Mt. Rushmore | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
Joe Robbie
Don Shula
Dan Marino
Larry Csonka

I go with Csonka over Griese because Griese missed a good deal of the '72 undefeated season.

Danny Thomas was a character. i believe Flipper splashed water on him and put out his cigar so he sold his interest in the team :chuckle:

true story :rolleyes:

He was raised in my Hometown...Toledo, Oh. We have a crappy park named after him here...His brother lived down the street from me when I was kid. His brother was mean cantankerous old fart, but I don't blame him, we were some pretty honery kids. Had a huge crush on Danny's daugher Marlo Thomas, from That Girl! the old tv show

You really need 5. Extremely difficult to leave out anyone among Robbie, Shula, Csonka, Griese and Marino. Everybody else is a clear notch below, unless you use the Undefeated Season, as already nominated.

I'm amazed so many posters are content to leave out Griese. He was the dependable rock for more than a decade. Our image was smarter and more resourceful than everyone else, and the centerpiece was Griese. Until he replaced Morrall in that '72 AFC Championship Game, I was watching silently, fully expecting to lose. Morrall had lost it against Cleveland a week earlier, other than one 4th quarter launch to Warfield. Morrall had hit a wall. Luckily for the history and legend of our franchise, Shula recognized it in time.

What the heck. I'm never been hesitant to voice it previously. Marino after the San Diego game in late '84 was responsible for the most disgusting football in our franchise's history. Absolutely sickening, other than the opportunity to isolate games to confidently bet against. Pantyhose passing team in an age of fortified NFC brutes. Disgraceful displays like 8 rushing attempts in that '94 loss at San Diego, despite leading the entire game, often by wide margin.

I can't reward a cupcake like Marino with a spot on that wall. Put him in that hidden Mount Rushmore chamber, whatever it is. Some type of obscure hall of records. That's Marino, nothing but records, many of them long gone.

You have been saying some pretty stupid things lately, but this takes the cake by a wide margin.

Get ****ing REAL. Marino is the best player in the history of the game. Calling Marino a cupcake is grounds for a banning. Why dont you just stay off the interwebz and go hang around the shuffleboard courts with the rest of your crowd and talk about how great everything was in the 70s man.

The three auto includes are Marino, Shula, and Robbie in that order. The 4th is probably Czonka.

You guys are taking the easy way out by putting our Owner in there. How about a Mt. Rushmore of only the players?

Griese , Csonka and Marino are easy = Washington, Jefferson and Lincoln. Who's the fourth? Who's our Teddy Roosevelt? We have 5 other players in the NFL Hall of Fame. How about including a tough guy in the trenches like tough guy Roosevelt. Maybe Larry Little? Dwight Stephenson?

Since this is the age of electronics, down to televising non-existent logos on fields and ad banners on walls, I'm gonna make my Mt Rushmore an electronic one as follows:

Permanent:
Robbie, Shula, Marino

Alternating 4th facing every week:
Czonk, Griese, Jake Scott, Dwight Stephenson, Paul Warfield and Zach Thomas

From left to right from a viewer's perspective:

Don't Shula - jaw jutting out majestically
Dan Marino - magnificence takes center stage
Larry Csonka - eyes of steel striking fear into all
Joe Robbie - overlooking the wonder he created and smiling at all the joy he brought us

We are lucky to have had more than 4 worthy of Mt. Rushmore, but those would be my 4.

Marino
Shula
Czonka
Jason Taylor / Zach Thomas Merged Design..lol.

Marino after the San Diego game in late '84 was responsible for the most disgusting football in our franchise's history. Absolutely sickening, other than the opportunity to isolate games to confidently bet against. Pantyhose passing team in an age of fortified NFC brutes. Disgraceful displays like 8 rushing attempts in that '94 loss at San Diego, despite leading the entire game, often by wide margin.

I can't reward a cupcake like Marino with a spot on that wall. Put him in that hidden Mount Rushmore chamber, whatever it is. Some type of obscure hall of records. That's Marino, nothing but records, many of them long gone.

Hate to see you left out, so if I have the time , I will make you a Mt. Rushmore featuring 80's and 90's super studs, Freeman Mcneil and Ken O'brien with sanchez and namath on the sides.

the Jets Mount Rushmore would be a lonely place :idk:

Joe Namath all by himself i'm afraid. That's it.

Weeb Ewbank ?

I kind of like the sound of Mt Namath. it would have twin peaks in the shape of a ****tail waitress.

Back
Top Bottom