Najee Harris | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Najee Harris

Hell no one seems to talk about Oklahoma State, RB, Chuba Hubbard who was considers by some a 1st rounder not to long ago.

Point being there's sopme equivalent talent out there that strongly suggests you don't have to take a RB @18.
Agreed. This is odd. Us agreeing. 😜

Hell no one seems to talk about Oklahoma State, RB, Chuba Hubbard who was considers by some a 1st rounder not to long ago.

Point being there's sopme equivalent talent out there that strongly suggests you don't have to take a RB @18.
Truth is we can probably get one of the top 3 backs at 36. It just depends who’s on the board at 18 and who the FO likes the most with that pick. I just think it’s absurd to be so rigid in your philosophy about absolutely never taking a back in the first round. I mean look at Travis Henry. Is a back like that worth a first round pick? I would think the answer to that question would be “Absolutely!”

True. You can find value and just as good talent in the 2nd round or beyond...often!
Obviously the stupid Dolphins couldnt last year. I guess Jonathan Taylor, or Swift or Dobbins or Akers were not very good NFL starting talents. Gee it would be nice to have a starting RB with their talents right now. Oh we got stuck with a great value pick in the 1st round- a project nickel cornerback that ended up sitting on the bench because he sucks and is a lousy player.

It's not important to acquire top tier talent. All that matters is that we don't reach for any players. Kiper lives in a lot of your heads. If you say NO RB should be drafted in the first round, I'm sorry, but it shows your total ignorance of the game of football. Here's some reasons why-Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders,, Emmit Smith, Eric Dickerson and many other examples. Jim Brown was picked 6th overall, was that a massive reach? I know, football is totally different now because it's a passing league. That's another bull crap narrative imo. I'd guess that half the offenses in the NFL still employ the run first concept. BTW, all of those RBs have one thing in common, can anyone guess? You can add in Gayle Sayers, Marcus Allen, Terrell Davis and Franco Harris.

I think we're all in agreement that we want to see the Dolphin's improve their running game. It's just of question of philosophy. I think it is crucial to the Dolphins success going forward that we land an explosive top tier RB. Others are happy with a few scat backs by committee and some think we can still get a good back in the 4th or 5th round. Maybe we can but if you want one of the top 3 RBs my feeling is we need to get it done early in the draft, #18. Otherwise, the music is going to stop and the Dolphin's will be without a chair. I really don't get the resistance, did we not enjoy Ricky Williams and Larry Csonka? I know, we all want a guy like that, just don't reach for him!!! Larry went 8th overall BTW Ricky was 5th overall. The moral of the story is don't be afraid to use #18 on Harris, Etienne or Williams. It's my opinion that we would never regret drafting a star RB at $18. One of the three might just land in the Hall Of Fame, uh oh, I gave away the answer. The previous is just my opinion, I'm sure everybody has theirs and they are entitled to it.

Obviously the stupid Dolphins couldnt last year. I guess Jonathan Taylor, or Swift or Dobbins or Akers were not very good NFL starting talents. Gee it would be nice to have a starting RB with their talents right now. Oh we got stuck with a great value pick in the 1st round- a project nickel cornerback that ended up sitting on the bench because he sucks and is a lousy player.
Noah is a boundary and was the litteral youngest player in the league last year. got burned the first 2 or 3 games of the season when he was thrown into the fire with no offseason vs Russel wilson and Josh allen. and then sat behind a possible future HOF and the highest paid cover corner. plz stop

It's not important to acquire top tier talent. All that matters is that we don't reach for any players. Kiper lives in a lot of your heads. If you say NO RB should be drafted in the first round, I'm sorry, but it shows your total ignorance of the game of football. Here's some reasons why-Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders,, Emmit Smith, Eric Dickerson and many other examples. Jim Brown was picked 6th overall, was that a massive reach? I know, football is totally different now because it's a passing league. That's another bull crap narrative imo. I'd guess that half the offenses in the NFL still employ the run first concept. BTW, all of those RBs have one thing in common, can anyone guess? You can add in Gayle Sayers, Marcus Allen, Terrell Davis and Franco Harris.

I think we're all in agreement that we want to see the Dolphin's improve their running game. It's just of question of philosophy. I think it is crucial to the Dolphins success going forward that we land an explosive top tier RB. Others are happy with a few scat backs by committee and some think we can still get a good back in the 4th or 5th round. Maybe we can but if you want one of the top 3 RBs my feeling is we need to get it done early in the draft, #18. Otherwise, the music is going to stop and the Dolphin's will be without a chair. I really don't get the resistance, did we not enjoy Ricky Williams and Larry Csonka? I know, we all want a guy like that, just don't reach for him!!! Larry went 8th overall BTW Ricky was 5th overall. The moral of the story is don't be afraid to use #18 on Harris, Etienne or Williams. It's my opinion that we would never regret drafting a star RB at $18. One of the three might just land in the Hall Of Fame, uh oh, I gave away the answer. The previous is just my opinion, I'm sure everybody has theirs and they are entitled to it.
I think that part of the reason that so many resist taking a RB in the first round in THIS draft is the lack of belief in THESE Running Backs.

None of these guys look to be as good as Barkley or Elliot, they just don't. Najee is over-aged, Williams was part of a committee, Etienne looks like he'll be pretty good, but I don't see him as dominant.

If Sarquon Barkley was available... then sure, but he isn't. We are left with these good, but not GREAT backs.

Noah is a boundary and was the litteral youngest player in the league last year. got burned the first 2 or 3 games of the season when he was thrown into the fire with no offseason vs Russel wilson and Josh allen. and then sat behind a possible future HOF and the highest paid cover corner. plz stop
He won't. His schtick is to come in here and complain.

Love the guy. Always have. But I still rate him as my RB#2 behind Travis Etienne. If one of those guys is available at #50, I take him. But, with our newly created edge rushing hole ... that takes away either #18 or #36. Assuming we take a receiving guy (Chase, Pitts, Smith, Waddle) at #3, and BPA at the other spot ... that only leaves #50 to get a top tier RB. I doubt Harris is available at #50.

Kylin Hill, Trey Sermon, Rhamonde Stevenson... all bigger backs who can do the same job that Najee Harris can do, and they'll do it for a much cheaper price.

Are they as good? Who knows, they didn't play on that stacked 'bama team. They had to play with much less help.

This team does have a history of finding really good RBs in the mid rounds but Harris is exactly what this offense needs. I'm torn.
I'd be surprised if Harris is there at 18.
If Harris and Sustain are there I'd go Sustain and Williams at 36.
I'm spinning dreams though doubt either will be there at 18.

This concept of "value" is about the contract for a drafted player vs what you would pay for proven talent in the FA market.

If you can "buy" Derrick Henry for a year for less than I have to pay the 18th pick why would I draft a RB at 18? Now I'm not saying you could buy Henry cheaper, just making an example.

FWIW I'd say the 18th pick will get a 7.1M signing bonus and a 13.4M fully guaranteed 4 year contract and the 6th pick will get a 16M signing bonus and a 25.6M fully guaranteed 4 year contract.

Value wise it makes more sense to take a RB at 6 than a TE. Currently there are 7 RB's making between 16 and 12M per year. There are 4 TE's making between 15 and 12.5M (and I'd say two of them are because the Pats overpaid a lot). Waller is a comp for Pitts and he got a 4 year 30M contract with 16.5M guaranteed. Pitts at 6 would make what Waller was guaranteed the second he signed and you'd still owe him another 10M if you cut him.

Back
Top Bottom