Most misleading combine performances...

FSU Truth

Toss a coin to your Witcher
☠️ Banned ☠️
Club Member
Reaction score
Mike Gesicki

1582219476026.png

Of all the players selected for this list, Gesicki might be the most unfair to include. He went for 51 catches for 540 yards and five scores this past season. But this production only resulted in a 60.5 receiving grade, as fewer than half of Gesicki’s catches went for first downs and he broke ZERO tackles all season. How it’s possible for someone as explosive as Gesicki to not wriggle free from a single defender on 51 catches, I have no idea.

ZERO BROKEN TACKLES...for ****s sake.

opps...here is the link...

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-draft-most-misleading-combine-performances-of-the-pff-era

Last edited:
I agree,man. On the field he couldn't get much separation. I believe Miami needs to address TE at a high level (high draft pick or FA) because we see how that can help develop a young QB.

That just begs the question why we're throwing so many passes to him underneath the 1st down marker if he can't break tackles.

Seems like a terrible strategic decision for an offense.

That just begs the question why we're throwing so many passes to him underneath the 1st down marker if he can't break tackles.

It does but based on throw time, it may be all we have...

Your implication is spot on. Gesicki is running his assigned routes. One of a few things I didn't like about the OC

I would say 3rd year, watch out. But now he (as are others) is learning a 3rd offense in as many years. He is still going to improve, IMO.

I also saw today that Fitzpatrick had 15 batted passes last year and his receivers had 28 drops in 502 attempts. He was blitzed 192 times and sacked 40 times.

Back
Top Bottom