My biggest fear | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My biggest fear

article-1883.jpg

It's true, we could lose to Washington. Then again, I don't think any team will go winless this year, and I'm hoping we can win at least 1 game and still claim the #1 overall pick. Regardless, we need one of the top three picks, and if we can get one of those, we'll find our QB. I take it that you're not a Rosen fan, or else that wouldn't be such a fear.

If the Redskins win the top pick, they'll probably trade it for a king's ransom, I just hope it's not us paying the price. The biggest advantage about getting the top pick is that we can keep our franchise-changing war chest of picks. If we do all this and end up dithering it away trading up, I'll go apoplectic. That's probably my greatest fear, that we'll do all this to get those draft picks and burn them trading up for a spot we're so clearly angling to get for free.

Are Eric Rowe and Jomol Wiltz healthy? If so, we've got this loss in the bag.

There are some really bad teams this year. Miami, Cincy and the Jets may be the worst. Throw in Washington as well.

It would be hard to survive this tank and end up with the #2 overall pick. That said, I want to at least see the Dolphins win one game.

It's true, we could lose to Washington. Then again, I don't think any team will go winless this year, and I'm hoping we can win at least 1 game and still claim the #1 overall pick. Regardless, we need one of the top three picks, and if we can get one of those, we'll find our QB. I take it that you're not a Rosen fan, or else that wouldn't be such a fear.

If the Redskins win the top pick, they'll probably trade it for a king's ransom, I just hope it's not us paying the price. The biggest advantage about getting the top pick is that we can keep our franchise-changing war chest of picks. If we do all this and end up dithering it away trading up, I'll go apoplectic. That's probably my greatest fear, that we'll do all this to get those draft picks and burn them trading up for a spot we're so clearly angling to get for free.
Right now, the coaching staff might be my biggest fear. No doubt Miami seriously lacks on talent, especially on the offensive side of the ball. I also factor in that the team has played Baltimore, New England, Dallas and the Chargers. That's a tough stretch. Still, the fact that the Dolphins have been blown out each week makes me seriously wonder about the coaching staff. Halftime adjustments in particular.

The Dolphins better just lose to the Redskins to make sure they have the inside track to the #1 pick. If it takes the Dolphins going 0-16 to get the #1 pick then they better do it.
**** that! I don't care if a clone of Dan Marino is declaring for the draft ... Hard pass on Historic 0-16

Honestly, 2-14 (both wins over Jets) will get it done. ;)

Right now, the coaching staff might be my biggest fear. No doubt Miami seriously lacks on talent, especially on the offensive side of the ball. I also factor in that the team has played Baltimore, New England, Dallas and the Chargers. That's a tough stretch. Still, the fact that the Dolphins have been blown out each week makes me seriously wonder about the coaching staff. Halftime adjustments in particular.
True. Let's think back to our last new regime. Gase said it would take about 5 games for the guys to learn his new systems, and he was right. Starting at game 6 of that first season, we saw remarkably better play from everyone, and we started to string together some wins. I'm not expecting the wins this year--we've stripped the team of talent and veterans. But, I am expecting more competency. Granted, we were blown out the first couple of games, allowing a 40-burger and an outrageous 59 points in the opener, but in the last two games we have only allowed 31 and 30 points, which while not ideal, is an NFL score. I think we're starting to see the team begin to learn the systems, and the coaches instruction is beginning to take hold. Let's check back in mid-way through the season and see how the coaches are doing.

My biggest fear: that Flo, The Gecko, Cheryl (from her SheShed), Doug and LimoEmo enter a death match cage .... and someone actually survives :shrug:

Even if they do get the #1 pick, do you think they give up on Haskins already and draft another QB?

I’m not worried about Washington taking Tua. What I’m worried about is what they would want to trade up for the pick. I like Tua but I like my draft picks better.

Belicheat in his first year as HC couldn't have coached this team to wins. Let's calm down the overreaction.

**** that! I don't care if a clone of Dan Marino is declaring for the draft ... Hard pass on Historic 0-16

Honestly, 2-14 (both wins over Jets) will get it done. ;)

I don't see 2-14 getting the #1 pick. There are too many bad teams in the league this season. You have the Dolphins, Redskins, Jets, Bengals, Steelers, Cardinals, and Broncos all winless right now.

After seeing Haskins isn't ready, don't they turn to Colt McCoy?

I heard or read that somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom