Most under-rated NBA player | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most under-rated NBA player

Caron Butler is underrated...but so are Shawn Marion and Paul Pierce.

My vote goes to Delonte West.

- His FG % is highest among PG's and i believe 2nd or 3rd among all guards.
- His ast to To ratio is solid.
- He blocks shots and stops penetration which is what you want from your PG on D...well the shot blocking is a bonus. Plays the passing lanes reasonably well too.

Nothing he does really stands out but at the same time there's nothing negative you can say about him. Plus hes a fantasy hoops dream because hes a PG who wont kill your %'s or your TO's. :)

My criteria for "underrated" was that the player had to be someone who isnt a star (and by star i mean the elton Brands and Shawn Marions of the world may not get sportscenter highlights but everyone who watches basketball really knows them). It had to be someone who really didnt standout in any area and didnt get a lot of hype. And it had to be someone who wasnt the best player on their team.

FaninPatsyLand said:
The Celtics are going to be GREAT for a long time. Danny Ainge should be arrested for grabbing Ryan Gomes that late in the second round. It was highway robbery..

It's a pleasure to watch a contender develop before our very eyes.

Man I love watching this team.. Tony Allen is returning to form..

I think Perk will be on the block though now with Gomes' rising..

Dwight Howard...i dont here alot about him and he is an amazing rebounded which no one takes into consideration

FiN.in.RI said:
Man I love watching this team.. Tony Allen is returning to form..

I think Perk will be on the block though now with Gomes' rising..

Agreed. With the emergence of Delonte West and Ryan Gomes, I expect Ainge to trade away some of our really young and talented pieces to bring in a superstar that will make us contenders. I think with the way Pierce has played this year, the organization wants to build around him as opposed to the common belief that they wanted to build around the youngsters.

I expect to see some type of package that consists of Perkins/Jefferson/Draft Picks for an All-Star that will fit into our lineup of Pierce, West, Szczerbiak and Gomes. If no action is taken, we could see a situation where the youngsters aren't ready to contend until Pierce's game comes back to earth. He's only going to be at this peak performance for a couple of years... the Celtics need to capitalize on that situation.

Robert Horry gets alot of publicity because of the big shots he makes, but I think it leads many people to forget how good of a player he really is. He's clutch and everyone knows it but he's also a very good player.

Dre3000 said:
Bruce Bowen.Good defensive player coming into his own on offensive side.

Can you say dirty player? Bruce Bowen is one of the most cheapest players in the league.

PressCoverage said:
Tony Parker

Deff. not most people rank him as a top 5 pg in the league ahead of Jason Kidd. I would personally take kidd over him but that's just becuz i'm a Nets fan lol. Sadly most players are ranked on scoring and flash which is wrong because alot of the guys that are doing 360 dunks are guys who can't gaurd a chair or shoot 20-30 times a game.

Ryan Gomes
Brevin Knight
Andres Nocioni
Tayshaun Prince
Stephen Jackson
Chris Kaman
Pau Gasol
Udonis Haslem
T.J. Ford
David West
Channing Frye
Jameer Nelson
Boris Diaw
Shawn Marion
Zach Randolph
Tony Parker
Kenny Thomas
Rashard Lewis
Chris Wilcox
Chris Bosh
Mike James
Caron Butler...I was pissed when L.A traded him.

MARINO1384 said:
Deff. not most people rank him as a top 5 pg in the league ahead of Jason Kidd. I would personally take kidd over him but that's just becuz i'm a Nets fan lol. Sadly most players are ranked on scoring and flash which is wrong because alot of the guys that are doing 360 dunks are guys who can't gaurd a chair or shoot 20-30 times a game.

I've never seen Parker do a 360 dunk, and i'm not positive about this but doesn't he have a fairly high fg %? A couple years ago I would've taken Kidd over Parker but not right now. Duncan has had foot problems although he has seemed to pick up his game the last couple of weeks and Ginobili has battled injuries all year while Tony Parker has been the best player on the Spurs, one of the two best teams in the league. I think he's probably rated by most people fairly, but I think he's only 23 and does not get the national attention that some of the other good young guards get.

Back
Top Bottom