Motorsports | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Motorsports

podium.png

My brother and I shared the podium at Wilmington Raceway Park this past weekend taking 2nd and 3rd. We have raced there together probably 20 different races over the years, and this was the first time we both made the podium pictures. We had a strategy that we followed all day and in the end it worked. Moments like this you never forget because you put so much work into getting the results.

This is the best part of racing. After 18 minutes of racing, I was exhausted and thought I had finished 4th just missing podium. Glued to my brothers bumper for the last 5 laps of race I didn't see that the guy in 2nd ahead of us went off track. I was rewarded for being patient and not trying to make a stupid pass late in race and we both finished on the podium. At scales I went from slightly disappointed to joyous.

It is amazing how this journey into Motorsports has changed my life. Next weekend My brother and I offered our 360 video cameras and our video services to the Buckeye Karting Challenge at Wilmington Raceway Park and were accepted. Instead of racing we will be filming the action from inside the track and posting the action to social media. The series has over 60 sponsors and there will be 200 plus karts at the event. Amazing opportunity that can only lead to more down the road.

mudding.jpg

Pushed it a little too hard yesterday at practice and went off track into giant mud puddle. What a mess! Now I have to tear down the whole kart before next race.

8CF4B2C3-6309-42B7-ACAC-3BFAC3DCE0F4.jpeg
Nakita came back on Sunday determined to win. He won the CIK race starting from 9th and making pass into 1st on last lap. He also took 3rd in Sportman class starting from the back and passing 20 karts.

Our race team's finest hour. 7 years of hard work come to fruition at the country's biggest karting club. Something I'll never forget.

This is 206 racing in a nutshell. If you can partner up, 2 karts always beat 1.
Nikita and Eli work together to move thru pack to the front. Nikita makes last lap pass for the win in our Birel.

Lost concentration for a split second and was off the track.

Our kart takes 2nd place and wins $500 at big money race yesterday. Nikita got edged out at the line for the $1000 to win. Larry Pegram (Flat track motorcycle national champion) beats him to the flag. It was Larry's 50th birthday. The old dog teaching the young one new tricks. What an experience to be part of.

A couple of weeks ago, I took my Historic Nota Sportsman to Gunnedah in NSW for the 6th round of the State Hillclimb titles.

It was the 50th (well 51st actually as the 50th was cancelled due to Covid) anniversary of the State round held there in 1971. I was invited to take part as my late father raced this car there in 1971. There are only 3 drivers/cars that are still about that continue to race from 1971, and dads car is one of them. Funnily enough, the other two drivers/cars back then all raced in the same class with dad, and 50 years later, the three cars/drivers raced again, in the same class. At the end of the day, I won my class for road registered clubman cars, as the other were all on slicks, not road tyres. It was a bloody good weekend.

A couple of weeks ago, I took my Historic Nota Sportsman to Gunnedah in NSW for the 6th round of the State Hillclimb titles.

It was the 50th (well 51st actually as the 50th was cancelled due to Covid) anniversary of the State round held there in 1971. I was invited to take part as my late father raced this car there in 1971. There are only 3 drivers/cars that are still about that continue to race from 1971, and dads car is one of them. Funnily enough, the other two drivers/cars back then all raced in the same class with dad, and 50 years later, the three cars/drivers raced again, in the same class. At the end of the day, I won my class for road registered clubman cars, as the other were all on slicks, not road tyres. It was a bloody good weekend.

Thats a bad ass ride. Looks like a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom