nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread... | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread...

What were the Thunder even doing down at that point to begin with? Hell, most of the game they were down double digits. You can't start a game 18-2 and expect the refs to bail you out with a last minute foul call down the stretch. As a matter of fact, one could easily make the case for Durant fouling out with 3 minutes remaining on a 50/50 play that was called a blocking foul on Battier. There were also several instances in the 4th quarter of Harden flopping around the court. Let's not act like the officiating has been one sided in the Heat's favor throughout the series.

the calls down the stretch in the clutch have gone the heats way...and in the thunders own damn building...the only reason the heat scored in the 4th quarter of game 1 was cause of some lousy calls...a block call when collison was there and set on a wade drive to the cup for the and one etc...as for game 2 that 50/50 play where battier slides in late should be a no call play thru durant didn't come from the perimeter off the dribble all the way down the lane against a set player he took a power dribble or 2 and pulled up for the half runner and battier slid in under him shouldn't be a call there period...

battiers annoying as hell for the opposition with the stepping on shooters feet and the sliding in under guys but if he keeps shooting the 3 at the clip he has the first 2 games thats just found money for the heat...battiers been huge the first 2 games...

anyways you can't miss that arm grab and pull down by lebron on durant in the final minute...you just can't...officials 5 feet away from the damn play and blows it...just like you can't miss the rondo hit in the head down 2 in ot in the eastern finals...hell then the ref even missed the westbrook going for the board head clobber by lebron...just brutal officiating down the stretch...i can see the missing the loose ball foul with westbrook in the air but the durant miss can't happen...shouldn't happen...

i'll give you the hardin diving all over the place and flopping...but he's not the same level in that regard as d wade...who can't take a shot without going to ground or into the crowd...

durants shown the first 2 games that outside of lebron he may be the other superstar to carry the league...durants been sick in the clutch...i knew he was a deadeye shooter but i didn't know he had the off the dribble drive game and finish i've seen this series against a quality defending team...

It's the same song and dance from those who hate the Heat...blame the officiating. Referees have such a subjective job, there's no way they are going to make all the calls. Hell, I can count a number of calls that have gone against the Heat, but because they are so despised outside of their own state practically, fans are going to use any excuse for them when they win! It happens to EVERY team, not just the Heat. I'll never use officiating as an excuse for any of my teams losing OR winning...unless it's so blantantly obvious that my 89 year old gramma could've made the call.

Officiating aside, though, there's no one to blame but themselves for the Thunder stinking it up defensively most of game 2. Besides, if the Thunder are a much better team than the Heat, why have they only lead for 13 minutes of the total 96 minutes so far? If it weren't for a couple of 4th quarter droughts by the Miami Heat, the Thunder could easily be down 0-2 going to Miami. The Thunder have no business being down 16/17 points in the first, 18 in the second, 16 in the third, 14 in the 4th, and down 7 with less than a minute to go...especially in their own building! :idk:

i'm not blaming the officiating...but the heat are getting the whistle...i guess heat fans can't see it...or they just won't admit it...slow your roll with the heat could be up 2-0 right now...the thunder made the plays down the stretch in game 1 where they more than deserved that win...they owned the final quarter...it's a split...as for the thunder starting slow that's been their problem all post season...you're right they can't afford it against a quality opponent like the heat and more importantly lebron james...guys just too damn good

scotty brooks needs to wise up and play the heat small...kendrick perkins has no place in this series...run with ibaka and more collison and keep sephalosha on the court for d on lebron in the 2nd half as much as possible...sephs the only guy i've seen give bron fits

fishers play was a let down in game 2 also...fell in love with his 3 point shot too much...first game where i haven't seen fish play damn well this postseason in a while...

ha ha i'm behind the live game feed on the dvr have watched about 8 minutes of play and already the officiating is horrendous...the offensive foul call on durant on the perimeter catch where he bumped wade horrendous and before that james goes up on one side of the rim on a putback has his shot contested never releases the ball comes back down takes 2 steps to the other side of the rim and lays it in and these dopes call that a good bucket...rediculous

and now durants picked up a 4th foul on some straight garbage...good job joey crawford you ass clown

ha ha..thats a joke...one way to kill the thunder momentum which was seriously building at the time was to take durant out of the damn game...2 of those foul calls tonight were just straight garbage...

someone try to explain to me how crawford calls that blocking call with 16 seconds remaining...i damn well dare you...if anything thats an offensive foul as hardin was set and lebron drops an elbow in his chest...just more terrible calls...in the clutch...just give the heat the trophy david stern...you've tried to already all postseason...damn this craps a joke...how do you blow the whistle on that garbage...thats a one way call or no call all the way...joey crawford your a joke

d wade is the most overrated "superstar" i've seen in his supposed prime in a while...good lord guy lays down and whines every time he gets the ball shoots straight backboard breaking jumpers and other than leaking out and foregoing boxing out perimeter shooters hot dogs all over the place like he's legit...ha ha...what a downward trending player that guy is right now...sell high before others figure it out pat riley

one more thing...how the heck does scotty brooks take durant AND westbrook off the floor together in that critical 3rd quarter juncture...i mean seriously scotty brooks is killin me...you had no damn scoring on the court...i guess he just knew the heat run was coming with durant off the court like anyone should have known would be the case but that lineup from a scoring standpoint with both those guys off the floor at the same time was terrible

ha ha..thats a joke...one way to kill the thunder momentum which was seriously building at the time was to take durant out of the damn game...2 of those foul calls tonight were just straight garbage...

someone try to explain to me how crawford calls that blocking call with 16 seconds remaining...i damn well dare you...if anything thats an offensive foul as hardin was set and lebron drops an elbow in his chest...just more terrible calls...in the clutch...just give the heat the trophy david stern...you've tried to already all postseason...damn this craps a joke...how do you blow the whistle on that garbage...thats a one way call or no call all the way...joey crawford your a joke

d wade is the most overrated "superstar" i've seen in his supposed prime in a while...good lord guy lays down and whines every time he gets the ball shoots straight backboard breaking jumpers and other than leaking out and foregoing boxing out perimeter shooters hot dogs all over the place like he's legit...ha ha...what a downward trending player that guy is right now...sell high before others figure it out pat riley

:lol: How's that soapbox working for ya?

:lol: How's that soapbox working for ya?

funny stuff...you big damn homer...or maybe you just don't know what you're looking at enough to know when someones getting jobbed...i guess you should be glad you're on the end of it you are...

funny stuff...you big damn homer...or maybe you just don't know what you're looking at enough to know when someones getting jobbed...i guess you should be glad you're on the end of it you are...

:lol: Ok man, if you says so Hoops.

Either way you slice it, it's going to be tough for anyone....let alone Durant....to guard Lebron when he's on a championship mission. Plus, you can't get expect to win very many games when you only manage 5 assists from your starters. Westbrook is jacking up shot like there's no tomorrow. And for a great FT shooting team, you gotta do better than 62 percent. They may have been ''out-FTed'' big a big margin, but if you make 90 percent of your FTs, you win the game. One thing's for sure the Thunder are going to be tough in game 4 though. They're clearly the desperate team and will want to avoid the dreaded 1-3 series hole.

Either way you slice it, it's going to be tough for anyone....let alone Durant....to guard Lebron when he's on a championship mission. Plus, you can't get expect to win very many games when you only manage 5 assists from your starters. Westbrook is jacking up shot like there's no tomorrow. And for a great FT shooting team, you gotta do better than 62 percent. They may have been ''out-FTed'' big a big margin, but if you make 90 percent of your FTs, you win the game. One thing's for sure the Thunder are going to be tough in game 4 though. They're clearly the desperate team and will want to avoid the dreaded 1-3 series hole.

no doubt...and thats why durant can't pick up terrible foul calls like the offensive foul against wade and the chippy shot contest against wade under the basket where wade just flails and throws it up...that's also why imo the thunder should go with more seph on lebron...durants got to stay on the floor...all that said durant only "earned" three of those fouls yesterday...

it will be interesting to see how the officials treat durant tonight...get the feeling it will be with kid gloves but we'll see...they owe him thats for sure...imo tonights must win for okc...just can't see them pulling out 3 straight even with the final 2 at home if it went back to okc...got to have it

it will be interesting to see how the officials treat durant tonight...get the feeling it will be with kid gloves but we'll see...they owe him thats for sure...imo tonights must win for okc...just can't see them pulling out 3 straight even with the final 2 at home if it went back to okc...got to have it
For the sake of the game, I hope they call it differently on Durant. In the finals, I want to watch the best players on the court, not on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom