM is as good at drafting players with the picks we got in trade, as Ireland was, keep him!
Restructuring Wake would be a pretty big slap in the face, considering how little we paid him in his first two years here, and that (arguably) we're still underpaying him. I would think there are better ways to work the roster than alienating your best player.

I like Matt Moore a lot, but given the glaring holes this team needs to fill on the OL, and the fact that we are basically going to need to overpay to fill them, that 5.5 million dollars should probably be recouped. Let me put it this way, Hayden. If that 5.5 million allows you to sign Alex Mack... you politely tell Matt Moore that you'll be happy to explore bringing him back at a lower salary, but that his contract is terminated.

Our situation is so bad that if we have the opportunity to overpay for Monroe and Mack, we should overpay them.

We're do far under the cap that Moore's salary won't come into play. But I agree if it does come down to it, a pay cut is in order.

Moore is an option to release or restructure but, who knows if it will be needed? IF we don't need the cap space, and RT likes working with him, why bother? When a team has $40-50M to spend, what is the reason to look for more until it is needed, and it may very well not be.

I would agree with this if a lot of our current starters were not free agents. We need the money to sign FA help at OL but we have a ton of players who are FA that either need to be resigned or replaced (Solia, Starks, Grimes, Carroll, Clemens). Whatever our number is (I have read between $30-40M), we will go through pretty quick.

I would agree with this if a lot of our current starters were not free agents. We need the money to sign FA help at OL but we have a ton of players who are FA that either need to be resigned or replaced (Solia, Starks, Grimes, Carroll, Clemens). Whatever our number is (I have read between $30-40M), we will go through pretty quick.

Granted, and we cross that bridge with Patterson, Moore, and re-structuring Wallace, etc IF and when needed or, IF the new GM does not want them. There is no reason to talk about it now.

My biggest question is if the new GM is gonna want to keep guys like Grimes. Starks, Soliai, etc.

Most expensive Dolphins in 2014

[h=4]Pricey Players[/h] Here are the 10 most expensive players for Miami in 2014:
Player
'14 Cap Charge
1. WR Mike Wallace$17.25M
2. LB Dannell Ellerbe$7.425M
3. De Cameron Wake$7.285M
4. LB Philip Wheeler$6.4M
5. WR Brian Hartline$6.21M
6. QB Matt Moore$5.5M
7. CB Dimitri Patterson$5.4M
8. DE Dion Jordan$4.676M
9. WR Brandon Gibson$3.735M
10. S Reshad Jones$3.61M
Source: Roster Management System
read more:http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/68570/most-expensive-dolphins-in-2014

If we did not have to eat the cap #, I would cut Wallace. There is no way he is worth $17mil.

Ross should ask ESPN to take the article down, it's embarrassing.

For the simple reasson that we SHOULD actually throw piles of money at players like Mack and Albert or Monroe. We also have to resign Brent Grimes, that is CRITICAL. Cutting Patterson and Moore frees up 10 million dollars to go get them.

Remember, we also need to try to resign Chris Clemons, extend Odrick, replace or resign Nolan Carroll, possibly look at extending Gibson if he's in the teams plans going forward, etc.

And Ryan Tannehill will be due for a contract extension next offseason. Personally, I think he is going to be paid a lot of money because I fully expect him to have a good year.

I'd rather them look for a safety better than Clemons before re-signing him.

Those advocating Wallace restructure after year 1, make Ireland look Einstein like. What FA would want to come MIA and not demand a front loaded FA contract? I can't believe what some people are advocating, while they bashed Ireland when he was here. Just nuts. Not surprising sadly.

How does Moore fit with Philbin's WCO?

Back
Top Bottom