Most misleading combine performances... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most misleading combine performances...

He looked like he was a member of the Flock of Seagulls band when he first got here.

He looks much more like a football player now.
View attachment 38247
Honestly dont know if thats a photoshopped pic of Gesicki there on the left or.......

But hey, at least the dude defintely improved as a football player last year. Maybe he gets better at yac one of these years

Here we go again shitting in Gesicki in the off season. Same ol crap. Guess someone's bored.

Man some people get really sensitive when it comes to Gesicki... LMAO

Man some people get really sensitive when it comes to Gesicki... LMAO

It's not that it's being sensitive, it's the same argument rehashed over and over. The kid really improved this year and, here we go again shitting on him because he's a great athlete that hasn't yet lived up to his abilities. Which happens at TE. If you've got issues, come with something new. Not the same crap from last year because he sure isn't the same player from last year.

Mike Mamula. He ended up being decent in the NFL but not worthy of his draft selection. He went from being a second-round pick (or later) to a first-rounder simply because of his combine workout. If I remember correctly, he hired somebody to train him specifically for the combine. He was one of the first (if not the first) to do this.

He improved, but he still has a lot of work to do. Why do people get all emotional about average players on a bad team?

What he can do is not “average.” It's not what you see most TEs doing in the league.
The player has elite skill-sets and clearly skill-sets that are not.

Last edited:
Gesicki has elite athletic numbers yet he does seem somewhat clumsy at times, it is almost unnatural the way he moves, with that said, his skills do allow him to do some really nice things, he has good hands, he high points the ball well, the biggest issue is that those crazy combine numbers should have him close to dominating, but they don't.

He is always going to have some limitations, he doesn't block well, is still inconsistent in route running and getting separation. If you add in that your 250 plus pound receiver/TE can't break a tackle...imagine knowing that a single DB can bring down a guy who is suppose to be the physical pass catcher.

It is no different then having a RB who can't pass protect or catch out of the backfield. They are always going to be limited.

Now, it is fine because you can have Gesicki just do what he is good at, and he is very good at that aspect of the game, but he is not an every down TE...he may develop into one, but this is now two season and no real physicality from a position that almost demands it.

I want Gesicki on the roster, I want to see him continue to develop and see if he can put those things together, but you can't just expect people to accept all the good, without discussing the bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You conviently ignored the content of my post.
Do me a favor. If you're not willing to have an honest conversation about the player then let's not any further.

You're post is dishonest and lacks integrity!

He's still average.

That's not a problem either. You need players like that on an NFL roster, but what he lacks will stop him from being an elite tight end.

Man.... he showed he was the same player he was in college last year....just like other players showed they play better with better coaching last year as well.

He's looking like he's going to be a top 10 TE in the NFL, anyone who doesn't see that must be blind.

Gesicki has elite athletic numbers yet he does seem somewhat clumsy at times, it is almost unnatural the way he moves, with that said, his skills do allow him to do some really nice things, he has good hands, he high points the ball well, the biggest issue is that those crazy combine numbers should have him close to dominating, but they don't.

He is always going to have some limitations, he doesn't block well, is still inconsistent in route running and getting separation. If you add in that your 250 plus pound receiver/TE can't break a tackle...imagine knowing that a single DB can bring down a guy who is suppose to be the physical pass catcher.

It is no different then having a RB who can't pass protect or catch out of the backfield. They are always going to be limited.

Now, it is fine because you can have Gesicki just do what he is good at, and he is very good at that aspect of the game, but he is not an every down TE...he may develop into one, but this is now two season and no real physicality from a position that almost demands it.

I want Gesicki on the roster, I want to see him continue to develop and see if he can put those things together, but you can't just expect people to accept all the good, without discussing the bad.

I like Gesicki and see him as a valuable piece. What people seem to forget is there's a reason players are 'average.' Consistently, they're incomplete players. OT? Very good in pass pro, but can't run block. LB? thumper with good instincts, but doesn't have the speed to get to the edge. In this case, Gesicki. Good hands, good size, dangerous receiver, but poor blocker.

Personally, I like average players. Every team is full of them. Teams win with average players. Can they be upgraded? Sure, but it isn't as easy as some think. The mistake some make is comparing a player to a HOFr at the position and thinking, correctly, he has flaws. Flawless players are VERY rare.

Back
Top Bottom