My Opinion of Feeley | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Opinion of Feeley

Justasportsfan said:
I agree. I think Fiedler keeps his job and Feely comes in eventually, maybe next year. I doubt Feely can carry this team in his first year. Fiedler may not have all the physical tools, but his familiarity with the team is what will make him keep the job.
Of course you would agree Justa. I seriously doubt you would come on here and say that you think the is going to be the move that puts the phins over the top! UNless of course you were being sarcastic.

I don't know if Feeley will be the star QB out of the gates, but I feel he will be the starter and doing well by mid-season. I hope he is better quicker, but time will tell.

As for comparing to Griese... that is silly. The only similarities are a strong arm and not the most mobile. The decision making is vastly different, the release is quicker, and most importantly (imo) Feeley can take a hit and still hold onto the ball!

Oboy said:
Of course you would agree Justa. I seriously doubt you would come on here and say that you think the is going to be the move that puts the phins over the top! UNless of course you were being sarcastic.
Wrong! If it means anything, Fiedler has an unbeaten record against the bills :rolleyes:

Feely does not know the AFCE like Fiedler does. In a division where 1 game could make a difference , bringing in Feely too early could be a problem. Even if Feely does well in training camp, he hasn't gone to battle with this team like Fiedler has. They both face the same D at training camp but only Fiedler has played other defenses against other teams in the regular season.

Then again, a new OC and a new OL could be a problem for Fiedler but I doubt it. Remember, Rob Johnson had the arm and potential (Feely)but Flutie had the experience that spelled the difference. Whether it applies in this situation, we'll have to wait and see.

In all honesty, I'd rather have Feely start against the bills. He doesn't know the intensity of the rivalry in our division. He may have heard of it, but I doubt he's felt it.

I guess we both feel that Feeley won't come out real strong, but the difference is I think he will be fine by the middle of the season and you say that he won't be there for the first year.

Oboy said:
I guess we both feel that Feeley won't come out real strong, but the difference is I think he will be fine by the middle of the season and you say that he won't be there for the first year.
I said, "eventually" and "maybe".

a couple of things to add....
First of all, through exhaustive research *cough*NFL.com*cough*

The Giants weren't the best defense that Feeley faced. The Redskins defense was ranked 5th in the league, while New york was 10th. Feeley was 16/28 220 2 1 against the 'skins. Dallas, Washington, and St louis all had better rushing defenses than the Giants.

Second,as far as dumbing down the offense goes....I got this from a friend on the Eagles board....
there's a local television talk show on every weekday at 5PM...a sports show. Roundtable discussion. During football season, a LOT of the conversation revolves around football. One of the regular guests is a guy who works at NFL Films...Howard Cosell's nephew. He's a real stickler for film study, and his evaluation (which I don't *entirely* agree with, but I understand his general point) was that Feeley actually ran the offense better than McNabb did. That doesn't mean he's the better quarterback, just that things were done more in the manner in which they were drawn up, that he stayed within the framework designed and did things correctly.

Now that, along with the FACT that Reid said that he didn't change the offense at all, leads me to believe that DeDolfan can type until he's blue in the face but it doesn't change the fact that he's wrong.

inFINSible said:
a couple of things to add....
First of all, through exhaustive research *cough*NFL.com*cough*

The Giants weren't the best defense that Feeley faced. The Redskins defense was ranked 5th in the league, while New york was 10th. Feeley was 16/28 220 2 1 against the 'skins. Dallas, Washington, and St louis all had better rushing defenses than the Giants.

Second,as far as dumbing down the offense goes....I got this from a friend on the Eagles board....

Now that, along with the FACT that Reid said that he didn't change the offense at all, leads me to believe that DeDolfan can type until he's blue in . the face but it doesn't change the fact that he's wrong.

Whatever, InFins. he said that she said............ yes, pretty brillant. What FACT is it that you're talking about anyway? Something someone else on another MB said? Did you read my other post about what Reid said? Apparently not. In short, i said that he didn't "have to change" anything. The whole offense contains every play for every situation that may come up. Even for different personell. It doesn't mean that they ran everything the way they would with McNabb. Why is it so hard for you to understand that. Even Wannstedt doesn't run the same plays with lucas or griese cuz neither can do all of the same things that Fiedler does well. You have to admit, it would be pretty stupid for Reid to run the exact same plays with Feeley as he does with mcNabb. I don't care how much football sense one has, that just would not work. But mind you, different plays can be run within the same entire offense tho. Reid didn't lie about it. He just never told the whole story either. It's just media fodder, that's all.

DeDolfan said:
Whatever, InFins. he said that she said............ yes, pretty brillant. What FACT is it that you're talking about anyway? Something someone else on another MB said? Did you read my other post about what Reid said? Apparently not. In short, i said that he didn't "have to change" anything. The whole offense contains every play for every situation that may come up. Even for different personell. It doesn't mean that they ran everything the way they would with McNabb. Why is it so hard for you to understand that. Even Wannstedt doesn't run the same plays with lucas or griese cuz neither can do all of the same things that Fiedler does well. You have to admit, it would be pretty stupid for Reid to run the exact same plays with Feeley as he does with mcNabb. I don't care how much football sense one has, that just would not work. But mind you, different plays can be run within the same entire offense tho. Reid didn't lie about it. He just never told the whole story either. It's just media fodder, that's all.
This statement says that you agree that they didn't dumb down the offense so what was your reasoning for disagreeing with me when I said the same thing??

DeDolfan said:

I have to disagree. The only play I could imagine them not calling would be a quarterback draw. That isn't a play that they call often. The Eagles have a type of offense where McNabb's legs are a plus and not needed to run the offense.

inFINSible said:
This statement says that you agree that they didn't dumb down the offense so what was your reasoning for disagreeing with me when I said the same thing??

Nice try, but you weren't saying the same thing. You said that they didn't dumb it down as if feeley was running the same things mcNabb was. If that's not what you meant, then you should've said som'n about 40/11 posts ago and we could have avoided all of this. i was taking it that you meant that Feeley was running the "complete" O and I was trying to explain that he wasn't. The main point I was making is that mcNabb is capable of running every play in their entire playbook where as feeley cannot. maybe this is just another one of those PC world things and i'd be willing to bet that if we were sitting down together, eye to eye, just talking about it, this would never have happened. Not that we would necessarily have agreed on everything, but we would have had a better understanding of it at least. And I do apologize for any misunderstandings tho. ;)

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I have to disagree. The only play I could imagine them not calling would be a quarterback draw. That isn't a play that they call often. The Eagles have a type of offense where McNabb's legs are a plus and not needed to run the offense.

I understand what you're saying and that's OK. But the eagles do have a number of plays designed for mcNabb to run on a roll out. If he is cut off, he has his WRs down field to go to instead. If it's open, he'll take it on the ground. What makes this so effective for the Eagles is that McNabb throws much better on the run, for some reason. It keeps the D "honest" and leaves them guessing which side he'll roll to. You know, if he rolls left, there's a better chance he'll tuck it in rather than throw against his body, etc. Rolling right, well, it's pick your poison, sort of. That's the cause of our "argument" as i was trying to explain that Feeley simply is not capable of creting that same thing McNabb will. They'll sit back on the wRS and dare him to run, much like the Ds stack 9 in the box on us and daring Fiedler to throw. pretty much the same thing. ;)

Great article. Living in Jersey, I asked some of my co workers who are Eagle fans about Feeley. They liked him, they think he will be a good QB once he gets some games under his belt. They say he has a good arm and hits his receivers in stride (unlike Fiedler). I guess we will have to be patience and give him some time. Hope it works out.

DeDolfan said:
Nice try, but you weren't saying the same thing. You said that they didn't dumb it down as if feeley was running the same things mcNabb was. If that's not what you meant, then you should've said som'n about 40/11 posts ago and we could have avoided all of this. i was taking it that you meant that Feeley was running the "complete" O and I was trying to explain that he wasn't. The main point I was making is that mcNabb is capable of running every play in their entire playbook where as feeley cannot. maybe this is just another one of those PC world things and i'd be willing to bet that if we were sitting down together, eye to eye, just talking about it, this would never have happened. Not that we would necessarily have agreed on everything, but we would have had a better understanding of it at least. And I do apologize for any misunderstandings tho. ;)
There are certain plays that Philly runs whether Mcnabb or any other QB is in there. If they took out any "special" McNabb plays, I'm sure it was a very small percentage of the overall playbook. I still wouldn't call that dumbing down the playbook. The meat of their overall offense was still available to them and that's what they ran. With quite a few designed rollouts.;) :cool:

DeDolfan said:
I understand what you're saying and that's OK. But the eagles do have a number of plays designed for mcNabb to run on a roll out. If he is cut off, he has his WRs down field to go to instead. If it's open, he'll take it on the ground. What makes this so effective for the Eagles is that McNabb throws much better on the run, for some reason. It keeps the D "honest" and leaves them guessing which side he'll roll to. You know, if he rolls left, there's a better chance he'll tuck it in rather than throw against his body, etc. Rolling right, well, it's pick your poison, sort of. That's the cause of our "argument" as i was trying to explain that Feeley simply is not capable of creting that same thing McNabb will. They'll sit back on the wRS and dare him to run, much like the Ds stack 9 in the box on us and daring Fiedler to throw. pretty much the same thing. ;)

Actually McNabb throws much better when he is moving forward. He has a rating of over 110 while moving forward. Unfortunatly for the Eagles it is hard to design plays where McNabb runs forward.

Back
Top Bottom