My opinion on the Joe Philbin interview | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My opinion on the Joe Philbin interview

I'll have to remember this one...someone claiming Sparano and Wannstedt are better coaches than Philbin. Hilarious.

They're all ****ty coaches and you're trying to insinuate that Philbin is somehow above them? I think THAT is hilarious.

They're all ****ty coaches and you're trying to insinuate that Philbin is somehow above them? I think THAT is hilarious.

Insinuate? I'll just come right out and say it, and you can quote me. Philbin is a better coach than Sparano and Wannstedt.

I will post this only once:

Philbin took responsibility for the environment and blamed himself for not being involved more in the locker room.

Just remember. Bill Bellichek drafted a soon to be convicted murder of not one, but two people AND gave him a 40 million dollar contract. Sean Payton knowingly allowed a head hunting extravaganza with his team. Both are still employed and have their ass kissed by the media. Don't get into the media hype of Philbin being a bad coach. he made mistakes and he needs to correct them. End of story.

Both run great offensive schemes and their best quality isn't "organization".

I'll have to remember this one...someone claiming Sparano and Wannstedt are better coaches than Philbin. Hilarious.

Actually it isn't hilarious that our current coach is worse than 2 ****ty previous coaches. As bad as they were, I would without a doubt take both Sparano and Wannstedt over Philbin on gamedays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Insinuate? I'll just come right out and say it, and you can quote me. Philbin is a better coach than Sparano and Wannstedt.

Two mediocre coaches who made the playoffs and our current coach who hasn't made it... yeah, they're all equally bad... and actually, I'd consider Philbin the worst in-game and game-day manager of the three.

Actually it isn't hilarious that our current coach is worse than 2 ****ty previous coaches. As bad as they were, I would without a doubt take both Sparano and Wannstedt over Philbin on gamedays.

I'll bookmark this statement for you

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Two mediocre coaches who made the playoffs and our current coach who hasn't made it... yeah, they're all equally bad... and actually, I'd consider Philbin the worst in-game and game-day manager of the three.

You think Wanny and Sparano were mediocre? Serious question: do you watch NFL football games?

Beg to differ:
Wanny slowly but inextricably ran down JJ's team to the point of suckage; beyond that his optimisitic "we'll get it fixed, not a big deal" post-game pressers made me want to jump through the TV and strangle him. The Meatball is as dumb as a box of rocks. I have come to firmly believe that his one year "turnaround" thanks to NoodleArm (and because of him it didn't extend into the playoffs) was largely due to having Parcells through an ear transmitter callling the plays. Frankly I'd take Stevie Wonder over Sparano on any given game day

Sorry IF you don't like my opinion move on. I know if I was interested in anything you had said over your last 25 K posts I would remember one of them..Who are you?
He is one of the Administrator's favorites. He doesn't criticize. If you criticize around here, it is frowned upon. And God help you if you predict something negative and it comes to fruition.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

You think Wanny and Sparano were mediocre? Serious question: do you watch NFL football games?

Please do! Be sure to bring it up either way it goes down!

I don't want to get into a pissing argument with someone trying to defend Philbin. Not worth it. They're all **** coaches. The fact that you think Philbin is any different tells me all I need to know.

Beg to differ:
Wanny slowly but inextricably ran down JJ's team to the point of suckage; beyond that his optimisitic "we'll get it fixed, not a big deal" post-game pressers made me want to jump through the TV and strangle him. The Meatball is as dumb as a box of rocks. I have come to firmly believe that his one year "turnaround" thanks to NoodleArm (and because of him it didn't extend into the playoffs) was largely due to having Parcells through an ear transmitter callling the plays. Frankly I'd take Stevie Wonder over Sparano on any given game day

Keyword: "on gamedays"

No doubt Wanny was the genesis of our horrid decline with all the **** moves he made to destroy the team, but on gamedays, as dumb as he could be at times, he was still able to show more than Philbin has at this point. And Sparano, while his concept of offense was archaic, at least he had an identity. And he had a strong grasp f the lockerroom and players that Philbin could only dream to achieve at this point

He is one of the Administrator's favorites. He doesn't criticize. If you criticize around here, it is frowned upon. And God help you if you predict something negative and it comes to fruition.

Sounds like you feel you're not getting your money'$ worth on this site. Maybe you should request a refund and then boycott it to make a point :idk: Ya think?

Keyword: "on gamedays"

No doubt Wanny was the genesis of our horrid decline with all the **** moves he made to destroy the team, but on gamedays, as dumb as he could be at times, he was still able to show more than Philbin has at this point. And Sparano, while his concept of offense was archaic, at least he had an identity. And he had a strong grasp f the lockerroom and players that Philbin could only dream to achieve at this point

Wanny disgusts me more than most. He was a legacy hire that a part time JJ bamboozled over a clueless garbageman. He was uniformly hated in Chicago and it took years to dig out from under him. His Polyanna "we'll fix it and get better" Rainmanish presses were pathetic in their predictability. The fact that he failed with us, then failed with Pitt then failed as a DC with Buffalo is all you want to know about how good he really was using a "retrospective."

I can think of about 5 games off the top of my head that Sparano cost us between FG decisions, clock mi9s-management and il-timed time outs. One notable one is that TO against NO right before the first half ended. To his credit, WV was calling out his cluelessness starting in his second year which for the rest of us was a honeymoon period. He also threw his players under the bus for poor execution of dinosaur Henning's play-calling that was so predictable our opponents were laughing about being right on 4 out of 4 anticipated plays rather than bouncing Henning; it took nationally televised humiliations for him to fire Pasqualoni and then the ST coach whose name escapes me. He was an embarrassment during pressers offering no concrete or constructive insight and peppering his awkward speech patois with countless "at the end of the day"s" and "ya know's". And I do believe during the last year he did lose some players' support also including Reggie's.

So while everything tends to look better through your rear view mirror the more miles away you travel, Sparano without Parcells was almost right up there with Cam Cameron. You're entitled to your opinion certainly but mine is that comparing the coaching chops of The Meatball to Joe Philbin resonates about as loudly as comparing the acting chops of Lindsay Lohan to Meryl Streep :idk:

so from what I understand from all you guys bashing Phil in is that he's a crappy coach because he doesn't scream like a raging lunatic of throw his headset on the sideline? When we score a TD u want him to run all the way to the end zone and chest bump the player who scored? after a win should he be doing pull ups from the field goal crossbar in his underwear?

Back
Top Bottom