nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread... | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread...

typical response from your average everyday butthurt nba fan.you dont see how youve proved my point even clearer?SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT OFFICIATING.has there been?NO.its only gotten worse.

so with this this idiocy you just posted youve basically owned yourself about anything you have conceived about the spurs.

you can do better than that ferret.

I owned myself for anything I conceived. I'm all for liberties with the language but that's a new one to me.

I don't even know what your point is so I'm not sure how I proved anything. All I was trying to point out is that bitter fans blame officials all the time, whether it be fans of your particular team or those who opposed it. Whether there's any validity in the argument or not is personal opinion, one which I obviously do not share.

These guys have to make judgement calls in real time, and its not the easiest thing in the world to do. Go try officiating at some local rec league or AAU tourney or whoever will have you. People get hit under the basket all the time without it being called, players flop while not in the ref's line of site and he has to make a call, two players collide and again he has to make a call. I get the whole fan thing.....I've gotta put up with ******* parents all the time whose kids have never committed a foul in their lives. But so long as its a human making the call there are going to be mistakes that slow motion video capture will make sure to propagate.

Can't wait till the NFL season with replacement refs.......every fan is going to know their team could have won the game if it wasn't for that one pass interference or holding call that turned the whole game around.

I owned myself for anything I conceived. I'm all for liberties with the language but that's a new one to me.

I don't even know what your point is so I'm not sure how I proved anything. All I was trying to point out is that bitter fans blame officials all the time, whether it be fans of your particular team or those who opposed it. Whether there's any validity in the argument or not is personal opinion, one which I obviously do not share.

These guys have to make judgement calls in real time, and its not the easiest thing in the world to do. Go try officiating at some local rec league or AAU tourney or whoever will have you. People get hit under the basket all the time without it being called, players flop while not in the ref's line of site and he has to make a call, two players collide and again he has to make a call. I get the whole fan thing.....I've gotta put up with ******* parents all the time whose kids have never committed a foul in their lives. But so long as its a human making the call there are going to be mistakes that slow motion video capture will make sure to propagate.

Can't wait till the NFL season with replacement refs.......every fan is going to know their team could have won the game if it wasn't for that one pass interference or holding call that turned the whole game around.

the point is man with all the complaining about the officials by its fans in this league called the NBA,(a PROFESSIONAL sports league mind you),with all the inconsistencies,you would think they would shore up a lot of the bogus blowing of the whistles.bogus refereeing by joey crawford included.and people have been complaining for a long while.then they wonder why the viewer ship is down these last few years.im not asking for perfection,but when its a PRO league,it should demand top grade from its employees.that goes for ALL teams,not just the spurs.

the league, in mine and many others opinions seem to get worse by the year or they pick their spots to be horrible.i realize theres probably absolutely no reason to continue pointing this out,but it is upsetting sometimes when it appears they have an agenda.

as for the NFL we can only hope for the best.

to switch things up a bit,ive had a change of heart.i think the thunder are absolutely nasty,but i think ive gotten over lebrons "the decision",(didnt like the way he did it).

im going to root for the heat to win the title this year.please just do it.do it now.OKC will surely win some down the line,but let lebron get his first ring.

I just think its hilarious how you guys all think you're so unique in your little tirades against officials. Go to a sports bar with a bunch of expatriates during the euro games and you'll receive a nice little education in how everyone is out to screw them over and keep them from reaching the finals, which of course they'd win easily if they could just get there. The officials are all out to get them......and the different nationalities of the guys making the calls is what really makes it entertaining.

I just see you guys as all the same person.....whether its the goofball dad at his kid's sporting event or Berlusconi screaming from the poshest seats in the house. Everyone knows everything is rigged against them......unless they win of course. Then it was all fair play.

The NBA is doing quite well in recovering from its doldrums. They struggled to recover post Jordan, but that was more because the play sucked.....who really wanted to watch the Spurs play the Cavs or the Nets? I don't blame people for tuning out of those series. The Lakers/Celtics have been a hit though, and Miami/OKC would be highly entertaining and draw in the viewers. Not that it really matters. If you think the quality of officiating is that bad turn the tv off and go do something a little more productive with your life.

i definitely don't watch much tv...and def don't take the NBA that seriously,so its a push for me.definitely have more exciting things going on in my life besides the NBA and that includes the spurs.

to switch things up a bit,ive had a change of heart.i think the thunder are absolutely nasty,but i think ive gotten over lebrons "the decision",(didnt like the way he did it).

im going to root for the heat to win the title this year.please just do it.do it now.OKC will surely win some down the line,but let lebron get his first ring.
I would like to see LeBron win his first title for his sake. If he doesn't win the title it will be unrelenting criticism all summer. Still I think the potential Miami/OKC finals could be very entertaining.

Rondo and KG can suck it, sore losers..bitch move. I have mad respect for Doc and Ray Allen.

Rondo and KG can suck it, sore losers..bitch move. I have mad respect for Doc and Ray Allen.
They have some class. I always respected Ray Allen, and Doc Rivers is a hell of a coach. But you and me can both be happy that the ****ing Celtics are gone.

They made their run, it just wasn't as far as their fans had wanted it to be. They still had a great season in my mind.

One of the best seasons actually. It really is a ****ing shame it ended the way it did.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Exactly. People who could give 2 ****s about the Spurs are the butthurt ones. LOL. The Spurs lost because they weren't as good as the Thunder, period.

What's making you so angry about this?

One of the best seasons actually. It really is a ****ing shame it ended the way it did.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

What's making you so angry about this?

I believe you have mistaken the angry one here.

LeBron vs. Durant. The final all of us really wanted. I'm rooting more for Durant personally but just hope to see an entertaining series.

LeBron vs. Durant. The final all of us really wanted. I'm rooting more for Durant personally but just hope to see an entertaining series.
I think it should be a real entertaining final. I have no rooting interest in this series, I just hope it's a close, competitive series.

Maybe not angry but you seem so defiant. OKC was the better team in the series, there can't be any disagreement about that.

interesting that the thunder didn't get the damn whistle even at home...looks like this ones going to be a 7 gamer...still like the thunder...as long as the refs don't bail out the heat with some of those calls...late in the shot clock bail outs

Last edited by a moderator:
interesting that the thunder didn't get the damn whistle even at home...looks like this ones going to be a 7 gamer...still like the thunder...as long as the refs don't bail out the heat with some of those calls...late in the shot clock bail outs

What were the Thunder even doing down at that point to begin with? Hell, most of the game they were down double digits. You can't start a game 18-2 and expect the refs to bail you out with a last minute foul call down the stretch. As a matter of fact, one could easily make the case for Durant fouling out with 3 minutes remaining on a 50/50 play that was called a blocking foul on Battier. There were also several instances in the 4th quarter of Harden flopping around the court. Let's not act like the officiating has been one sided in the Heat's favor throughout the series.

Back
Top Bottom