Najee Harris will be at the senior bowl! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Najee Harris will be at the senior bowl!

So who are all these “great” receivers that we can draft in the 2nd round?

I will love to hear from you
That’s the thing. A receiver like Smith by his numbers and award is head and shoulder above all of them. The Dolphins biggest weakness is at the receiver position. What’s the problem?

Not sure what everyone is seeing Jevonte Williams but his ceiling seems much lower than Najee. The kid can run but I dont see him as a homerun threat in the NFL.
Do you see Najee Harris as a homerun threat in the NFL?

l6vlo88sxbw31.png

Well

Well just look up the best WRs in the league and see where they were drafted.

Let's start with the teams still in the playoffs. Tyreek Hill not a first rounder
Davante Adams not a first rounder
Stefon Diggs not a first rounder
Chris Godwin not a first rounder

Mike Evans 1st rounder

How about teams that made the playoffs?
Allen Robinson not a 1st rounder
TY Hilton not a first rounder
Dionte Johnson, Claypool, Smith Schuster not first rounders
AJ Brown not a first rounder
Michael Thomas not a first rounder
DK Metcalf, Tyler Lockett not a first rounder
Terry mcClaurin not a first rounder
Robert Woods, copper Kupp not first rounder
Jarvis Landry not a first rounder

OBJ and Corey Davis 1st rounders

If our front office can't draft skill position players outside the first round then we are in trouble.

Well

Let's start with the teams still in the playoffs. Tyreek Hill not a first rounder

Mike Evans 1st rounder

If our front office can't draft skill position players outside the first round then we are in trouble.
I'm not following the bouncing ball here. Coming in on the back-end of your thought.

Who are you suggesting we take in the 1st round?

Not a fan of Etienne. Production is not elite this year and size is not elite. At any spot in the draft 1 throuh 270+, Id rather have Brian Robinson ALA, for example.
Wow. Bro he had an off year bc our OL was super young. We had replaced 4 starters from the year before plus we had TLaw at QB so he was the featured guy but Etienne is who made our offense go. He’s the ALL TIME leading rusher in ACC history. His pass receiving skills are off the charts good for a college tailback. He’s plenty big enough at 5’11 210. He’s a much more powerful runner than this board thinks and he’s going to rip off a 40 in the 4.4s at the combine. He has great speed and runs with a will to punish defenders. Anybody that would take Brian Robinson over him is out of their mind. If people want to advocate for Harris over him that’s fine I can at least entertain that even though I still think TE is better but a Brian Robinson? Wow. TE is Alvin Kamara made over with better pass blocking skills.

Terrance Marshall from LSU may very well end up the best WR out of this draft. He goes 6’3/6’4 and can flat out run.

RonDale Moore from Purdue is speed and quicks. Dude will be a superb slot WR in the pros.

Amon-Ra St Brown from USC is another guy that isn’t elite at any one thing but does everything well.

Elijah Moore from Ole Miss is another quick guy that probably fits in the slot but may very well have outside WR skills.

Point is theys a bunch of really good WRs in this draft that can be had in rounds 2 and 3. I didn’t even mention a guy like Amari Rodgers from Clemson or Tylan a Wallace from Oklahoma St. All these guys are really talented players and are more than capable of coming in and impacting our offense immediately.

I'm not following the bouncing ball here. Coming in on the back-end of your thought.

Who are you suggesting we take in the 1st round?

I haven't made that determination yet, I like Smith and Chase but I feel like we can and should trade down a few spots from #3. its unfortunate there is no Chase Young or Myles Garrett in this draft class.

but my point above was drafting a WR #3 overall isnt great value, given the number of talented WR's drafted outside the 1st round, let alone in the top 3.

Last edited:
Wow. Bro he had an off year bc our OL was super young. We had replaced 4 starters from the year before plus we had TLaw at QB so he was the featured guy but Etienne is who made our offense go. He’s the ALL TIME leading rusher in ACC history. His pass receiving skills are off the charts good for a college tailback. He’s plenty big enough at 5’11 210. He’s a much more powerful runner than this board thinks and he’s going to rip off a 40 in the 4.4s at the combine. He has great speed and runs with a will to punish defenders. Anybody that would take Brian Robinson over him is out of their mind. If people want to advocate for Harris over him that’s fine I can at least entertain that even though I still think TE is better but a Brian Robinson? Wow. TE is Alvin Kamara made over with better pass blocking skills.
If Harris is similar to Etienne, wouldn't you prefer the guy who's 230lbs?

If Harris is similar to Etienne, wouldn't you prefer the guy who's 230lbs?
Harris can play and I’d be ok with it. But if given the choice between the 2 I want TE for all the reasons I stated. Size for backs are overrated to me. That’s just to me unless a guy is just like tiny. But I think 5’11 210 is plenty big enough. Also I’m iffy on Alabama tailbacks. Ever since Trent Richardson it just scares me a little bit. I know Josh Jacobs looks good so far. But like Mark Ingram I know he’s been solid for sure but not spectacular. Not for where he was drafted but again I’m sure other people view it different.

I look at it like this Najee Harris ceiling is Derrick Henry. Travis Etienne ceiling is Alvin Kamara. No knock against Henry but I’d rather have Kamara if given the choice bc Kamara can be used in a variety of ways. He’s a Swiss Army knife. Henry is a great pound teams into submission tailback but that’s really the only way he can beat you and you need a line that’s more slanted to run blocking for the Henry type to work. With Kamara he can be utilized between the tackles. He can run off tackle and outside and break away. He can line up in the slot and hurt you. Plus in Etiennes case he doubles as a kick/punt returner. So to me I think TE will be more valuable.

Well

Mike Evans 1st rounder

LOL "If our front office can't draft skill position players outside the first round then we are in trouble."

Now, List all the other reciever in the time frame of what you've posted here that aren't stars in the league....Then tell us again about how bad our front office is if they can't blah blah blah!

That punt/kick return stuff is worthless with a rb shouldn’t impact a grade at all. That goes for any position unless the guys strictly a returner in which case downgrade

if Etienne runs tbru contact at the kamara rate in the pros I will eat my shorts. Probably my one biggest issue with that comp. don’t get it twisted kamara is a bull for his size

although kamara didn’t run thru contact in college at his pro clip either

Back
Top Bottom