My Opinion of Feeley | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Opinion of Feeley

DeDolfan said:
They didn't dumb it down? You mean to tell me he was running the exact same O that McNabb was?? I don't think so.
Yes that's exactly what I mean and exactly what Reid said. Whether you think so or not is irrelevant.

inFINSible said:
Yes that's exactly what I mean and exactly what Reid said. Whether you think so or not is irrelevant.

You know, I don't care who said what. Anyone that watches football can clearly see that feeley can not run the same type of O that McNabb does. You know, Wanny says alot of crap that we all know isn't so either. It is all pretty much "canned" responses anyway so they don't have to just delve into the thing at the moment. But what your saying is like saying that Feeley can run the same O as mike vick also. Ain't happening in our lifetimes. ;)

Thanks Infins! Did AJ run any playaction? I know they said they are focusing on that at QB school.

DeDolfan said:
You know, I don't care who said what.
Which is exactly why I'm not even going to bother discussing this with you.

It doesn't take a track star to run a WCO....

DeDolfan said:
You know, I don't care who said what. Anyone that watches football can clearly see that feeley can not run the same type of O that McNabb does. You know, Wanny says alot of crap that we all know isn't so either. It is all pretty much "canned" responses anyway so they don't have to just delve into the thing at the moment. But what your saying is like saying that Feeley can run the same O as mike vick also. Ain't happening in our lifetimes. ;)

You say that like the Eagles run an offense where the quarterback runs first.

rafael said:
Thanks Infins! Did AJ run any playaction? I know they said they are focusing on that at QB school.
Sorry, I missed this....:huh: I'm gonna be honest and tell you that I never even looked for that....:hitself: Maybe someone else will pick up on that.....sorry.

inFINSible said:
Sorry, I missed this....:huh: I'm gonna be honest and tell you that I never even looked for that....:hitself: Maybe someone else will pick up on that.....sorry.

Dam you inFINS!!!! :yell: now your whole analysis is for nothing................. :D

Great job ;)
Remember all, nobody is saying the guy will be the next Marino, just that he looks good enough to beat out Feidler and be more productive. If he turns out to be more than it's a bonus. If not well we can all start talking about a new coach for next year. ;)

Great post. The best part? The weaknesses you list are all coachable and correctable with experience. Hey I will admit I am excited about AJ from teh start when we got him after reading some things about him. He seems to have that intangible you look for. Yeah seems and does are 2 diff things. But anyway, what you posted InFins provides a positive yet realistic picture. Thanks for the insight.

See DeDolph, that is why I become a smartazz, Reid says they kept the whole offense in and then people watch teh film in slow mo, fwd and rwd and nope you who havent done the same know better than they do? Oookk. Look I am not picking, but it is more reasonable to state that you find it hard to believe. Not there is no way as if it were fact that they didnt keep it the same. If the offense was designed for the qb to run then yeah teh O would have to change for AJ. But I do remember that Monday nite game he played and I remember several rollouts to teh right. The WCO offense is not built around a running qb, it centered around a mobile qb, the 2 are diff. Vick does not run teh WCO, well not til this year. So how exactly do you know they dumbed down the offense, you got someone on the inside? And dont say anyone with knowledge would know, cause I would say InFins has and others have shown the intellect as it relates to football.

Thanks for the work INFIN. Although we don't always agree, I know a lot of us appreciate the passion you bring to the Fins.

I am curious if any of the games you watched were the loss to the only good team, or were they all the wins over the weak teams?

I am curious how he performed against better competition and how he handled the pressure.

fin-atic said:
Thanks for the work INFIN. Although we don't always agree, I know a lot of us appreciate the passion you bring to the Fins.

I am curious if any of the games you watched were the loss to the only good team, or were they all the wins over the weak teams?

I am curious how he performed against better competition and how he handled the pressure.

He mentioned the Giants.

What about ball positioning, Feeley puts the ball where it needs to . I think that could a diference with Jay, Feeley places the ball a lot better than Jay. Meaning the WR´s don´t have to adjust too much to feeley´s ball, as with Jay they always have to do something extra,

at the nfl official web site there are some videos form feeley , go to the eagles page and under the video 2002 section you can find some tape

Yeah, I watched the Giants game closely. As I mentioned earlier there were 8 drops by his receivers in that game. It was cold but AJ was throwing the ball pretty well still. He didn't make any mistakes throughout regulation and he put the Eagles in position to win if Akers hits a 36 yarder as time winds down.

He threw an INT in OT, that the Giants took 41 yards in 7 plays to win the game.

Feeley = Griese w/o Experience

I have no idea where some pundits have come up with the idea that Feeley = Fiedler. Based on the tape I saw of Feeley in Phili and the video snippets of Feeley at camp, AJ reminds me of Brian Griese without experience.

If you put Brian behind a great line like he enjoyed in Denver and give him time to find the receivers, then Griese could hit all the passes with touch and dissect a defense. However, once the line broke down and the pass rush started getting to Brian, the immobile Griese did not use the pocket well and could not make the passes necessary to move the team.

In Phili, Feeley enjoyed great pass protection and hit some sweet passes. However, when that pass protection broke down, so did Feeley and the entire offense. See the Giants finale...

Additionally, Feeley had the luxury of facing four subpar defenses. Only the Giants had a top ten defense and they completely shut down Feeley and the Phili O.

In contrast, the AFC Beast will present Feeley with three above average defenses which range from very good (Jets) to great (Pats). Feeley will have to move against those defenses (as well as others like the Titans, Steelers, Bengals and Ravens) behind an OL with four new players. Good luck...

Finally, infinsible was correct about Feeley's lack of touch with short passes. These are supposed to be high percentage passes which make up a good chunk of a QB's workload in today's game. Part of the reason Feeley has such a poor passer rating as a starter (about 72) is that he has problems in this area.

From the video clips and reports from the camp provided by some wonderful posters here, Feeley appears to be behind where Brian Griese was on the learning curve last year. I truly can't see how a few additional QB camps are going to make up for the four seasons of experience which Griese brought to the Dolphins. From the standpoint of experience, Feeley is more like Lucas coming in for the 2001 season.

I truly do not see how Feeley takes Fiedler's job during this preseason or keep the job if Fiedler came back from yet another injury.

Back
Top Bottom