Najee Harris | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Najee Harris

I wouldn't be shocked, despite what some of you say, if no RB goes in the first 32, and then there's on early run on them during picks 33-40!

It could easily happen, my vibe is Harris for sure in the first. We'll know soon. I hope we draft well and land some playmakers on both side of the ball. We really are stacked with picks so I'm counting on it to happen. Don't try to be the smartest guy in the room, just draft great players. I hope we all are super happy with the draft results, what are the odds of that?

It could easily happen, my vibe is Harris for sure in the first. We'll know soon. I hope we draft well and land some playmakers on both side of the ball. We really are stacked with picks so I'm counting on it to happen. Don't try to be the smartest guy in the room, just draft great players. I hope we all are super happy with the draft results, what are the odds of that?
:shrug:

Depends who you ask!

Reactions: BSQ
Watching the tape of Harris I think some will be disappointed. Not saying he cannot become a good back, but I think right now his greatest strength is as a a receiver out of the backfield.

Watching him run? Came away impressed with the OL for sure but he isnt going to be untouched for 5 to 6 yards in the NFL

Watching the tape of Harris I think some will be disappointed. Not saying he cannot become a good back, but I think right now his greatest strength is as a a receiver out of the backfield.

Watching him run? Came away impressed with the OL for sure but he isnt going to be untouched for 5 to 6 yards in the NFL

I agree - He's good - but I don't see that 1s round type level in him. His twitch isn't high level - although yes, I did se him hurdle a guy or too.

But all that hurdling stuff gets you no where in the pros.

He'll be solid….he just isn't Saquan Barkley level IMO.

He is not a lower the shoulders plow you type guy.

I agree - He's good - but I don't see that 1s round type level in him. His twitch isn't high level - although yes, I did se him hurdle a guy or too.

But all that hurdling stuff gets you no where in the pros.

He'll be solid….he just isn't Saquan Barkley level IMO.

He is not a lower the shoulders plow you type guy.
Agree with a lot of this as he runs tall, and it makes it easy for defenders to hit him low. He’s also not quick to accelerate, although he does have great speed for someone his size. He will learn that hurdling is best left to Olympic long jumpers.

I like Najee a lot. He falls forward...typically tough one on one and can catch. I have no issue with taking him in the first (I know..you're not supposed to..but that ain't stopping Pitts from going top 5) but I don't know...Javonte Williams is my guy and he should be there early second. (GM 's really like him from all the whispers and GM fanboy/girl sites).

I’ve changed my opinion a bit..

I’ve seen some reps that worry me when it comes to speed, I don’t think I could pull the trigger at 18 with potentially 5 qbs going before 18 and all that talent on the board..

I’ve changed my opinion a bit..

I’ve seen some reps that worry me when it comes to speed, I don’t think I could pull the trigger at 18 with potentially 5 qbs going before 18 and all that talent on the board..
Agreed. But yeah..try to convince some people on that... :bobdole:

Overall he lacks any burst or speed to run away from people. Runs very high compared to a guy like trey sermon which effects his balance. Not a good pass blocker either.

Overall Harris isn't a guy who will earn or deserved a first round selection. He doesn't have that special talent that a CMC, Elliot etc had. At 18 with our other issues and the running backs behind Harris, its a massive waste of a pick

18 is a bit rich, and I’m usually about stacking good players..

But like I said with all the qbs going there should be some serious talent on the board
Ordinarily I'm not a first round RB fan (let alone top 20).

An RB that isn't a breakaway threat?

Not happening on my watch.

If I'm considering a top 20 pick on an RB, he needs to be able to explode and take it the distance from anywhere on the field (and get the tough yards, and catch, and block, etc.)

Agreed with the sentiment that with at least 5 QB's, 2 OT's, 3 WR's, maybe 2-3 CB's off the board when it gets to us I do not want a RB that probably runs a 4.6, plays behind a great line and is tall. I would rather trade back or even trade up slightly from 36 to get one of the top 3. Pick 18 is just too rich.

I would rather have Williams (less wear and tear) or Etienne (explosive) myself.

I think that the question becomes Najee Harris or a pass rusher at #18 slot. Harris is the safe pick in that he is a quality RB who can do it all and has a proven connection with Tua. A pass rusher like Jaelan Phillips or Kwity Paye is probably higher risk but it's an obvious position of need. My inclination would be to draft Najee and hope that a decent pass rusher prospect drops to us in round 2.

Back
Top Bottom