Most Important Quality Tannehill Needs To Show These Last Games... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most Important Quality Tannehill Needs To Show These Last Games...

Mine would be to show LEADERSHIP/BE A FRANCHISE QB and take this team to the next level is by beating the GREAT/GOOD teams.

Starting with the ***triots. He needs to command the offense and needs to put points on the board with all his weapons at his disposal and do it every possession TD's or FG's points will add up. Yes, there will be some hiccups but, the more you get the better it is. I believe by scoring on the 1st drive is huge for this team it builds confidence in them and we have done this the last 2 games and need to continue for success to grow.

He must see the field well and once a receiver cracks open by 2-3 yards down field throw it there don't be afraid just try it every now and then. He needs to watch Cheater and see what exactly he does and copy it in this next game.

Tannehill is a good QB when he has an eminence amount of time it has been proven with OL playing well at times. He has a good arm and throws with great accuracy on the run. When the pocket collapses he needs to step up or escape it and run. He needs to show me this and not take unnecessary sacks and hits the rest of the way. If it is not there throw it away and go to the next down.

Remember Tannehill is 3-1 versus the Pats down in Miami and the Pats struggle mightily in Miami for some reason. The Cheater hates playing the Dolphins in Miami. He just struggles. Wake gets a big smile on his face when he comes down to Miami. Look for Wake to have 2 sacks.

If Tannehill shows all of the above I stated he will and can do it. But, the team also needs to help as well.

Is flawed thinking and imposing himself.

Tannehill has to start having more flawed thinking. He needs to keep doing what he did in the Bills game with Stills and the deep ball to Parker. Throw the contested balls and throw them deep. He's taking more shots the past 2 games than he has in a while. Before he would settle for the check down if the deep route wasn't perfectly open. He finally started trying to impose himself recently with downfield throws even if they aren't perfectly ideal or open. It benefits QBs like Brady, Rodgers, Ben, etc. Once he starts doing that, I think he will be on a much better path.

Tannehill will throw Interceptions most likely then. The thing with him is that he usually has low Int's every season but it comes with a small amount of forced/deep shots. If you look at the top QBs they force the ball downfield and impose themselves few times a game and sometimes throw picks. He needs to keep doing that. Not every play, but a small amount will really help him. It trumps going 3 and out with throws short of the sticks every time.

It will open the offense a lot more and the run game too. Impose himself and don't wait for the perfect situation.

Like I said in the other thread, he isn't taking more deep shots the last two games compared to earlier in season.

His passing charts show he is throwing roughly the same amount of deep shots pre and post injury, though only 2 vs. Colts. For whatever reason, he has been terrible throwing to the right side of field.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/ryan-tannehill/TAN298716/season

Nextgen omitted the game vs. Indy for some reason, here it is.

pass-chart_TAN298716_2018-reg-12_1543192711842.jpeg

I don’t think it’s anything more than maybe some more vertical concepts and tbe opponents. To me Tannehill would have thrown the ball down the field at times as long as coverage and concept dictated it the 5 games he missed.

Nothing really else to say here. Maybe situationally we are seeing some more throws down the field like on 3rd and 8 or 10 plus but those are coverage and route concept dictated primary. Imo.

You guys havnt heard that Gase is going to press hard for Bridgewater in the offseason and we will be cutting Tannehill? This news broke last week.

So therefore I dont care to see Tannehill do anything, he has 4 games left in a Dolphins uniform. Can't believe this is just being so blatantly ignored on FH.

When was the last time he took off on a good scramble? His legs were a good part his game I know his knee is jacked but he needs to at least take off every now and then imo
He's been good running when it's scripted. He's never been good at improvising. He's been good on RPO or bootlegs and stuff like that when that's the play called. He's never been good at extending plays on his own in any kind of regular basis.

You guys havnt heard that Gase is going to press hard for Bridgewater in the offseason and we will be cutting Tannehill? This news broke last week.

So therefore I dont care to see Tannehill do anything, he has 4 games left in a Dolphins uniform. Can't believe this is just being so blatantly ignored on FH.

Then provide a link, genius.

Edit: just did a quick search and of course it's the exact opposite. We'll be looking to sign backups, nothing more.

Last edited:
I heard it on last Thursdays episode of the locked on Dolphins podcast. You can go listen to it... genius. I'm not gonna Google the link for you it's pretty easy to find.

I like that his arm strength seems to be coming back quickly!
That was a good sign.

I definitely want to see aggressiveness downfield, but I think we need to attack intermediary (15-20 yards) much more often. I thought the first drive the last two games we attacked the intermediary more and had success...

Didnt the Pats pretty much play dime against us the first game and dare us to try to run though?

Yep! An Gase and company didn't run the ball and instead tried to throw it against 50+ defenders.

Taking chances downfield still requires blocking to hold up longer than 2 seconds.

I think Tannehill has improved a ton with throwing into tight windows deep. Unfortunately the opportunities to do so have been so limited

I want him out there rolling out, running with the ball, and dealing!

Tell that to the OC.
BTW, I loved the I-Form stuff we ran with the 2 TEs.
I miss that type of football.

BTW, the rollout stuff theoretically takes away half of the throwing field.

Mine would be to show LEADERSHIP/BE A FRANCHISE QB and take this team to the next level is by beating the GREAT/GOOD teams.

Starting with the ***triots. He needs to command the offense and needs to put points on the board with all his weapons at his disposal and do it every possession TD's or FG's points will add up. Yes, there will be some hiccups but, the more you get the better it is. I believe by scoring on the 1st drive is huge for this team it builds confidence in them and we have done this the last 2 games and need to continue for success to grow.

He must see the field well and once a receiver cracks open by 2-3 yards down field throw it there don't be afraid just try it every now and then. He needs to watch Cheater and see what exactly he does and copy it in this next game.

Tannehill is a good QB when he has an eminence amount of time it has been proven with OL playing well at times. He has a good arm and throws with great accuracy on the run. When the pocket collapses he needs to step up or escape it and run. He needs to show me this and not take unnecessary sacks and hits the rest of the way. If it is not there throw it away and go to the next down.

Remember Tannehill is 3-1 versus the Pats down in Miami and the Pats struggle mightily in Miami for some reason. The Cheater hates playing the Dolphins in Miami. He just struggles. Wake gets a big smile on his face when he comes down to Miami. Look for Wake to have 2 sacks.

If Tannehill shows all of the above I stated he will and can do it. But, the team also needs to help as well.

Not sure Tannehill has any real leadership qualities. However, my advice to him would be to go out and sling it and play like it is his last game because one bad hit on that shoulder and it could be. Same advice for Gase. Quit dickin around and go for it. I am tired of waiting for his offense to show some life.

Tell that to the OC.
BTW, I loved the I-Form stuff we ran with the 2 TEs.
I miss that type of football.

BTW, the rollout stuff theoretically takes away half of the throwing field.
Yeah, I know.

Not all the time, just as a staple play in our general offense.

Back
Top Bottom